Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oi, Hummel. This is a shirt

2»

Comments

• Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

I don't get all the angst about Nike. I got both the all black and the purple away shirts and the cut and quality is the best of any footy shirt I've ever owned

Had no problems with the Nike shirts themselves, i own 2 or 3 of them, just so much nicer not seeing every other team in the league in the same shirt, the orange/yellow barcelona rip off shirt was a highlight! I still don that proudly!
  • Options

Taxi_Lad said:

I don't get all the angst about Nike. I got both the all black and the purple away shirts and the cut and quality is the best of any footy shirt I've ever owned

Had no problems with the Nike shirts themselves, i own 2 or 3 of them, just so much nicer not seeing every other team in the league in the same shirt, the orange/yellow barcelona rip off shirt was a highlight! I still don that proudly!
    just come across this post .. I've just bought this seasons home shirt more as a souvenir of the 25th anniversary than a fashion item (honest!) .. the quality is nowhere near as good as last season's Nike offering or of a Cabrini shirt .. AND, the players names inside the shirt .. what is the criteria for inclusion, seems to me that the same names are simply repeated over and over ?
  • Options
    I think it was the squad from 25 seasons ago? Not 100% though
  • Options

I think it was the squad from 25 seasons ago? Not 100% though

ah .. that makes sense .. thanks
  • Options
    Love the current kits. Happy we still have Hummel.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

You can see why teams are starting to jettison the boring, template kits produced by Nike and Adidas. A few years ago some saw getting your kit made by one of the big two brands as a status symbol but now it looks a bit naff.

Sunday league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:

This year’s kits have been the best in years. I’d be happy to keep the current one another season

I think all kits should be kept for two seasons regardless, even if they change one every year (new away this summer, new home next summer etc)
  • Options
    I have refused to by the kits even though they are nice, whilst Roland is still in charge. I did however have to relent and get the 25 years at the Valley kit, hoping to give it its first wear out to a Sunny Fratton Park
  • Options
    Loved the Bukta kit as a kid had home and away best shirt ever
  • Options
    All the Hummel gear has been nice, only criticism would be the sizing, i got the home shirt for Xmas in XL but it is really a L compared with other shirts, got the away in XXL as it's only £20 and it fits perfectly, same with the junior training kit my son wanted, luckily kept the receipt so got the next size up.
  • Options

Valley11 said:

This year’s kits have been the best in years. I’d be happy to keep the current one another season

I think all kits should be kept for two seasons regardless, even if they change one every year (new away this summer, new home next summer etc)
    You Sir talk too much sense to ever be involved in football.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

You can see why teams are starting to jettison the boring, template kits produced by Nike and Adidas. A few years ago some saw getting your kit made by one of the big two brands as a status symbol but now it looks a bit naff.

Nike in particular are so lazy, you see big clubs (and national teams) who will sell shed loads of shirts getting palmed off with a template design, how much would it have cost to provide something more unique for the likes of England, Spurs, City, Chelsea etc?

I imagine other clubs will have been impressed with what Hummel did for us, their first major(ish) UK club for a long time, one of the few good decisions the club has made in recent years.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Nike in particular are so lazy, you see big clubs (and national teams) who will sell shed loads of shirts getting palmed off with a template design, how much would it have cost to provide something more unique for the likes of England, Spurs, City, Chelsea etc?

I imagine other clubs will have been impressed with what Hummel did for us, their first major(ish) UK club for a long time, one of the few good decisions the club has made in recent years.
    You do realise for most of Charltons history we used boring template shirts which would now be hailed as classics.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

se9addick said:

You do realise for most of Charltons history we used boring template shirts which would now be hailed as classics.
    In those days though few wore replica kits other than young children, the whole "sportswear as leisurewear" business hadn't been invented!