Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club cricket thread

Comments

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Ah, the weird and wonderful world of the Kent Regional Cricket League Division 1C Met/West, following the upload of all results:

http://krcl.play-cricket.com/website/websites/view_division?id=77286

2nd to 8th - that is, a promotion and a relegation spot! - are separated by a point per position, from 95 for Holmesdale in 2nd to 89 for OD CUACO in 8th!

Slightly miffed quite how Colfeians, having won four, are a point behind Cyphers, who have won two (albeit with a game in hand), but such are the vagaries of the KRCL points system.

Corking season so far though!

So, in summary, if we have to concede on Saturday, we will be second from bottom - after being top going into our last game.
  • Options
    Regional cricket is as much about maximising points as it is winning games.
  • Options
    AshBurton said:

PaddyP17 said:

Ah, the weird and wonderful world of the Kent Regional Cricket League Division 1C Met/West, following the upload of all results:

2nd to 8th - that is, a promotion and a relegation spot! - are separated by a point per position, from 95 for Holmesdale in 2nd to 89 for OD CUACO in 8th!

Slightly miffed quite how Colfeians, having won four, are a point behind Cyphers, who have won two (albeit with a game in hand), but such are the vagaries of the KRCL points system.

So, in summary, if we have to concede on Saturday, we will be second from bottom - after being top going into our last game.
    We do not have to concede, no thanks to us two, Ash Jr, Simba, Chitty, and Rajeev.

But, 3s and 4s have 24 confirmed between us, so I'll be VERY disappointed if we don't get at least 16 out of the 1s and 2s.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

It is slightly strange to see that a team that has won more than half of its games could be relegated.
  • Options
    What are the rules for points?
    The KRCL website is shite
  • Options
    Winners receive 15 points. Losers receive between 0 and 9 points depending on the margin of their defeat:

Defeat between - Defeat by - Points
    1 and 9 runs - 1 wicket - 9
    10 and 19 runs - 2 wickets - 8
    20 and 29 runs - 3 wickets - 7
    30 and 39 runs - 4 wickets - 6
    40 and 49 runs - 5 wickets - 5
    50 and 59 runs - 6 wickets - 4
    60 and 69 runs - 7 wickets - 3
    70 and 79 runs - 8 wickets - 2
    80 and 89 runs - 9 wickets - 1
    90 and more runs - 10 wickets- 0

Both sides will also receive bonus points for bowling with one point being awarded for every 2 wickets taken. Maximum bowling points will be 5 either for all 10 wickets or when a side is 'all out'. In the event of the side batting first declaring; only the points earned for wickets taken will be awarded.

In the event of the scores being level, each side receives 12 points plus any bonus points for bowling.

In the event of a match not being completed due to the weather, it will be classed as 'abandoned' and each side receives 10 points. There will be no bowling bonus points.

In the event of a team failing to fulfill a fixture, they will be deemed to have lost the match and will receive no points. They will also incur a penalty deduction of 5 points. Their opponents shall be awarded 20 points.

• Options
    Clear as mud!
  • Options
    to be fair ..it tries to encourage closer games of cricket ...and tries to reward teams for positive cricket
  • Options
    lolwray said:

to be fair ..it tries to encourage closer games of cricket ...and tries to reward teams for positive cricket

Indeed - there is nothing worse than playing in a game where there is no incentive for the team batting second other than to just bat out time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Winners receive 15 points. Losers receive between 0 and 9 points depending on the margin of their defeat:

Both sides will also receive bonus points for bowling with one point being awarded for every 2 wickets taken. Maximum bowling points will be 5 either for all 10 wickets or when a side is 'all out'. In the event of the side batting first declaring; only the points earned for wickets taken will be awarded.

In the event of the scores being level, each side receives 12 points plus any bonus points for bowling.

In the event of a match not being completed due to the weather, it will be classed as 'abandoned' and each side receives 10 points. There will be no bowling bonus points.

In the event of a team failing to fulfill a fixture, they will be deemed to have lost the match and will receive no points. They will also incur a penalty deduction of 5 points. Their opponents shall be awarded 20 points.

So entirely hypothetically

Team A bats first and ammasses 200 all out
    Team B bats second, doesn’t lose a wicket and falls short getting 193-0

15 points for team A who win
    14 points to Team B ????
  • Options

14 points to Team B ????
    Yes, sounds about right.

When I played we had strong bowling and weak batting. Therefore we'd bowl first at every opportunity as we'd back ourselves to bowl them out relatively cheaply, meaning we'd be scoring batting points ASAP. If we batted first we may not have amassed a big enough total to give our bowlers time to get maximum bowling points.
  • Options

14 points to Team B ????
    I see you know your hypotheticals as 200 is usually a complete pipe dream at our level! Our 4th XI didn't score above 180 last year.

But yes, indeed.
  • Options
    Couple of late changes for tomorrow's PCA game with Mustard and Min (involved in pre Finals Day training session) being replaced by Saj Mahmood and Ajmal Shahzad.

The team now is:

Ali Brown
    Mal Loye
    Mark Ramprakash
    Owais Shah
    Adam Hollioake
    Dimi Mascarenhas
    Alex Tudor
    Dominic Cork
    Matthew Hoggard
    Saj Mahmood
    Ajmal Shahzad

One heck of a seam attack but suspect that one or two of them might have to double up as spinners!
  • Options

Couple of late changes for tomorrow's PCA game with Mustard and Min (involved in pre Finals Day training session) being replaced by Saj Mahmood and Ajmal Shahzad.

