Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Micky Flanagan

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:
    How much were the tickets?
    Paid about £30 each for ours for his show in Stoke on 20 October.
  • Options
    Work in progress I paid £20/ticket. Some of the shows are even less.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Work in progress I paid £20/ticket. Some of the shows are even less.
    Stoke is a highly affluent area so that may explain why I paid so much.

Yes, ok ......
    Did you hire the whole venue ?
  • Options
    Saw Micky last night - very, very funny.

Set was about 80 minutes and I can't think of anything he did that wouldn't be worth making the final cut for the tour.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Saw him at Hammersmith Apollo this evening. Show still feels a bit Work in Progress and he got himself in a bit of a mess with the order. Given that the tickets were the same price as The O2 I was perhaps expecting it to be more of a preview than WIP. You can tell he hasn't performed for 5 years. Some genuine belly laughs, but some felt like filler and a bit of a rehash of his older stuff. Not impressed with the support though. Felt like a Romesh parody act!

Cracking seats though and nice to see him in a "smaller" venue.
  • Options
    Got tickets for the O2 in May.  Looking forward to it.  Hopefully he'll be into his stride by then
  • Options
    Got tickets for the O2 in May.  Looking forward to it.  Hopefully he'll be into his stride by then
    Same 
  • Options
    I’m May too. Laid out a fortune on O2 comedy in last couple of months on Flanagan, McIntyre and Kay 
  • Options
    Out of interest - who won the staring competition between those pair on the right?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've got tickets to see him in Leeds next month. Never seen him before so really looking forward to it. 
  • Options
    Doing Jack Whitehall in Derby in two weeks, then have Flanagan at the 02 in May and am doing McIntyre also next year.
  • Options
    I was there last night with the wife.
    Yes, the support act seemed more like a political lecture banging on endlessly about race, sooo boring & unfunny.
    But Flanagan was hilarious as usual, I love him.
    PS looks like Clem_Snide was about 5 rows in front of us in row S.
  • Options
    Here's a photo from Weatherspoons prior to KO. 
  • Options
    Saw him at Hammersmith Apollo this evening. Show still feels a bit Work in Progress and he got himself in a bit of a mess with the order. Given that the tickets were the same price as The O2 I was perhaps expecting it to be more of a preview than WIP. You can tell he hasn't performed for 5 years. Some genuine belly laughs, but some felt like filler and a bit of a rehash of his older stuff. Not impressed with the support though. Felt like a Romesh parody act!

Cracking seats though and nice to see him in a "smaller" venue.
    I like the smaller venues for comedy. I saw Flanagan at the 02 on his last tour and although funny, comedy just doesn't do it for me there.
    I saw his latest work in progress 3 times at Leicester Square, each time a little different. Each time a bit more polished than the last but still a few bits that didn't work out, the odd mistake but I quite like that to the well rehearsed finish show. It is also a lot cheaper there in a small venue, the 02 is extortionate with their pricing. 
  • Options
    I was there last night with the wife.
    Yes, the support act seemed more like a political lecture banging on endlessly about race, sooo boring & unfunny.
    But Flanagan was hilarious as usual, I love him.
    PS looks like Clem_Snide was about 5 rows in front of us in row S.
    I was in row K. Next to a bloke who wouldn't stop fidgeting. Was driving me insane!

Not saying Micky wasn't funny, he was....very. It's just for £50 a ticket I expected it to be a little less WIP.

• Options
    Anyone been yet to the O2?

How did the phone / smartphone confiscation work out? Does it add time getting away?
  • Options

How did the phone / smartphone confiscation work out? Does it add time getting away?
    When I saw Ricky Gervais 18 months ago, they didn't confiscate my phone, they just put it in a magnetic sealled bag.
  • Options
    I am going tomorrow, would also like to find out about the phone thing.
  • Options
    One of my suppliers went to see him at the weekend. Said the crowd were all hammered before the gig. There were a couple of punch ups and they had to pause to tell everyone to calm down. He also said most of the crowd were talking over it so he had to have a word with a group and tell them to button it or leave the venue if they just wanted to chat lol. Apart from that it was pretty good though apparently!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I went last Friday, it was good. He came on about 8.45 ish. 

The phone thing was annoying to be honest. You put them in a little pouch that locks (Yondr is the brand, you can Google) and you can’t access during the gig. After you can find someone that has a machine, similar to removing a tag from clothing. There are plenty of people around. I made the mistake of trying to queue for those that were on the concourse. There is no queueing system or order of anything Though. Just a free for all of people shoving it in the persons face to get the pouch open. Once we got outside the venue (where you usually queue to get in) there were loads of people with nobody around waiting. That is my tip 👍🏼, don’t queue, exit and get the pouch opened there.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    YTS1978 said:
    One of my suppliers went to see him at the weekend. Said the crowd were all hammered before the gig. There were a couple of punch ups and they had to pause to tell everyone to calm down. He also said most of the crowd were talking over it so he had to have a word with a group and tell them to button it or leave the venue if they just wanted to chat lol. Apart from that it was pretty good though apparently!
    There was a brawl about 10 rows back from me. No idea what it was about but he stopped the show as it was pretty loud and distracting. Quite embarrassing to have a punch up at a comedy gig to be honest 
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    YTS1978 said:
    There was a braw about 10 rows back from me. No idea what it was about but he stopped the show as it was pretty loud and distracting. Quite embarrassing to have a punch up at a comedy gig to be honest 
    2 punch ups last year at Ricky Gervais gig.
    One early, one later on.
    I think they were "protestors" who didn't like the jokes, aka spoilers.
    If you don't like the jokes don't go.
    I don't go to things I don't like/support in order to ruin for those that do.
  • Options

I went to see him in Leeds a few weeks back. Not much tbh. Airport style security going in, Chuck it in a bag (smart watches too if you’re honest enough).

On the way out, there’s just people outside who can remove the tag in a second and you just chuck the pouch in a bucket they have with them. 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Dizzle said:
    YTS1978 said:
    There was a brawl about 10 rows back from me. No idea what it was about but he stopped the show as it was pretty loud and distracting. Quite embarrassing to have a punch up at a comedy gig to be honest 
    Can only imagine excessive boozing was the cause and it spirals from there (much like football). His act maybe attracts a certain element, but I was really surprised when he told me! Seen fights at concerts before. But never heard of a brawl at a comedy gig!

I think I'll wait for it to be on tele lol
  • Options
    Bloke near me at Leeds was sick everywhere and got kicked out. Must have been in his 50s on a night out with his wife. Don’t understand getting pissed up to that level at a comedy gig. 
  • Options
    I still think it's a post covid thing.
    A few people cooped up for years are still going a bit mental now they are allowed out.
  • Options
    I still think it's a post covid thing.
    A few people cooped up for years are still going a bit mental now they are allowed out.
    True. Football not much different the last couple of years 
  • Options
    My daughter and son in law are there tonight. They are both worried as a couple of friends walked out a couple of nights ago saying he was crap and nothing like the old Micky 
  • Options
    Went last Thursday at the o2, the pouch thing with your phone and smartwatch was a right pain in the arse and also the queues getting in was a pain.