Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club cricket thread

Comments

• Options
    Will another recent KCL premier division winner be exiting the league tonight at the AGM? Big decision that will rock the boat or will they see sense? 
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    Will another recent KCL premier division winner be exiting the league tonight at the AGM? Big decision that will rock the boat or will they see sense? 
    When you say another, you mean other than Hartley?! What's the gossip?!
  • Options
    Yes, another. All will be revealed at the agm. One club may vote against the vcc, and that will mean automatic resignation. They would be crazy to do so imo, but that's the rumour...
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Pedro45 said:
    I'm intrigued too. If it's recently it would have to be Blackheath, Beckenham, Bromley or the Vine. 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Pedro45 said:
    I'm intrigued too. If it's recently it would have to be Blackheath, Beckenham, Bromley or the Vine. 
    Yep.
  • Options
    I get the rationale, to be honest. It's not exactly "voluntary" if every club has to vote for it upon pain of expulsion from the league. Bit of a bind.
  • Options
    What is this VCC and why is it controversial?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    What is this VCC and why is it controversial?
    So it's the "Voluntary Code of Conduct" which can be found here: http://www.kcl.uk.net/index.php/cr1/playcond/vcc1 

It details sanctions relating to players being reported and that sort of thing. I don't even think it's that controversial - probably more that the fact you have to sign it in order to be a member of the league is objectionable to this as yet unnamed club.
  • Options
    Sheesh! There I was thinking I'd have to clean up my act, but I suppose that, fortunately, bad behaviour will still be allowed in the KRCL 
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    Yes, another. All will be revealed at the agm. One club may vote against the vcc, and that will mean automatic resignation. They would be crazy to do so imo, but that's the rumour...
    My guess is Blackheath based on geography. They'd also have the easiest transition into another local league given they won the KCL this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You have to agree to the vcc as it is part of the constitution. Otherwise, there can be no sanctions against clubs for bad behaviour etc. One team, and I don't know why, has taken against it. It's not changed (as far as I  know)  so why now? Very strange if you ask me...
  • Options
    Well what happened?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I wasn't there, but I'll try to find out....

PS Nothing on Twitter that I could find.
  • Options
    No further changes to the fixtures, so it looks like all clubs accepted the VCC at the AGM last night. Phew!
  • Options
    Beckenham have signed Stuart Binny for the coming season.

Disappointing winter in terms of player loss though, so could be another season of struggle from us.
  • Options

Disappointing winter in terms of player loss though, so could be another season of struggle from us.
    Have you not signed a South African player too?
  • Options

Have you not signed a South African player too?
    Not as far as I'm aware.

I'm a bit out of the loop though. I've been in Florida for the past couple of months without my phone so haven't had the cricket group chats.
  • Options
    Heard Blakey has had a word with Joe Denly and he's going to play a few games for us, though.

(I might have made that up)
  • Options
    @Addick Addict

"It's one of the biggest, most high profile club signings this year, following the news that Beckenham's original overseas, Delano Potgieter, was unable to travel due to his successful Lions debut (145, 4-81) culminating with a Franchise contract. It's fair to say, Binny (34) will be a more than useful replacement, given his pedigree."
  • Options
    @Addick Addict

"It's one of the biggest, most high profile club signings this year, following the news that Beckenham's original overseas, Delano Potgieter, was unable to travel due to his successful Lions debut (145, 4-81) culminating with a Franchise contract. It's fair to say, Binny (34) will be a more than useful replacement, given his pedigree."
    Thanks - that'll be the one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ideal for me. 

I'm hardly challenging them for a place in the 1s but I fancy my chances in the bar over 34 year old Binny compared to a 22 year old Saffer...... :-)
  • Options
    Ideal for me. 

I'm hardly challenging them for a place in the 1s but I fancy my chances in the bar over 34 year old Binny compared to a 22 year old Saffer...... :-)
    He gonna be around first game of the season you think? Wouldn't mind edging his bowling to all parts... 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    No idea mate.

I'll try and count how many times I snick off to him in nets over the course of the year.

Will be surprised if that doesn't exceed the number of runs I score...
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Ideal for me. 

He gonna be around first game of the season you think? Wouldn't mind edging his bowling to all parts... 

Ha, sounds like your free-flowing net last night is going to your head...
  • Options
    AshBurton said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Ideal for me. 

Am I allowed to make a guest appearance to one of your nets to put Paddy in his place*?

*To puff a few into the side netting...
  • Options
    AshBurton said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Ideal for me. 

Am I allowed to make a guest appearance to one of your nets to put Paddy in his place*?

Sorry, no “2 months in Florida on a digital detox” sun-tans permitted

(yes if you pay a fiver)
  • Options
    AshBurton said:
    AshBurton said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Ideal for me. 

(yes if you pay a fiver)
    Will I have the delights of your Simon Church batting? Zzz... :-)
  • Options
    AshBurton said:
    AshBurton said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Ideal for me. 

(yes if you pay a fiver)
    Will I have the delights of your Simon Church batting? Zzz... :-)
    Got a new bat. Same effect as Mr Church getting some new boots. 
  • Options
    Every time I bowled you a short one, you tried to nurdle it through slip!