Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club cricket thread

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:

what About the other players playing with this Byron Gould mob , they clearly get limited batting and bowling opportunities , so surely they’d be as fucked off as the oppo

Feudalism still rife in the shires. They're probably grateful to touch the hem of his cloak
    Do not know the Goulds...

Just had a conversation about them with my Son

Maybe should change to Gould haters thread...

Sounds like it would be playing in my other sons under 13 side - saying that I would still be cack !!
  • Options
    I do think we run the risk of being a bit obsessed with them. We all know the drill by now - leave 'em to it unless something really funny happens
  • Options
    Leuth said:

As was discussed before in this very thread, it's pathetic that he's playing in the regional leagues

Yep agree - you are not obsessed ....

Much !
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I do think we run the risk of being a bit obsessed with them. We all know the drill by now - leave 'em to it unless something really funny happens

OK how 'bout this:

Yesterday the one and now only Littlebourne Sunday side played Sturry in Division 6 of the Kent Village League. No Byron but Sully did his bit with 148 out of a total of 289-8 off their 40 overs.

Sturry only had 10 men so getting anywhere near that total was going to be mission almost impossible. Except they did. Off the last ball too! Helped by 52 extras. Sully, the Saturday keeper, returned figures of 9-1-69-1.

Littlebourne are now 10th of 13th in the bottom tier.
  • Options
    @Addick Addict hang about. What was Chris Laas doing in the 2s this week? That's a bit strange!

Also, Murtaza Abbas - I thought he was 1s as well? Though I'd understand if he flitted between the two sides...
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

@Addick Addict hang about. What was Chris Laas doing in the 2s this week? That's a bit strange!

Also, Murtaza Abbas - I thought he was 1s as well? Though I'd understand if he flitted between the two sides...

Murts has been captain of the 2s for the last few seasons and is, therefore, a fixture in the 2s. Laas was in the 2nds because he hasn't been in the best of form. Angus Dalgleish has been mostly in the 1s this season as has Alex Hill but both were also in the 2s this week.

The Club has an abundance of players who are 1s/2s and is one of the reasons why the 2s are top of the Kent 2s PL. Equally, there probably wouldn't be quite so many players moving between the two sides if we had 11 players at the top of their game in the 1s.
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

Murts has been captain of the 2s for the last few seasons and is, therefore, a fixture in the 2s. Laas was in the 2nds because he hasn't been in the best of form. Angus Dalgleish has been mostly in the 1s this season as has Alex Hill but both were also in the 2s this week.

The Club has an abundance of players who are 1s/2s and is one of the reasons why the 2s are top of the Kent 2s PL. Equally, there probably wouldn't be quite so many players moving between the two sides if we had 11 players at the top of their game in the 1s.
    Completely understand re Murts - went to my school, very good cricketer!

Yes - it's a nice problem to have for a 2nd XI but perhaps less so for trying to settle a 1st XI. It's a problem we know all too well across the sides at OCCC, though as an admittedly weaker club, one we're more capable of dealing with, by and large...
  • Options
    @Addick Addict How long do you get these days to post your FULL scorecard on playcricket before incurring a fine?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

@Addick Addict How long do you get these days to post your FULL scorecard on playcricket before incurring a fine?

Tuesday at midday.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

As answered by my learned friend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Riviera said:

Tuesday at midday.
    Better pull your finger out then!
  • Options
    AshBurton said:

PaddyP17 said:

Riviera said:

Tuesday at midday.
    Better pull your finger out then!
    My approach to uploading scorecards is much more relaxed than my approach in the field!

... Or my approach to the wicket, for that matter
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Posted on Thecricket-club.com

Littlebourne CC Sunday Development Side have lost their opposition for this Sunday. Looking for a home game if poss. Start times/overs negotiable. Mixture of youth and experience

"Overs negotiable" as long as there's at least 10 for Byron to get his double ton and Sully to get his hundred. I also believe that old Gould, middle aged Gould, younger Gould and youngster Gould will all be playing.

