Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rolling Stones

Comments

• Options
    Has it moved from 9pm?
  • Options
    It says 9-30-10.30pm on my planner.
  • Options
    Yes it is 9:30 according to the beeb.  My info was from the papers and is incorrect, sorry.
  • Options
    Yes it is 9:30 according to the beeb.  My info was from the papers and is incorrect, sorry.
    Time was not on your side
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Have made a late decision to get some tickets for Sunday - and am really looking forward to it. 

Never seen them before. Back in my gigging days 20+ years ago I never even thought about going to see them because they were a bit "Old man" for me and the tickets were always too pricey.

Well now they're even older , but so am I. And the tickets are even dearer, but relatively I can afford them more now.

Can't wait.
    We went last Saturday and said the same thing as the previous time....I wonder if it'll be the last time we'll see them?

Judging by the way they were leaping around far easier than me, I wonder if it is the last time, it will be because.......and not the other way round!
    "Mayyybeee the laaast time, I don't... know"
    Exactly - wasn't that subtle!
  • Options
    Wow!
  • Options
    Not sure if any of you caught it but after the Part 1 of the show at the weekend covering MJ they showed a 90 min programme of how the Stones recorded the "Stripped" album.

It was all filmed in studios and small venues dotted around Japan, Holland & France. The first two tracks covering blues numbers filmed in a studio blew me away and some of this is/was unseen footage.

If you missed it your friend is catch up TV  
  • Options
    The Stones were absolutely superb last night, cannot believe the energy they have on stage.

• Options
    Just as a heads up ...

My Life as a Rolling Stone, a new four-part documentary celebrating the 60th anniversary of The Rolling Stones, will begin at 9pm on BBC Two on Saturday 2 July.

Each episode of the series will focus on a different member of the band, drawing on extensive personal testimony and talking head insights from fans, experts, and other musicians to build a portrait of the iconic band.

I believe it will appear on iplayer after tomorrow.

My Life as a Rolling Stone, Saturday 2nd July 9.30 BBC2 -  4 episodes.
    Bloody repeats
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    The Stones were absolutely superb last night, cannot believe the energy they have on stage.

Agree totally. I was tired just watching them!

Great show. Absolutely fantastic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep - it was fookin brilliant!
  • Options
    Mick Jagger had his 79th birthday yesterday. Can't believe how much energy he still has in their live performances. Big respect to a Dartford legend!
    Mick is unbelievable isn't he.
    His dad was a PE teacher and lived into his 90's, can easily see Mick doing the same.
    Will probably outlive me!
    As for Keith, he just keeps on defying the odds.
  • Options
    Reckon Keef has been pickled through substance abuse. Mick on the other hand, he'll go on forever.
  • Options
    Reckon Keef has been pickled through substance abuse. Mick on the other hand, he'll go on forever.
    Keef still isn't bad for his age and is constantly moving on stage, although not as much as Mick of course!

Of the three left (I just accept Woods as a Stone now after 50 years!) I would say Ronnie is the most pickled - he's only been clean since 2010!
  • Options
    Since going to see them three weeks ago more or less the only thing I've been listening to is the Stones back catalogue. 

Quick question to all the RS fans on here - what's your favourite album and why?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Since going to see them three weeks ago more or less the only thing I've been listening to is the Stones back catalogue. 

Quick question to all the RS fans on here - what's your favourite album and why?
    Greatest Hits 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Off_it said:

Greatest Hits 
    Which one?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Despite their huge back catalogue, for me this is easy. Sticky Fingers is number one - not a bad track with such a variety of styles, and any album that contains Brown Sugar, Wild Horses, Sister Morphine and Dead Flowers takes some beating.

In order, my top three:

1. Sticky Fingers (71)
    2. Let it Bleed (69)
    3. Exile on Main Street (72)

Three consecutive albums of sheer brilliance and coinciding in time with the emergence of my deep love of music (spanning my age of 12-15)
  • Options
    Off_it said:

If you were to ask what is the Stones greatest album my pick would be Exile on Main Street.
    But when I am considering my favourite I am influenced by factors other than just the music and it's artistic merit, like time, memories, sentimental attachment  etc.
    What do I play most/couldn't bear to be without?
    1. Beggars Banquet.
    2. Aftermath
    3. Exile on Main Street
    4. Big Hits(High Tide and Green Grass)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Off_it said:

Despite their huge back catalogue, for me this is easy. Sticky Fingers is number one - not a bad track with such a variety of styles, and any album that contains Brown Sugar, Wild Horses, Sister Morphine and Dead Flowers takes some beating.

In order, my top three:

1. Sticky Fingers (71)
    2. Let it Bleed (69)

Three consecutive albums of sheer brilliance and coinciding in time with the emergence of my deep love of music (spanning my age of 12-15)
    Would add Beggers Banquet to make it four in a row.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Off_it said:

In order, my top three:

1. Sticky Fingers (71)
    2. Let it Bleed (69)

Would add Beggers Banquet to make it four in a row.

No argument from me - it would be my number 4.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Off_it said:

I'm so glad you said that Bob because I'm currently playing it two or three times a day - it's on now! 

Such a great great album. And to think it came out before I was even born (just!)
  • Options
    Was there ever a concert that Charlie didn’t get the biggest cheer? 
  • Options
    Yours for £360.  Sold out in HMV apparently.

• Options
    Mick Jagger 80 today! Happy birthday to the boy from Dartford.
    What a life that guy’s had.
  • Options
    Happy birthday Mick - the frontman for the GOAT band.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Mick Jagger 80 today! Happy birthday to the boy from Dartford.
    It's my birthday too, sadly that's all we have in common but at least I'm not as old as him.