Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club cricket thread

Comments

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Hm, according to play-cricket, Will MacVicar hit 63 off just 10 balls on Saturday!

http://kcl.play-cricket.com/website/results/3549020

Should be 110 balls by the look of it (if the balls faced by others is correct); blame the scorers, as that is input manually.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

PaddyP17 said:

Hm, according to play-cricket, Will MacVicar hit 63 off just 10 balls on Saturday!

http://kcl.play-cricket.com/website/results/3549020

Should be 110 balls by the look of it (if the balls faced by others is correct); blame the scorers, as that is input manually.
    Mate I am all too familiar with the bane of uploading bloody scorecards - especially as at our level they often don't add up!
  • Options
    Only Byron Gould could score that many off of 10.
  • Options
    Anyone play for Chislehurst 2nds?
  • Options
    NEWSFLASH: Apparently there was no club cricket at the weekend
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

They are my club, but I've only played for the 2's once (two years ago) when they were short. Why?
  • Options
    AshBurton said:

Not that anyone wants to admit...or maybe all still hungover after club whitewashes?
  • Options
    Four wicket defeat for my charges, which I'm rather pleased with, given we had nine men.

Our 3s won by eight runs, 2s tied(!) and 1s won by 90 or so. A good Saturday, generally speaking.
  • Options
    Bexley 1s have just about staved off relegation after chasing down 100 exactly for the loss of 7 wickets against Tenterden. They also yesterday reached the Final of the Club Cricket Conference thanks in the main to an unbeaten hundred from Calum Macleod.

Bexley 2s posted 275-3 and in reply Tenterden were 157 all out. Another easy win and with two weeks still to go they are 43 points clear of Hartley so will be Champions of the KCL Premier 2nd Division.

The 3s and 4s have consolidated their position in their respective divisions with likely top 4 finishes whereas the 5s and 6s still have a good chance of promotion.
  • Options
    AshBurton said:

Why, did you score some runs or something?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    (A superb 81 not out against Bromley Common from Mr Burton, which he has successfully fished for an account of. I accompanied him for all of two balls)
  • Options
    Leuth said:

(A superb 81 not out against Bromley Common from Mr Burton, which he has successfully fished for an account of. I accompanied him for all of two balls)

Ha, well, modesty and all that.... but I think a bit of fishing is allowed after a polite interval of at least 36 hours.

What was not so superb from me was managing to run out our No. 6, who was batting like a god, when we were coasting at 144-4 with 9 overs left. Had I realised not a single run would be scored by any of my subsequent batting partners (3 ducks plus a 0 not out in a 9th wicket partnership of 27), I might not have been so impetuous as to run on a misfield. To compound this, I then completely missed a chance at 2nd slip off the same guy I had earlier run out (didn’t even get a hand on it) before taking a more difficult chance off our other opening bowler in the next over. Fortunately Tom is a lovely guy so only hates me a little bit.

Anyway, it was a really good game of cricket with 178-8 playing 172 all out with 2 balls left, the result literally in the balance right up to the final run out. This result (against the 2nd placed team before the match) should ensure our 3s are safe from relegation this year. Plus we had a free display overhead from the Red Arrows.
  • Options
    Oh and @Leuth took a vital wicket (LBW) with a shortish delivery that both Bromley Common umpires agreed did not quite bounce twice, even though it probably did.
  • Options
    Well played@ashburton
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

PopIcon said:

They are my club, but I've only played for the 2's once (two years ago) when they were short. Why?
    My brother has been their regular umpire for the season. First season umpiring. Going to go down and watch their last match.
  • Options
    AshBurton said:

Oh and @Leuth took a vital wicket (LBW) with a shortish delivery that both Bromley Common umpires agreed did not quite bounce twice, even though it probably did.

Two bounces are fine these days aren't they? As long as before popping crease.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Riviera said:

AshBurton said:

Not since a new law change in October 2017: “if the ball delivered by the bowler bounces more than once, before reaching the popping crease or coming in contact with the striker’s bat/person, then it shall be called and signalled No Ball by the bowler’s end umpire”.
  • Options
    AshBurton said:

Riviera said:

AshBurton said:

Not since a new law change in October 2017: “if the ball delivered by the bowler bounces more than once, before reaching the popping crease or coming in contact with the striker’s bat/person, then it shall be called and signalled No Ball by the bowler’s end umpire”.
    They've ruined the great summer game
  • Options
    @Addick Addict reckon Bexley 6s would allow me to be their umpire this weekend?

