Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do the Tories need to change?

Comments

• Options
    Just clearing the decks for his run at PM in a few months time I reckon but flipping eck, where do these people get their kids names from?

"...Lara Lettice, Milo Arthur, Cassia Peaches and Theodore Apollo"
  • Options

Just clearing the decks for his run at PM in a few months time I reckon but flipping eck, where do these people get their kids names from?

"...Lara Lettice, Milo Arthur, Cassia Peaches and Theodore Apollo"

My daughters and Granddaughters middle name are both Valley.

• Options
    It isn't the first time he has cheated on her or that he has been thrown out. He has fathered a love child and had multiple affairs in the past.
  • Options

Chaz Hill said:

Anyway, what about Johnson's wife kicking him out? :smiley:

Let's all post rude and disrespectful comments about someones private life.
    If he's not a leftie, then he's fair game.
    What a strange comment given that I picked up the story from the right wing press. I suggest you send a complaint to the editors of the Sun and Mail.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Chaz Hill said:

Thanks for the invitation, I will.

What a truly humungous wank stain this vile tub of lard is. On top of everything else he has no respect for his wife and children. Truly one of the most awful human beings on the planet.

An undoubtedly horrible individual but can't see how you can justify the highlighted bit at all.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Chaz Hill said:

What a truly humungous wank stain this vile tub of lard is. On top of everything else he has no respect for his wife and children. Truly one of the most awful human beings on the planet.

You really have no idea what's going on in The world.

Go read about 'education camps' in a western region of a country a bloke called Stu lives in (yes, im that scared about typing it) and you'll soon realise Boris wouldnt even make Top 100
  • Options
    edited September 2018

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

On Brexit and foreign policy Corbyn is utterly useless and deserves criticism.
    On brexit the Tories are shredding the country whilst snuffling round the trough grubbing for personal advancement.
    There you go, a bit of balance right there.

fixed that for ya, but completely agree.
    I am glad you make it clear you added 'foreign policy'. I wouldn't be able to, because I would be stuck on trying to understand what 'foreign' is.
    Being born in Kent and living in London, I would say that I am probably a cultural, social and political foreigner in this land although I am physically here.
    No way on earth do I consider myself to be part of the world inhabited by some posters on here, or that which is inhabited by most Tories.
    It is my personal tragedy that I have to exist in this current state.
    You could move?
    Is that a riff on 'if you don't like it fuck off'?
    Maybe, a little, but if I Iived somewhere that made my life feel like a tragedy, or made me feel like a cultural, social and political foreigner I'd probably leave.

Every time I return to The UK it feels less and less like home, which is why I have no plans to return.
    I suppose equally it could be suggested (not by me) that therefore you shouldn't bother coming back and should take up Chinese nationality.

It is a right enshrined in EU law that a native of country can moan about it all they like whereas woe-betide any immigrant moaning about their host country.

Incidentally @Stu_of_Kunming would it be possible to become a Chinese national, and if so how hard would the process be?
    It's 'possible' although not at all an option for me, no way am I giving up my UK passport!

Chaz Hill said:

Go read about 'education camps' in a western region of a country a bloke called Stu lives in (yes, im that scared about typing it) and you'll soon realise Boris wouldnt even make Top 100
    He wouldn't even come close to the top 300-500 million.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

On brexit the Tories are shredding the country whilst snuffling round the trough grubbing for personal advancement.

I am glad you make it clear you added 'foreign policy'. I wouldn't be able to, because I would be stuck on trying to understand what 'foreign' is.
    Being born in Kent and living in London, I would say that I am probably a cultural, social and political foreigner in this land although I am physically here.
    No way on earth do I consider myself to be part of the world inhabited by some posters on here, or that which is inhabited by most Tories.
    You could move?
    Maybe, a little, but if I Iived somewhere that made my life feel like a tragedy, or made me feel like a cultural, social and political foreigner I'd probably leave.

Every time I return to The UK it feels less and less like home, which is why I have no plans to return.
    I suppose equally it could be suggested (not by me) that therefore you shouldn't bother coming back and should take up Chinese nationality.

It is a right enshrined in EU law that a native of country can moan about it all they like whereas woe-betide any immigrant moaning about their host country.

Incidentally @Stu_of_Kunming would it be possible to become a Chinese national, and if so how hard would the process be?
    It's 'possible' although not at all an option for me, no way am I giving up my UK passport!

Chaz Hill said:

He wouldnt even come close to the top 300-500 million.
    There are 300-500 million people who are actively engaged in fucking up millions of other peoples lives? Really? I didn't specify a position on the scale of things, but for your benefit I'll say he is in the top 10% in the world, quite comfortably.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BBW has his numbers wrong. There are about 2 billion Muslims on Earth
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Leuth said:

BBW has his numbers wrong. There are about 2 billion Muslims on Earth

Correct, but you've assumed I'm only talking about Islam and all of its followers.

You'd be, unsurprisingly, wrong. Again.

I include anybody that believes any form of religious law should be invoked in any country (that does not include moderates who pick and choose the bits they want to believe out of convenience). They epitomise extremists.

Add to that anybody that believes, to the letter of the scriptures, any religious book.

Unless I've got the advocation of slavery, rape, torture and numerous other heinous crimes wrong.

Feel free to correct me if you know better.
  • Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

You could move?

Chaz Hill said:

There are 300-500 million people who are actively engaged in fucking up millions of other peoples lives? Really? I didn't specify a position on the scale of things, but for your benefit I'll say he is in the top 10% in the world, quite comfortably.
    You'd be wide of the mark with that as well. Quite comfortably, too.
  • Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

You could move?

Chaz Hill said:

Nah.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

You could move?

