Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cameron Stewart back on trial

1235»

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2017
    razil said:

so didn't he play for us the first half of the season before Duchatelet took over on loan, and wasnt renewed because the spivs had run out of cash? If so I thought he was decent, funny how thats not mentioned in the interview if its him..

It was him, he scored a few goals and looked very tidy. If he's still got half of his ability he'll do a job in L1.

I just don't think I'd want us wasting money on him at the moment. I tell you what though Ceballos completely out performed him in the PSF's
  • Options
    from wikipedia

On 2 September 2013, Stewart moved on loan to Championship club Charlton Athletic until January 2014.[25] He scored on his debut for the "Addicks" on 17 September, in a 2–1 defeat at Huddersfield Town, after coming on as a 68th-minute substitute for Richard Wood.[26] He made his first start on 28 September against his former club Burnley, playing the first 83 minutes of a 3–0 away defeat.[27] On 9 November, Stewart scored a volley from distance in a 4–2 defeat to Leeds United at The Valley.[28] Speaking at the end of December, Charlton manager Chris Powell said he was optimistic of extending Stewart's stay at the club.[29]

I do recall him being one of our best players then, and that was in the Championship
  • Options
    razil said:

from wikipedia

On 2 September 2013, Stewart moved on loan to Championship club Charlton Athletic until January 2014.[25] He scored on his debut for the "Addicks" on 17 September, in a 2–1 defeat at Huddersfield Town, after coming on as a 68th-minute substitute for Richard Wood.[26] He made his first start on 28 September against his former club Burnley, playing the first 83 minutes of a 3–0 away defeat.[27] On 9 November, Stewart scored a volley from distance in a 4–2 defeat to Leeds United at The Valley.[28] Speaking at the end of December, Charlton manager Chris Powell said he was optimistic of extending Stewart's stay at the club.[29]

I do recall him being one of our best players then, and that was in the Championship

In a season where most of what we had were league 1 over achievers... God I miss those guys...
  • Options
    perhaps we're keeping him warm and cozy in case Marshall is crocked for a long time
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I see he's taking my advice.

He needs to start again at a lower level for someone who will snap him up and work his way back to the championship. I believe he could be good enough one day, just not right now.

• Options
    I reckon he'll score more goals than Reeves does in the next 3 months.
  • Options

I reckon you've seen Ben Reeves play for a total of about 90 minutes now...Reeves is not a goal scorer per se, but more of a creator. Stewart never scored loads of goals either, he just scored some lovely goals.

When Stewart was here in pre season he didn't look much like scoring, more standing on the touchline putting crosses in. At his best he's probably a Championship player, but it seems he's quite a ways off from his best at the moment. If things work out for him at Lincoln I'd hope we'd give him a look in when his contract is up in January. But I won't be relying on it.
  • Options

In a lower division.

What’s your point?
    My point is that Stewart wanted to play football & so put himself out there, trained with us & played in some pre-season friendlies. Reeves decided that he was a big time Charlie and sat on the sidelines waiting for the offers to pour in, all the while not training or taking part in pre-season. We then ditched the fit Stewart for the un-fit Reeves, who has played (as you say) around 90 mins of football in almost 4 months. When we needed him a few weeks back when Holmes was suspended he wasn't fit enough to be selected.

That is my point. I would love for Reeves to be a success but he has a lot to do before he wins me over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

In a lower division.

What’s your point?
    My point is that Stewart wanted to play football & so put himself out there, trained with us & played in some pre-season friendlies. Reeves decided that he was a big time Charlie and sat on the sidelines waiting for the offers to pour in, all the while not training or taking part in pre-season. We then ditched the fit Stewart for the un-fit Reeves, who has played (as you say) around 90 mins of football in almost 4 months. When we needed him a few weeks back when Holmes was suspended he wasn't fit enough to be selected.

That is my point. I would love for Reeves to be a success but he has a lot to do before he wins me over.
    There is a big difference in that many clubs wanted Reeves and it seems few if any wanted Stewart and there is a reason for that. Just turning up and wanting to play football isn't good enough. And it should be noted Stewart has been out of the game for something like a year and a half now. Some of that was injury, it should be added.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

In a lower division.

What’s your point?

There is a big difference in that many clubs wanted Reeves and it seems few if any wanted Stewart and there is a reason for that. Just turning up and wanting to play football isn't good enough. And it should be noted Stewart has been out of the game for something like a year and a half now. Some of that was injury, it should be added.
    I agree with the last part, whilst he did put himself out there, theres no doubt he would have jumped at the chance to train and play for us to help get fit.

Golf's got a point though, we're now in late October and Reeves has barely played despite the absence of any injury like Marshall had. His time taken to get himself fit is his fault but has cost us.

Luckily, we have done well without both him and Marshall so they should be huge additions when they are fully fit.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

In a lower division.

What’s your point?

I agree with the last part, whilst he did put himself out there, theres no doubt he would have jumped at the chance to train and play for us to help get fit.

Golf's got a point though, we're now in late October and Reeves has barely played despite the absence of any injury like Marshall had. His time taken to get himself fit is his fault but has cost us.

Luckily, we have done well without both him and Marshall so they should be huge additions when they are fully fit.
    Yes I don't disagree that Reeves has to carry some blame. I think we've talked about this before, but I think some of him taking a while to play was him not being fit, and some of it was a calf injury he picked up. The former is his fault, the later isn't necessarily, if that makes sense (and the two of course could be related).

But yeah on his day he's a very good player at this level, and the issue I took with golf's post was insinuating otherwise. Just because he's not fit doesn't mean he's not good.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Making his Lincoln debut already, getting 45 minutes against Everton under 23s in checkatrade trophy
  • Options

Making his Lincoln debut already, getting 45 minutes against Everton under 23s in checkatrade trophy

In other news Everton were being coached by Francis Jeffers
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Haha.
    "Right, twice around the cones lads and then let's go and hit town"
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

It's like one of those appointments you saw on FM 10+ seasons in where you think he'd never be a manager.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Guess thats because Unsworth is currently dealing with the First-Team squad