The fact that Catford and Cyphers are level on points with OCs in a relegation scrap has nothing to do with this amazingly generous offer.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Pedro45 said:

PopIcon said:

My brother has been their regular umpire for the season. First season umpiring. Going to go down and watch their last match.
    Oh cool. Yes, I gave Jamie lots of advice, but it took ages to actually meet him (due to weather, arriving at the club after he'd left, etc). He's a nice guy and fitted in very well at CWKCC. He has also given us a few laughs, such as going to square leg at the same end as the bowlers end umpire on his very first walk to the middle! He's very good on the laws and regs, but experience, field-craft and man management are works in progress! The end-of-season bash is always a good one, and will be better if the first team survive relegation (looking OK as of today...). I'll be there once back from wherever I'm umpiring (we don't get our last game details until next week) as soon as I can.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:

The fact that Catford and Cyphers are level on points with OCs in a relegation scrap has nothing to do with this amazingly generous offer.

I'm sure that the 6s would welcome any umpire however incompetent they might be................
  • Options
    AshBurton said:

AshBurton said:

Riviera said:

AshBurton said:

Thanks. The double bouncing Bouncer had become quite a tactic in the IPL I remember hearing/
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

PopIcon said:

Pedro45 said:

PopIcon said:

Oh cool. Yes, I gave Jamie lots of advice, but it took ages to actually meet him (due to weather, arriving at the club after he'd left, etc). He's a nice guy and fitted in very well at CWKCC. He has also given us a few laughs, such as going to square leg at the same end as the bowlers end umpire on his very first walk to the middle! He's very good on the laws and regs, but experience, field-craft and man management are works in progress! The end-of-season bash is always a good one, and will be better if the first team survive relegation (looking OK as of today...). I'll be there once back from wherever I'm umpiring (we don't get our last game details until next week) as soon as I can.
    He was told to me about the square leg incident, was laughing about it.
    This is the first bit of exercise he's had in about 15 years, but sounds like he's settling in. No question he still has a lot to learn.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

PopIcon said:

Pedro45 said:

PopIcon said:

A friend of mine umpires at CWKCC.
  • Options
    Alex Blake got 5 wickets and a century for Beckenham on Saturday. Some nice form leading in to the quarter-final! You never know - he may get to turn his arm over, too!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Pedro45 said:

PopIcon said:

Pedro45 said:

PopIcon said:

Gosh, all these CWKCC umpires coming out of the woodwork. Where were they when I did it for nine years! Jamie does the 2's and Nick (a Bolton fan) does the ones when he can these days. This will be the first season I haven't umpired any of the teams for 13 seasons!
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

LenGlover said:

Pedro45 said:

PopIcon said:

Pedro45 said:

PopIcon said:

Gosh, all these CWKCC umpires coming out of the woodwork. Where were they when I did it for nine years! Jamie does the 2's and Nick (a Bolton fan) does the ones when he can these days. This will be the first season I haven't umpired any of the teams for 13 seasons!
    My friend is a Charlton fan.

It's not you is it? Are you Welsh?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Pedro45 said:

LenGlover said:

Pedro45 said:

PopIcon said:

Pedro45 said:

PopIcon said:

Are, you mean Huwie! He used to do the 2's, but took over the 1's from me four years ago. He quit last season in the great purge when nearly everyone involved with the first team (8 players, plus the scorer, and umpire) all decided they didn't want to be involved anymore.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

LenGlover said:

Pedro45 said:

LenGlover said:

Pedro45 said:

PopIcon said:

Pedro45 said:

PopIcon said:

Are, you mean Huwie! He used to do the 2's, but took over the 1's from me four years ago. He quit last season in the great purge when nearly everyone involved with the first team (8 players, plus the scorer, and umpire) all decided they didn't want to be involved anymore.
    Yes I do mean Huwie.

I saw him at our annual cricket club reunion earlier in the season but he didn't mention that he is no longer umpiring.
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

I'm sure that the 6s would welcome any umpire however incompetent they might be................
    Just taken a look at the table - Orpington have won one less match than the top side and yet are in the relegation zone!