Any takers?
  • Options

Posted on Thecricket-club.com

Littlebourne CC Sunday Development Side have lost their opposition for this Sunday. Looking for a home game if poss. Start times/overs negotiable. Mixture of youth and experience

"Overs negotiable" as long as there's at least 10 for Byron to get his double ton and Sully to get his hundred. I also believe that old Gould, middle aged Gould, younger Gould and youngster Gould will all be playing.

Any takers?

Purnells CC of Somerset may be up for it, seem like a decent bunch...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/cricket/45100324?__twitter_impression=true

• Options

Bexley 1s play Bickley today with what must be one of the youngest sides ever to appear in in the KPL - the old man of the team will be Adam Riley (26) with nine of the side aged 22 or younger. All bar two also played colts cricket for the Club with six of them coming from the same age group side.

By comparison, the 2s will have a 48 year old former England Test player in their side - Min Patel. And a certain 15 year old who will have the pleasure of keeping to him.

Conversely, Bickley Park are quite an old team, with most of them over 30.
  • Options

Bexley 1s play Bickley today with what must be one of the youngest sides ever to appear in in the KPL - the old man of the team will be Adam Riley (26) with nine of the side aged 22 or younger. All bar two also played colts cricket for the Club with six of them coming from the same age group side.

By comparison, the 2s will have a 48 year old former England Test player in their side - Min Patel. And a certain 15 year old who will have the pleasure of keeping to him.

Mate, don't get me started on the average ages of our cricket sides - my opening bats today have a combined age of at least 120...
  • Options
    Good luck Seb.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Good luck Seb.

He'll be fine - it's not like Min turns it... :wink:
  • Options
    WTF is going on at Bromley? Development XI conceded last Sunday and this weekend the 3's conceded their game due to lack of players at the 11th hour and the 4's who played had their win wiped out and registered as a concession too. I guess that is because they put out a 4th XI and not a 3rd, but I'm not certain.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In the top of the table clash, Bexley 2s made 281-2 off our 50 with Laas (118*) and Murts (108) the main contributors - despite one of Hartley's bowlers, a leggy, returned figures of 10-5-13-0.

The Hartley reply never got going and they crawled to 118 all out off just under 48 overs. All of Bexley's seven bowlers were economical including Min with 10-2-19-2.

Meanwhile the 1s lost in the last over to Bickley and need to win next week against their relegation rivals, Tenterden, to ensure survival.

• Options
    We copped what was on paper a thrashing against Old Wilsonians, although it would have been interesting if their umpire hadn't redefined the lbw law to 'fuck you' during my second over, when the guy who smashed 80 of their runs was on about 30
  • Options
    One of those LBWs that looked out from where I was fielding at point. Oh well.

I should've bowled myself sooner - and Leuth tbf - but our openers bowling like storm drains didn't help.
  • Options
    You're certainly sneaking up on me in the 4s wickets tally! Two more games. You might even do it
  • Options
    I don’t even want to talk about our 3s match against Bexley 5s. Men against boys (except that the men had quite a lot of boys too).
  • Options
    Actually. I will say what a great set-up Bexley have - the blend of youth and experience across all the (lower) teams works really well. Pleasant bunch too. We all commented on it after the match, enviously of course.

We were complete toilet though, myself included.
  • Options
    Maybe a 2-game spell in the 4s beckons? Anything to give us something resembling a batting line-up. It's that or I go up the order again, and nobody wants that
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Maybe a 2-game spell in the 4s beckons? Anything to give us something resembling a batting line-up. It's that or I go up the order again, and nobody wants that

Nah, wouldn’t help, technique and confidence shot to pieces. Early season form seems a long time ago. Yesterday I was bowled behind my legs by a left-armer - hasn’t happened since I was 15!
  • Options
    Hm, according to play-cricket, Will MacVicar hit 63 off just 10 balls on Saturday!

http://kcl.play-cricket.com/website/results/3549020
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Hm, according to play-cricket, Will MacVicar hit 63 off just 10 balls on Saturday!

http://kcl.play-cricket.com/website/results/3549020

8 x 4’s
    1 x 6

So presumably ran 25 off the other ball he faced....