Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NEW ARTICLE: Are We Being Suckered In?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Fair play I guess to those getting excited about it all - giving us in depth analysis of Knobbo & his squad & pondering all kinds of tactical possibilities & transfer dealings. I on the other hand just can't give a flying f*ck about any of it until the Belgians sell up & clear out..
  • Options
    Protests in Belgium are the key
  • Options
    Stig said:

I am not putting money into the coffers of pricks who have f***** the fans over and destroyed the club, I will continue to non-league groundhop until the cancer is removed.

It has come down to a principle with me.

I like the idea of non league ground hopping. I did wonder if there was a coordinated effort to get lots of us to attend a different ground each week if we could use that as a way of protesting. If we all turned up en-masse to the same ground we'd get our football fix (though not our Charlton fix), meet our friends, have a chance to protest - and if we did it respectfully get some new allies in the football world, all without giving any money to Two Shats.

It might be a good way of protesting, and even if it turns out to be unsuccessful, at least we'd learn where all the non league grounds are in preparation for when this lot drag Charlton down to that level.
    This is also very good.... and fun!

• Options

dickplumb said:

Can people change? Is a burglar or a violent criminal a burglar or a violent criminal for life. The Owner, CEO and SMT have made so many mistakes and alienated and lost so many supporters. Can they truly change? Some would see that bringing in a British Manager, updating the Training ground, building a new website is change for the better. Bringing in three decent signings is change for the better. Introducing meetings with Meire is change for the better.

But, for me, the same problems persist. The problems are Duchatelet and Meire. Cosmetically it might change a bit, but the root of the problem is still there. I don't think that we will have success until they are gone.

Nail on head Dick.
    Ouch!
  • Options

Stig said:

To answer my opening question, I think you can get no finer evidence than the Season ticket thread.

We might not all have been suckered in, but significant numbers have fallen for their nonsense again.

I bought my season ticket, not to support the regime, or that I was suckered in, but because I am Charlton through and through, every grey hair on my head has CAFC running through it, I've supported Charlton through my childhood, and into my adult life. Although we made some early reasonable signings, I had that feeling that come the start of the next season, we would still be lacking players in some essential spots. But, I still want to come to the Valley, I still want to support my team, regardless of the so called owners.
    I am not going to have a go at a fellow Charlton supporter for supporting the team. In fact I admire your passion and sentiment.

However, by buying a season ticket you are supporting the regime and they are not merely the " so called owners ", they most definitely ARE the owners. As the owners they will be be delighted you have bought a season ticket and donated that money to them despite the fact that they have said, on at least two occasions, that winning games is not important.
  • Options
    I want to support my team and have to force myself not to go. The reason I do it is because I want the owner out for the good of my team. I know that what I do on my own has no impact, but alongside others we can hopefully wear him down. I believe that lots of unimportant people doing what little they can becomes significant.

When I see the club being well run - even if it is by this lot, I will stop protesting. I think the club desperately needs a new CEO - The manager needs to be backed fully etc... I do see some improvements, but I don't belive they have the knowledge to sustain them or build on them. I hope Roland sells quick or that they can prove me wrong - but sly digs on those that criticise suggest to me they still don't get it! Because the club has been run so badly since the owner took over, they now have to start running it well. You prove critics wrong by what you do, not what you say. And you don't try to find excuses for your failings outside of where the problem is.
  • Options
    Mametz said:

Stig said:

To answer my opening question, I think you can get no finer evidence than the Season ticket thread.

We might not all have been suckered in, but significant numbers have fallen for their nonsense again.

I bought my season ticket, not to support the regime, or that I was suckered in, but because I am Charlton through and through, every grey hair on my head has CAFC running through it, I've supported Charlton through my childhood, and into my adult life. Although we made some early reasonable signings, I had that feeling that come the start of the next season, we would still be lacking players in some essential spots. But, I still want to come to the Valley, I still want to support my team, regardless of the so called owners.
    I am not going to have a go at a fellow Charlton supporter for supporting the team. In fact I admire your passion and sentiment.

However, by buying a season ticket you are supporting the regime and they are not merely the " so called owners ", they most definitely ARE the owners. As the owners they will be be delighted you have bought a season ticket and donated that money to them despite the fact that they have said, on at least two occasions, that winning games is not important.
    Absolutely dead on.
  • Options

It is probably me that should grow up. But I cannot forgive KM who has insulted me and lied to me. She must go.

It's pretty certain she's not going. So she wins and you lose. Sorry.
    It's a long game and it's not over yet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've seen two preseason games, welling and tonight against Norwich.
    You'd expect to be beaten and outplayed by a team in a higher division, but I actually think from what I've seen so far that we actually have a worse squad than last season , my son said to me on the way out , I'm glad we've not got a season ticket dad, I feel sorry for the poor sods that have bought them that history maybe repeating itself again.