Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do the Tories need to change?

Comments

• Options
    Did you see Corbyns first question in PMQ's today?
    Genuine LOL.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

She’s there until Brexit goes through next March. Once that point is out of the way she will be replaced shouldering the blame for the bad deal and to give the next leader a chance to lie his way to the next general election. No doubt a nice place in the upper chamber awaits her as reward for her paltry efforts.

Lady Maidenhead. You heard it here first.

Do you think Lady Maidenhead will hook up with Lord Buckethead?
    Or mix her up with Thatcher and get the Ironmaiden Lady, now that would be torture.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Genuine LOL.

I don't watch it as it makes me too angry/it is pointless.
  • Options
    Actually good, concise questions from Corbyn. He should have been doing this with Brexit for the past year. Absolutely no answers from May though, just like Karen Bradley at the select committee.
  • Options
    Oh ffs just re-nationalise it permanently https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/may/16/east-coast-rail-line-to-be-temporarily-renationalised-virgin-stagecoach .

This what happens when ideology gets in the way of common sense.
  • Options

Oh ffs just re-nationalise it permanently https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/may/16/east-coast-rail-line-to-be-temporarily-renationalised-virgin-stagecoach .

If it is profitable a second time it will only strengthen the argument.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Genuine LOL.

I don't watch it as it makes me too angry/it is pointless.
    A member of the 200 club.
  • Options

If it is profitable a second time it will only strengthen the argument.
    An argument that will no doubt be ignored because it does not fit in with the private good/public bad narrative.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just watched a bit of the Daily Politics show, what a bloody disgrace our politicians are.

The Tories (Stephen Crabb & Harriet Baldwin) can't condemn or criticise Israel, Labour (Richard Burgon) can't acknowledge any responsibility on the behalf of Hamas.

Harriet Baldwin didn't even know the difference between a green and a white paper and both Burgon and Baldwin completely fudged the Brexit questions, why even bother turning up if you are not going to tell us anything. You can see why lots of people where taken in by Farage's shtick as at least he said stuff.

We need PR badly so I can vote for any vaguely competent individual and not waste my vote/let the Tories in.

Just think how many Ukip MP's we'd have had in 2015 though (nearly 80!). I agree it is a better, fairer, system but can't see either of the two main parties going for it.

Serious question as I don't know, under that system who would be PM? as I suspect it would almost always be hung. Would it mean whoever can form a majority coalition? Or simply the one with the most seats?

It would certainly make me more likely to not vote Tory or Labour that's for sure. It'll probably make people laugh who know what cars I drive but I'd vote Green.

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Just watched a bit of the Daily Politics show, what a bloody disgrace our politicians are.

The Tories (Stephen Crabb & Harriet Baldwin) can't condemn or criticise Israel, Labour (Richard Burgon) can't acknowledge any responsibility on the behalf of Hamas.

Harriet Baldwin didn't even know the difference between a green and a white paper and both Burgon and Baldwin completely fudged the Brexit questions, why even bother turning up if you are not going to tell us anything. You can see why lots of people where taken in by Farage's shtick as at least he said stuff.

We need PR badly so I can vote for any vaguely competent individual and not waste my vote/let the Tories in.

Just think how many Ukip MP's we'd have had in 2015 though (nearly 80!). I agree it is a better, fairer, system but can't see either of the two main parties going for it.

Serious question as I don't know, under that system who would be PM? as I suspect it would almost always be hung. Would it mean whoever can form a majority coalition? Or simply the one with the most seats?

It would certainly make me more likely to not vote Tory or Labour that's for sure. It'll probably make people laugh who know what cars I drive but I'd vote Green.

It would have given us loads of UKIP MPs (in 2015) but it is is the fairest system. It would also have given us more Greens & LDs and less SNPs & Tories. I think Labour would have had a slight gain.

It means politicians need to compromise which is always a good thing.
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

It would have given us loads of UKIP MPs (in 2015) but it is is the fairest system. It would also have given us more Greens & LDs and less SNPs & Tories. I think Labour would have had a slight gain.

It means politicians need to compromise which is always a good thing.
    Labour would have lost nearly 40 seats, but yes the main loser would have been Tories and then SNP.

