Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket - World Champions Trophy 2017

Comments

• Options
    20 overs I meant
  • Options
    Who's ahead on D/L?
  • Options
    England look in VERY good form with both bat n ball
  • Options

Who's ahead on D/L?

England
  • Options

I love listening to Brendon McCullum talk about the game.

I thought the same. A great addition to the commentary team. So knowledgeable about the modern game
    Not just in this game, but in general - he has done some great masterclasses on captaincy and batting.

There was one moment he was asked about batting quite far out of his crease, even against spinners in T20. He responded: "Well, I'm coming anyway so I may as well give myself a headstart" - or something along those lines. Thought it was quite a funny line.
  • Options

Who's ahead on D/L?

England
    Not anymore. After 26 overs NZ are ahead of where we were at that stage & on course for a win. can't see us winning this unless we get 2-3 wickets before the 35th over. I would put the win predictor at 85% to NZ.
  • Options
    Yep.desperately need a wicket or two
  • Options
    This is worrying, we need to break these two up. They are going along nicely, Rashid going for 6 an over too
  • Options
    should have played it yesterday so we could have least got a point !!
  • Options
    Williamson out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    158-3

Williamson c Buttler b Wood 87
  • Options
    Really needed that
  • Options
    I knew that would do the trick. They need just under 8 an over from here - nip out another one quickly & we might have a sniff.
  • Options
    Phew. Back in the match
  • Options
    D/L out of equation now? What's the weather like?
  • Options
    4 down. Get in
  • Options
    I've not been over impressed with Ball in the last few games but today he has been the pick of the bowlers.fantastic effort.
  • Options
    191-5
  • Options
    194-6 but reviewing
  • Options
    194-6
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Game over?
    Don't shoot me if I get it wrong :blush:
  • Options
    England proving they are not just a batting powerhouse. Wood and Ball very impressive.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Very impressive bowling performance. We'll want to beat Australia, to make sure they don't qualify, and instead the winners of NZ/Bangladesh go through!
  • Options
    Now it really is game over.
    I actually think thi could be our year
  • Options
    205-7
  • Options

Just found out on Cricinfo the rationale for teams on equal points...

wins, then NRR, then head-to-head,then seeding

Based on the above we win the group today too?
  • Options
    It's not like it's the world cup though... more like confederates cup.
  • Options
    Good spell by Rashid which should keep him in the team for the rest of the tournament
  • Options

I've not been over impressed with Ball in the last few games but today he has been the pick of the bowlers.fantastic effort.

agreed, was calling for him to be dropped and stand by that if Woakes had been fit (although 5 seamers would have been the way to go today), but got to give him credit for an impressive performance today, albeit long overdue
  • Options
    What a turnaround! Ball and wood very impressive today