Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rolling Stones

Comments

• Options
    Fellow Old Dartfordians The Pretty Things (Dick Taylor was an early member of the Stones as well) had their farewell concerts last December after an impressive 55 years.
  • Options
    I guess they will keep on playing gigs until one of Jagger/Richards/Watts can't do it any more. Could quite easily make it to 60th anniversary!
    Just announced that Charlie Watts will be sitting out their forthcoming tour. Seems time is finally catching up with them sadly.
  • Options
    I guess they will keep on playing gigs until one of Jagger/Richards/Watts can't do it any more. Could quite easily make it to 60th anniversary!
    Just announced that Charlie Watts will be sitting out their forthcoming tour. Seems time is finally catching up with them sadly.

The beating heart of the Stones.

• Options
    Good to see that the Stones have replaced Charlie with a much younger but well established drummer in the shape of Steve Jordan. When "Rolled Gold:The Very Best of the Rolling Stones" was released in 1975, Jordan was a mere teenager who could only dream one day of playing with the Stones. He is now 64!
  • Options
    Hope the medical intervention Charlie Watts has had is not too serious. Still playing drums for the Stones at 80 is very impressive but it could be time for him to retire, and if so probably the band as well. 
  • Options
    Hope the medical intervention Charlie Watts has had is not too serious. Still playing drums for the Stones at 80 is very impressive but it could be time for him to retire, and if so probably the band as well. 
    Yes - no Charlie, Mick or Keith equals no Stones.
  • Options
    Good to see that the Stones have replaced Charlie with a much younger but well established drummer in the shape of Steve Jordan. When "Rolled Gold:The Very Best of the Rolling Stones" was released in 1975, Jordan was a mere teenager who could only dream one day of playing with the Stones. He is now 64!
    Amazing! I was in a band at school doing exclusively Stones and Faces covers - if Ron or Keef drop out I need to get my CV in there quick.
  • Options
    Get well soon Charlie,what an inspiration to all 80 year olds.
  • Options
    Charlie will be back once he’s over his op.
  • Options
    Following the death of Charlie the Mirror reprinted their first review of the Stones from 1963 under the headline, Twitching the night away.

I was a little young at the time, but I think there'll be a few lifers on here who were partly responsible for this strange twitching movement. 

58 years ago, jeez.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder what will happen (has happened) to Charlie's collection of pocket snottees.
  • Options
    I saw them play at the Granada Woolwich on Jan 20th 1964
  • Options
    Steve Jordan (played a lot with Keith Richards) playing with them on next tour. Surely after that they will finish - it will be almost sixty years as the Stones.
  • Options
    A lot of people telling them whether they should or shouldn't do another tour after this one. At the end of the day it's down to 2 people, Keef and Mick. I doubt if they know themselves yet. 
  • Options
    Great selection for the new stamp collection here, only the fourth group to achieve this after the Beatles, Pink Floyd and Queen.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10387827/Rolling-Stones-collection-stamps-mark-bands-60th-anniversary.html
  • Options
    Absolutely ridiculous ticket prices for any gig
  • Options
    Ronnie Wood 75 today. 

What a lovely picture with his six year old twins. (from today's Mirror).

The Stones play Madrid's Metropolitano Stadium tonight.

• Options
    Happy birthday Ronnie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    My eldest bought me tickets for Christmas for me and him to see The Eagles in Hyde Park on 26 June - and he's just told me he bagged a couple of pre-sale tickets today to see The Stones the day before. I know, no Charlie, but I'm still excited. 
    Just love the Eagles,have seen them 6 times before,and would love to go again,but £100.00 a ticket to stand all night is a bit daunting,you also have  Allison Krauss and Robert Plant to look forward to.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Just back from a great weekend in London.

Last night we saw The Eagles who were exceptional - incredible musicians. Supported by Allison Krauss and Robert Plant who were worth the admission fee alone.

Before that on Saturday it was the mighty, incomparable Rolling Stones who, with them all approaching 80, gave as good a performance as I have seen from them. My opinion of course, but anyone in Hyde Park on Saturday night who doesn't accept they were once again witnessing the greatest band of all time needs to have a serious word with themselves. 
    Yeah they were amazing on Saturday night, one of the best gigs I’ve ever been to.
  • Options
    I had tickets for next Sundays concert. Gutted I can't make it due to ill health. However I am lucky to have seen the greatest rock and roll band to have lived on several occasions over the years. 
  • Options
    Have made a late decision to get some tickets for Sunday - and am really looking forward to it. 

Never seen them before. Back in my gigging days 20+ years ago I never even thought about going to see them because they were a bit "Old man" for me and the tickets were always too pricey.

Well now they're even older , but so am I. And the tickets are even dearer, but relatively I can afford them more now.

Can't wait.
  • Options
    Just as a heads up ...

My Life as a Rolling Stone, a new four-part documentary celebrating the 60th anniversary of The Rolling Stones, will begin at 9pm on BBC Two on Saturday 2 July.

Each episode of the series will focus on a different member of the band, drawing on extensive personal testimony and talking head insights from fans, experts, and other musicians to build a portrait of the iconic band.

I believe it will appear on iplayer after tomorrow.

• Options
    Saw them 40 years ago and  loved it, but that was it for me.
    I just hate stadium gigs.
    My biggest regret was missing the chance to see them when they played consecutive nights at the Rainbow, Finsbury Park back in the early 70's with Mick Taylor in the band.
    People say about the 60's and seeing them then would have been incredible, but no doubt spoiled by the hordes of screaming teenyboppers.
    By the 70's they had perfected their image and their act and were cooking on gas.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Have made a late decision to get some tickets for Sunday - and am really looking forward to it. 

Never seen them before. Back in my gigging days 20+ years ago I never even thought about going to see them because they were a bit "Old man" for me and the tickets were always too pricey.

Well now they're even older , but so am I. And the tickets are even dearer, but relatively I can afford them more now.

Can't wait.
    We went last Saturday and said the same thing as the previous time....I wonder if it'll be the last time we'll see them?

Judging by the way they were leaping around far easier than me, I wonder if it is the last time, it will be because.......and not the other way round!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Can't wait.
    We went last Saturday and said the same thing as the previous time....I wonder if it'll be the last time we'll see them?

Judging by the way they were leaping around far easier than me, I wonder if it is the last time, it will be because.......and not the other way round!
    "Mayyybeee the laaast time, I don't... know"
  • Options
    My Life as a Rolling Stone, Saturday 2nd July 9.30 BBC2 -  4 episodes.