Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club cricket thread

Comments

• Options
    Anyone with small feet or a keen teenage son or daughter who would like a pair of very nearly new Slazenger cricket boots? They are size 8. Just has a Spring clean and found them, They were my sons when he was a colt and look like they have hardly been worn. Ideal back up pair.  
     Anyway they are free to whoever wants them, would be criminal to throw them away. They will be available to pick up from The Long Pond Pub from 11am tomorrow Saturday 20th April. First come, first served. Just ask at the bar. I'll post when they are gone. 
  • Options
    So the season starts in earnest for most this coming weekend ....what are your hopes and aspirations for the season?..as for me having emigrated to east Sussex I 'll be turning out for siddeley cc 2s in the lower reaches of the Sussex league along with a cameo here and there for catford and cyphers cc 

However I will still be attending to errant behaviour in the Kent and Kent regional leagues ..be warned 

Anyone playing, umpiring..making teas,etc enjoy your season and our beautiful game 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    lolwray said:
    So the season starts in earnest for most this coming weekend ....what are your hopes and aspirations for the season?..as for me having emigrated to east Sussex I 'll be turning out for siddeley cc 2s in the lower reaches of the Sussex league along with a cameo here and there for catford and cyphers cc 

However I will still be attending to errant behaviour in the Kent and Kent regional leagues ..be warned 

Anyone playing, umpiring..making teas,etc enjoy your season and our beautiful game 
    Panel umpiring again, starting on 12th.  Anyone misbehaves, I'll be sending a report form to you, Laurie!
  • Options
    My hopes and aspirations extend to getting a bowl 
  • Options
    lolwray said:

Hopefully one of those cameos is against the venerable Colfeians 4th XI!

Our season starts on Saturday, which is a week earlier than most KCL/KRCL teams I think. We're up against @Addickted2TheReds and his Beckenham mob, and hopefully we're not anywhere near as useless as we were two years ago (in fact, I have my sneaking suspicions we won't be, as the side's definitely improved since).

The games that year saw 88-run and 140-run defeats: in the former, a Kent youth scored 115, and in the latter... Well, we were 50 all out - having been 11-6. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    My hopes and aspirations extend to getting a bowl 
    Are you therefore happy to drop down the order mate? Seeing as we have seven bowlers (meaning I probably won't turn my arm over unless we're out of ideas...)
  • Options
    I'll bat at 11* if it means bowling!

*10. We have Sohidul in our team 
  • Options
    But actually 8 ;)
  • Options
    Do any of you lot on here ever play at goddington park.
    It's walking distance from my house and I often watch a game over there.
    Just wondering if anyone on here plays there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do any of you lot on here ever play at goddington park.
    It's walking distance from my house and I often watch a game over there.
    Just wondering if anyone on here plays there.
    Nah, but I do occasionally umpire next door at Orpington CC.
  • Options
    I'll average out 8 and 10 then!
  • Options
    Ain't it great to have this thread to read during the forthcoming fallow football  pause.
  • Options
    Wishing an enjoyable season to all our CL cricketers, umpires, scorers and numerous volunteers that help behind the scenes. May it be a hot and long summer!
  • Options
    58-0 off 6 against Paddy's team...
  • Options
    Whoops. 

1st change is slightly better than the opener!

64-1 off 9.
  • Options
    Weather has put pay to any hope of a knock today. League starts next week 
  • Options
    96-2 off 16.

Wicket for @Leuth
  • Options
    96-2 off 16.

Wicket for @Leuth
    Good ball or shit gets wickets 
  • Options
    96-2 off 16.

Wicket for @Leuth
    Good ball or shit gets wickets 
    Lbw...

It was straight, so good I suppose... :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taking an early tea due to the weather. Their opener is currently on 80-odd and on course to ton up. He seems a bit good for Div 13 cricket... 
  • Options
    Riviera said:
    Anyone with small feet or a keen teenage son or daughter who would like a pair of very nearly new Slazenger cricket boots? They are size 8. Just has a Spring clean and found them, They were my sons when he was a colt and look like they have hardly been worn. Ideal back up pair.  
     Anyway they are free to whoever wants them, would be criminal to throw them away. They will be available to pick up from The Long Pond Pub from 11am tomorrow Saturday 20th April. First come, first served. Just ask at the bar. I'll post when they are gone. 
    Boots still available. Collection can be anonymous, no questions asked. Someone must want them. 
  • Options
    We got dicked. 122 run defeat, and we scored that many runs.

Their opener batted very well and we... We're not that good and such is life. 

At least we got more than zero points lol
  • Options
    Bexley 2s game at the Vine off already. Boy is gutted. Especially as he has no excuse not to do more revision for his GCSEs starting Monday!
  • Options
    There will be very little if any club cricket in SE London and Kent today. 
  • Options
    Bexley 1s game still on at the moment. Matt Cross and Calum MacLeod away on Scotland duty and Ollie Robinson and Adam Riley are not allowed to play because they are both in Kent's squad for the 4 day game - starting on Tuesday! But Adam Rouse is allowed to play for the Vine because he isn't.
  • Options
    If the rain does relent then some of you might be treated to the excellent sight of me trying to play cricket with a sprained ankle. On the plus side it means Paddy's getting a gun slip fielder for 30 overs (I intend to bowl my ten, off a sort of one-pace shuffle) ;) 
  • Options
    I hadn't realised that former Test cricketer Sean Ervine had turned pro golfer. Wel that's what he was doing 'til Minster CC had succeeded in enticing him out of retirement!
  • Options
    I hadn't realised that Sean Ervine was a Test cricketer.