Chaz Hill said:

Nah.
    That's me sold.
  • Options
    Anyway, will the "Bonking Boris etc etc" headline in the Sun today affect his chances of becoming the next Tory Party leader/PM?
  • Options
    Johnson changing his mind yet again.

Now seems happy to be in the Single(s) Market.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had a trust wide emailed sent round today saying the government have still not confirmed teacher pay rises for this September so we will not be getting them until this happens. Their level of disorganisation continues to baffle
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Stop letting vile scum like Anjem choudary out on ridiculous sentences, chants death to British people including police, soldiers, glorifies the murder of lee rigby all why him and his wife sit on benefits, horrible peice of shit should never see daylight again.

just some of his anecdotes;

“When Sharia law is implemented, maybe in 10 or 15 years’ time, she [the Queen] would be expected like all women in Britain to be covered from head to toe, only revealing her face and hands.”
    “Thieves would have various warnings first, and only in cases where he has stolen more than £20 of non-perishable goods from a private house would his hand be chopped off.”
    “Under Sharia and under the Koran the sale of alcohol is prohibited and if one were to also drink alcohol, that would be 40 lashes.”
    “There will be no more pubs, no more gambling houses, no more national lottery.”
    “All women would have to be covered up appropriately and wear the niqab or veil and so there will be no prostitution.”
    “By 2050, Britain will be a majority Muslim country. It will be the end of freedom of democracy and submission to God.”
    “We don’t believe in democracy, as soon as they have authority, Muslims should implement Sharia. This is what we’re trying to teach people.”
    “Next time when your child is at school and the teacher says, ‘What do you want when you grow up? What is your ambition?’ they should say, ‘To dominate the whole world by Islam, including Britain - that is my ambition’.”

fucking loon.
  • Options
    https://inews.co.uk/news/jacob-rees-mogg-boris-johnson-channel-5-jeremy-vine/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=ijp

The double standard here is absolutely appalling. If you are going to use your faith and quotes from its holy text as your justification, then stand by it. Don't just pick and choose whatever bits you want.
  • Options

thenewbie said:

https://inews.co.uk/news/jacob-rees-mogg-boris-johnson-channel-5-jeremy-vine/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=ijp

The double standard here is absolutely appalling. If you are going to use your faith and quotes from its holy text as your justification, then stand by it. Don't just pick and choose whatever bits you want.

Religious person in 'being a f***ing hypocrite' shocker.

This is par for the course for all religious types.
    The blokes a first rate wombat (I don't swear on forums!), thought may did well at PMQ's yesterday mind.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

thenewbie said:

In the time of Jesus there wasn't much room for left or right - his people were oppressed by the Romans which would have been the overiding consideration for most I would imagine. Through time, people seem to have adapted the teachings of Jesus to meet their needs or have found things in his teachings that resonate. Tony Benn who was a non believer saw Jesus as a prophet and he was a massive influence in his beliefs. We often hear of the Christian right who clearly see christianity as a ultra conservative influence.

I think one aspect of these teachings that is hard to argue with was his preaching of social justice. Is this a left wing concept? We may label it as such, but that is probably wrong. There are conservatives who are deeply passionate about social justice, just they have their views which differ from the left on how best to achieve it. There are people on the extremes of both sides who don't care about people so much.

If Justin Welby feels strongly about social justice, he should be entitled, even encouraged to speak out and not be criticised for doing so. He isn't the Queen and I'm sure whilst there may be parallels with current Labour party policy, I am equally sure it is just a coincidence and he meant for his comments to address what he sees as an injustice. I am agnostic, but I think there is absolutely no point of the church if they are not supposed to make comment on our society based of their beliefs, whether we agree with them or not.

By criticising Welby's comments, there is a danger that those doing so are saying social justice belongs to the left. That says more about them than him in my opinion. The fact that it has been found that the Church has investments in Amazon probably says more about the complexities of modern finance than their duplicity. I don't think people should be looking for sticks to beat a decent person with, whether they agree with him or not.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

thenewbie said:

In the time of Jesus there wasn't much room for left or right - his people were oppressed by the Romans which would have been the overiding consideration. Through time, people seem to have adapted the teachings of Jesus to meet their needs.

I think one aspect of these that is hard to argue with was his preaching of social justice. Is this a left wing concept? We may label it as such, but that is probably wrong. There are conservatives who are deeply passionate about social justice, just they have their views which differ from the left on how best to achieve it. There are people on the extremes of both sides who don't care about people so much.

If Justin Welby feels strongly about social justice, he should be entitled, even encouraged to speak out and not be criticised for doing so. He isn't the Queen and I'm sure whilst there may be parallels with current Labour party policy, I am sure it is just a coincidence and he meant for his comments to address what he sees as an injustice. I am agnostic, but I think there is absolutely no point of the church if they are not supposed to make comment on our society based of their beliefs, whether we agree with them or not.

By criticising Welby's comments, there is a danger that those doing so are saying social justice belongs to the left. That says more about them than him in my opinion. The fact that it has been found that the Church has investments in Amazon probably says more about the complexities of modern finance than their duplicity. I don't think people should be looking for sticks to beat a decent person with, whether they agree with him or not.
    It's not his comments per se though is it? It's the totally unreal hypocrisy. He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone and all that.....

We already knew that the CoE uses zero-hours contracts and paid its vicars a pittance - AKA a stipend. We already knew that it chucked them out of the homes when they retired. Then there's this extract from the Church guide on parochial expenses: "Although parishes may prefer, for cash-flow purposes, to set a fixed rate allowance paid in monthly or quarterly instalments, this method of reimbursement is not encouraged because HM Revenue & Customs require all such payments to be declared for tax purposes." Umm, leeches, indeed.

Now we learn they have a multi-million pound holding in Amazon itself!!!! You really couldn't make this stuff up. Beyond parody.

Tax The Churches! It's the only equitable way.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!