Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Micky Flanagan

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2023
    I still think it's a post covid thing.
    A few people cooped up for years are still going a bit mental now they are allowed out.
    Speak for yourself mate. Whenever I go out with the missus I've always got as smashed as possible - covid or no covid!
    :-1:

• Options
    Bilko said:
    Went last Thursday at the o2, the pouch thing with your phone and smartwatch was a right pain in the arse and also the queues getting in was a pain.
    Is this a Flanagan thing as not had this recently when I have been there 
  • Options
    My daughter and son in law are there tonight. They are both worried as a couple of friends walked out a couple of nights ago saying he was crap and nothing like the old Micky 
    He was a bit rusty tbh but was also quite aware of that and was a bit apologetic at the end (Leeds show). Still funnier than most though. 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Went to a Peter Kay in Feb, never had the phone thing then. Although wasnt funny enough to video, was disappointing……
  • Options
    Went to a Peter Kay in Feb, never had the phone thing then. Although wasnt funny enough to video, was disappointing……
    Well it was Peter Kay…

• Options
    Comedy in a large venue just kills the atmosphere.
  • Options
    Comedy in a large venue just kills the atmosphere.
    blame Newman and Baddiel for that !!
  • Options
    I went last night. Large queues getting in, but getting phone pouch unlocked at the end was quick. The phone pouch thing didn't really bother me.

I don't think he was as funny as previous tours. Was still decent though 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I went last night. Large queues getting in, but getting phone pouch unlocked at the end was quick. The phone pouch thing didn't really bother me.

Yeah, saw it similar. Was good with some very funny bits, but didn’t feel material was as strong as previous tours and equally didn’t think he was as polished in delivery. Seemed a bit nervous almost. Good night though.

The phone thing I just found a massive unecessary nonsense and just adds time on entry with them having to scan your tickets, then print you a ticket, then seal your phone. 

Ps. £8.50 for a Bud or Stella in a paper cup!
  • Options

Seriously?  Ouch.

So what was the phone thing all about?  Never heard this before.  It is to stop people filming him and protecting his material?  Or is it down to stopping performances being interrupted by phones going off?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Seriously?  Ouch.

So what was the phone thing all about?  Never heard this before.  It is to stop people filming him and protecting his material?  Or is it down to stopping performances being interrupted by phones going off?
    Both, but mainly to stop ppl fucking about on phones. It's becoming a normal thing, hopefully makes it's way to music venues too. 
  • Options

Yeah, saw it similar. Was good with some very funny bits, but didn’t feel material was as strong as previous tours and equally didn’t think he was as polished in delivery. Seemed a bit nervous almost. Good night though.

The phone thing I just found a massive unecessary nonsense and just adds time on entry with them having to scan your tickets, then print you a ticket, then seal your phone. 

Yeah. I went to queue for a beer, saw the price & thought fuck that. 

Robbing bastards 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Seriously?  Ouch.

Both, but mainly to stop ppl fucking about on phones. It's becoming a normal thing, hopefully makes it's way to music venues too. 
    I've been to gigs where adults watch the entire gig through their held up phones.

It really doesn't look fun, also when are they going to watch it back? People film their weddings on pro gear and don't bother watching it back. So Ian Brown on an iPhone is just going to look and sound crap. 
    That said, Ian Brown doesn’t need an iPhone to sound crap.
  • Options
    Not quite the same thing I know but when we went to see Bob Dylan at the Palladium they were doing this and it was excellent, no crappy glows of phones and all that. At Elton John last month (get me and my niche tastes) so many people were holding up phones in people's eyelines. 
  • Options
    What is a good time to get there, when doors open or last minute. I am booked in a restaurant in Greenwich for 6pm, just wondered whether I need to bollock something down or just take it slow.
  • Options
    What is a good time to get there, when doors open or last minute. I am booked in a restaurant in Greenwich for 6pm, just wondered whether I need to bollock something down or just take it slow.
    What restaurant do they serve those in?
  • Options
    Like you don't know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    shine166 said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Seriously?  Ouch.

I've been to gigs where adults watch the entire gig through their held up phones.

It really doesn't look fun, also when are they going to watch it back? People film their weddings on pro gear and don't bother watching it back. So Ian Brown on an iPhone is just going to look and sound crap. 
    I saw a video last week, final tune at the final ever event at Printworks and there were literally 1000s of phones recording it. Times have definitely changed, in my rave days I couldn't even read the face of my own watch... would have had no chance of filming anything ! 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    shine166 said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Seriously?  Ouch.

About 4 years ago, I was at a gig at Brixton academy and some twat was standing about 6 feet in front of me holding up a fucking ipad to film it. This went on for around 10 minutes until an expensive pint was sacrificed and launched at the tablet........from  about 6 feet behind him. He got the message.

Totally worth it  :)

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    shine166 said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Seriously?  Ouch.

About 4 years ago, I was at a gig at Brixton academy and some twat was standing about 6 feet in front of me holding up a fucking ipad to film it. This went on for around 10 minutes until an expensive pint was sacrificed and launched at the tablet........from  about 6 feet behind him. He got the message.

Totally worth it  :)

Alternatively, accidentally on purpose, keep jumping into them until they stop.
  • Options
    Just come out of the arena, got on first bus a saw and now siting on Charlton station ready for next train to Dartford, 

really enjoyed the performance, but more importantly, really enjoyed a night out with my son. 

Thinking of what we can do next (without mum) 🤫 don’t tell her
  • Options
    Just come out of the arena, got on first bus a saw and now siting on Charlton station ready for next train to Dartford, 

really enjoyed the performance, but more importantly, really enjoyed a night out with my son. 

Thinking of what we can do next (without mum) 🤫 don’t tell her
    Browns, Shoreditch 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    shine166 said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Seriously?  Ouch.

Do you youtube?