Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oi, Hummel. This is a shirt

Love your work guys, great new kits but now THIS is a shirt!

image.

Comments

• edited July 2017
    Nice. Signature?
  • Signature?

Colin Powell
  • seth plum said:

I love the actual shade of red on my Woolwich shirt, best one we've had IMHO, some of our reds have not been deep or striking but rather 'meh'.

You have your own dummy too?
  • Stumping not punching.
  • seth plum said:

I love the actual shade of red on my Woolwich shirt, best one we've had IMHO, some of our reds have not been deep or striking but rather 'meh'.

What years this? I remember being quite struck by the shirt for 1991-92 when I saw it in a shop window for the first time. Mind you, I was a kid then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Selhurst years i'm afraid.
  • '88 I think. I bought my one back then from Soccerscene in Carnaby Street, but it didn't have the little admiral logos in every other square like some of the later ones did I'm sure....
  • Love your work guys, great new kits but now THIS is a shirt!

image.

What year is this please and what year is our oldest. Whatever it is, are there any even older out there I wonder?

image.

What year is this please and what year is our oldest. Whatever it is, are there any even older out there I wonder?
    I think I bought it in 1976. I can't recall any shirts being available to the public before this one.

Player shirts would have obviously been available from earlier.
  • edited July 2017
    Fumbluff said:

'88 I think. I bought my one back then from Soccerscene in Carnaby Street, but it didn't have the little admiral logos in every other square like some of the later ones did I'm sure....

It was 89-90. I hated that my favourit shirt was a relegation shirt. It's what we wore when we beat Chelsea with a Mortimer cracker and went top of Div 1 in September.

image.

My favourite Charlton shirt.

My 2nd favourite was the one around 74/75, with the white panel down both sides.
  • It's 78-80 I believe but the Museum has one from 1950
  • Sponsored links:

• What a great player Rodney Marsh was....top goal by Killer.....great build up play by Paddy.
  • Some good goals there, the Marsh one seems too high now as that sort of goal is pretty common now, whereas the team goals are still special. The way Paddy passed the ball out from our own corner flag instead of hoofing it was very "continental"!
  • edited July 2017
    http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Charlton_Athletic/Charlton_Athletic.htm

According to this it's the 78-80 shirt, as the 77-78 one is similar but with a slightly different collar and without the hoops at the end of the sleeeve
  • Classic kits both. I was always partial to the Osca shirts and the Adidas 86/88 shirts with honourable mentions for the 1991/2 Admiral design and the Le Coq Sportif Wembley classic used 1998/2000. I wonder what shirt would be declared the worst? For me it's 2008/9's Joma effort and the 2014/15 Nike ensemble.
  • pilchard said:

Classic kits both. I was always partial to the Osca shirts and the Adidas 86/88 shirts with honourable mentions for the 1991/2 Admiral design and the Le Coq Sportif Wembley classic used 1998/2000. I wonder what shirt would be declared the worst? For me it's 2008/9's Joma effort and the 2014/15 Nike ensemble.

I think my least favourite kit besides the catalogue kits has to be the centenary shirt, couldn't stand it
  • Fumbluff said:

'88 I think. I bought my one back then from Soccerscene in Carnaby Street, but it didn't have the little admiral logos in every other square like some of the later ones did I'm sure....

1990/91 season shirt after relegation from Division one! 88 season shirt had admiral strip across the shoulders!
  • pilchard said:

Classic kits both. I was always partial to the Osca shirts and the Adidas 86/88 shirts with honourable mentions for the 1991/2 Admiral design and the Le Coq Sportif Wembley classic used 1998/2000. I wonder what shirt would be declared the worst? For me it's 2008/9's Joma effort and the 2014/15 Nike ensemble.

I think my least favourite kit besides the catalogue kits has to be the centenary shirt, couldn't stand it
    Absolutely agree....neither the home or away kits are even anywhere near good enough for a centenary shirt.
  • pilchard said:

My shirt for the season

• I don't get all the angst about Nike. I got both the all black and the purple away shirts and the cut and quality is the best of any footy shirt I've ever owned