I like the idea, but just don't see it happening.
  • Options
    I don't always agree with Polly Toynbee but I think she is right on this.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/may/17/theresa-may-trump-migrant-visas

The article in the main explores her policies toward non EU visas, hence why not in the EU thread. How on earth are we going to reduce the damage of Brexit if we don't have policies that fill the skills gap from the rest of the world?
  • Options
    edited May 2018

They can start by offering Nando's discount cards to members of course!
  • Options
    classic toryism, try and use something that was popular 5 years ago to try and entice young people.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

classic toryism, try and use something that was popular 5 years ago to try and entice young people.

they're giving kids ketamine ???
  • Options
    One very good change would be in an Iranian prison cell where Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe could be changed for Boris Johnson, and he could serve out the rest of her sentence for her.
  • Options
    These are the nominated candidates I have to choose between in Lewisham East.

ADOO-KISSI-DEBRAH, Rosamund (Green Party)
    ARCHER, Ross Kenneth (The Conservative Party Candidate)
    CAREY, Charles Edward (No label)
    DABY, Janet Jessica (Labour Party)
    DIMAMBRO, Massimo James (Democrats and Veterans Party)
    FINCH, Sean Edward (Libertarian Party)
    GRAY, Patrick Hugo (The Radical Party)
    HALL, Thomas Bartholomew (Young People`s Party YPP)
    HOPE, Howling Laud (The Official Monster Raving Loony Party)
    KURTEN, David (UKIP)
    MARTIN, Maureen (Christian Peoples Alliance)
    REID, Mandu (Women's Equality Party)
    SALEK, Lucy (Liberal Democrats)
    WATERS, Anne Marie (The For Britain Movement)
  • Options
    For anybody considering voting Tory in Lewisham East, may I point out that Ross Archer is a Crystal Palace fan.

This is his campaign picture allegedly

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2018

They can start by offering Nando's discount cards to members of course!

Definitely not a bribe though.....
  • Options
    Have the Tories announced any other actions over the Salisbury attack other than the expulsion of diplomats and another delay to the legislation covering money laundering?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    seth plum said:

One very good change would be in an Iranian prison cell where Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe could be changed for Boris Johnson, and he could serve out the rest of her sentence for her.

Your endless diatribes would hold more value if you had ever denounced Straw for sanctioning actual multiple renditioning, illegal imprisonment and torture.
    Now that is someone with real blood on his hands.
    Along with Blair, obviously.

It's even been in The Grauniad, recently, so you may have been reminded of the sickening attitudes prevalent in the Bliar regime.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/may/11/jack-straw-give-evidence-role-libyan-rendition-abdel-hakim-belhaj-fatima-boudchar
  • Options

seth plum said:

Your endless diatribes would hold more value if you had ever denounced Straw for sanctioning actual multiple renditioning, illegal imprisonment and torture.
    Now that is someone with real blood on his hands.
    Along with Blair, obviously.

It's even been in The Grauniad, recently, so you may have been reminded of the sickening attitudes prevalent in the Bliar regime.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/may/11/jack-straw-give-evidence-role-libyan-rendition-abdel-hakim-belhaj-fatima-boudchar
    In order to feel antagonistic towards Boris Johnson I have to find stuff to denounce?
    How does that work? If I don't denounce something you suggest, it makes Johnson's behaviour acceptable?
    I am not excusing any previous bad behaviour by not denouncing it.
  • Options
    Gove is re-inventing himself more often than Madonna.
    His latest incarnation is a new age, nature loving, hippie.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    seth plum said:

So, appropriate for his current job?

Edit, sorry, the evil tory scum.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Gove is a strange man. He has never been a conventional Tory. He was adopted and sees himself as achieving against the odds. Of course his academic achievements have some basis in his parents by adoption, he has this desire for 'exceptional' underprivliged kids to be given every opportunity. Anybody who is normal or unexeptional he despises.

The problem is reality is a warped fantasy as his desire to go back to a time that doesn't exist anymore as anybody in education will tell you. He is disloyal and sly and hated more within is own party than he is even in other parties. It is not surprising he is re-inventing himself and he is one person it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up switching to Labour. if that ever happens, I hope they tell him to p**s off!

There is a three letter word that best describes him and it begins with G and ends with T.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!