Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Thoughts?
  • edited June 2017
    Liked him when he was here before. Quick, direct, and a good shot on him.
  • And the titanic has sunk :wink:
  • Hope it does not mean Ricky is off.
  • I thought he was good with us.
  • where was he last season?

Think he was 'out the game'. Didn't seem to have a club
  • Sponsored links:

exactly

Doesn't sound good

He was on the bench for Ipswich at last seasons friendly. No idea what's happened to him since then.
  • Fits the budget criteria that the current incumbent has to play with.

Free agents, loans and a little bit of spending money on the little Irish fella from Bradford + the mystery man from Reading.

• se9addick said:

Never forget, never forgive

Don't look back in anger....
  • Sponsored links:

• He was ok as a lower Championship player for us but seems he didn't play a single game last season. Would rather someone that performed last season, even more so if Holmes is sold.

If we end up with Stewart, Ceballos and Fosu we'll be taking a risk with only Marshall as someone that performed in League 1 or above last season. Just the sort of thing we're used to under Roland.
  • I can't see us signing many more players and going by past experience with RD our transfers usually seem to start out positively and then tail off. Stewart in to replace Holmes and then another 4-5 out would not surprise me at all.

Trying to be more positive - Stewart could be decent backup to Holmes and Marshall. Reeves in at number 10 and another couple of signings and we have a very decent chance of promotion. Loan striker in would be lovely (one that can score=even better!).
  • 1StevieG said:

se9addick said:

Never forget, never forgive

Don't look back in anger....
    I heard you say
  • http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-chris-wilder-blasts-precious-footballers-as-blades-consider-double-transfer-swoop-1-8142403

I posted this link on the other thread. Strange that he was on trail at Sheffield United last September and made a good impression, but then vanished afterwards
  • Liked him when he was here before. Could be an ideal back up player on the basis that we keep Holmes. Still only 26 so a good age....hopefully he can kick start his career and contribute as well as he did before.

I remember being disappointed when he joined Leeds instead of us in the past..was this the player Andy Hughes encouraged to join Leeds a couple of years ago and got hammered on social media for doing so.
  • Random fact: he was in the crowd with the away fans when we won at Huddersfield in the cup.

Yet another winger. Do we have any plans to look at players in any other positions?
  • Good to have him on a trial basis first, don't see any harm in that.

Thought he was a good player last time around. Unfortunately, he hasn't played a ton of football since he left us, unfortunately.

Not having a club last season is obviously a bit concerning but it is what it is and getting him in now on a trial basis is the best way to handle such a thing.