The team now is:

Ali Brown
    Mal Loye
    Mark Ramprakash
    Owais Shah
    Adam Hollioake
    Dimi Mascarenhas
    Alex Tudor
    Dominic Cork
    Matthew Hoggard
    Saj Mahmood
    Ajmal Shahzad

One heck of a seam attack but suspect that one or two of them might have to double up as spinners!

are PCA giving them a chance by not having a wicket keeper ?
  • Options
    I suspect that Ally Brown or even Adam Hollioake might do that job. And it they get 250 on the board that might not even need one!
  • Options

I suspect that Ally Brown or even Adam Hollioake might do that job. And it they get 250 on the board that might not even need one!

One of them should swap for Seb!
  • Options

I didn’t get the day off work , how did it all go at the PCA game ?
  • Options

The highlight of the three hour lunch was a very entertaining speech by Geoff Miller - the Yorkshire fans and players were the butt of many of his stories.

As for the game, the LAT side did quite well to restrict the PCA to 197-6 off their 25. Loye (45) and Ramprakash (41) top scored. Pick of the bowlers was Mark McLean who is a Kent U17 and Hartley 1st left arm orthodox spinner who had figures of 5-0-23-2.

The options to keep for the PCA weren't obvious and it was Dominic Cork who actually drew the short straw. The LAT were in a bit of trouble when Seb came into bat at 37-3. He didn't exactly help the situation by being bowled first ball by Shahzad! That said, he wasn't the only one to fall to Shahzad who sent back four of the top five for not very many.

The PCA continued to pick up wickets but an excellent 9th wicket partnership between their number 6 who made 35 and a 50 from the aforementioned McLean who was batting at 10, admittedly aided by some "friendly fire" spin served up by the likes of Owais Shah, Ali Brown and Saj Mahmood, allowed the LAT to get within a dozen runs of their total.

The 2s have no game today because Whitstable have conceded due to many of their players going to the Kent Final so Seb is turning out for the 4s to open and keep. Let's hope he lasts more than the one ball!
  • Options
    Go well today all! @Leuth I'm at a festival so keep me updated
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Decent little knock from Himanshu today. Let it be known that I mentored him as umpire for the first fifteen overs. I demand credit
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Decent little knock from Himanshu today. Let it be known that I mentored him as umpire for the first fifteen overs. I demand credit

To put it into a bit of context, he got 162 out of 271!
  • Options
    AshBurton said:

Leuth said:

To put it into a bit of context, he got 162 out of 271!
    162 is a good score for a team, let alone one dude!!!!!!

GET IN THERE HIMANSHU MY BOY I AM SO HAPPY
  • Options
    Win by fifty-odd. Bowled my best spell of the entire season on a road against two of the league's best batsmen: 10-0-51-0
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

14 points to Team B ????
    I see you know your hypotheticals as 200 is usually a complete pipe dream at our level! Our 4th XI didn't score above 180 last year.

But yes, indeed.
    Apart from today by the sound of things ? You can pay me to be hypothetical next week if u like !!!
  • Options
    edited July 2018

The highlight of the three hour lunch was a very entertaining speech by Geoff Miller - the Yorkshire fans and players were the butt of many of his stories.

As for the game, the LAT side did quite well to restrict the PCA to 197-6 off their 25. Loye (45) and Ramprakash (41) top scored. Pick of the bowlers was Mark McLean who is a Kent U17 and Hartley 1st left arm orthodox spinner who had figures of 5-0-23-2.

The options to keep for the PCA weren't obvious and it was Dominic Cork who actually drew the short straw. The LAT were in a bit of trouble when Seb came into bat at 37-3. He didn't exactly help the situation by being bowled first ball by Shahzad! That said, he wasn't the only one to fall to Shahzad who sent back four of the top five for not very many.

The PCA continued to pick up wickets but an excellent 9th wicket partnership between their number 6 who made 35 and a 50 from the aforementioned McLean who was batting at 10, admittedly aided by some "friendly fire" spin served up by the likes of Owais Shah, Ali Brown and Saj Mahmood, allowed the LAT to get within a dozen runs of their total.

The 2s have no game today because Whitstable have conceded due to many of their players going to the Kent Final so Seb is turning out for the 4s to open and keep. Let's hope he lasts more than the one ball!
    On a difficult track to bat and keep on with the ball from one end in particular keeping low one minute and then spitting the next, Blackheath made 141.

In reply, with the score on 41-0 off 8 overs, Seb sparked a collapse by stupidly running himself out when on 18 to the extent that Bexley found themselves in a spot of trouble at 63-5. Fortunately, the skipper and another senior "pro" batted very sensibly to share an unbeaten stand of 81.
  • Options
    I see George Kidd, who is a Kent U14 player, scored 113 off 75 balls yesterday for Broadstairs 2s against OCs. Whilst George is a decent leg spin bowler too, he didn't actually get to bowl yesterday as Broadstairs managed to win by over 200 runs without him doing so.

George's dad, Chris, is a spinner too and captain of Broadstairs 1s and has a bit of pedigree himself - 543 league wickets at less than 20 with an economy rate of 3.17 would satisfy most. Almost 30 years ago, he also captained Kent U12s as an 11 year old at the Taunton Festival and when they played Lancashire a certain Andrew Flintoff was his opposite number.

• Options

I see George Kidd, who is a Kent U14 player, scored 113 off 75 balls yesterday for Broadstairs 2s against OCs. Whilst George is a decent leg spin bowler too, he didn't actually get to bowl yesterday as Broadstairs managed to win by over 200 runs without him doing so.

George's dad, Chris, is a spinner too and captain of Broadstairs 1s and has a bit of pedigree himself - 543 league wickets at less than 20 with an economy rate of 3.17 would satisfy most. Almost 30 years ago, he also captained Kent U12s as an 11 year old at the Taunton Festival and when they played Lancashire a certain Andrew Flintoff was his opposite number.

Saw that Broadstairs v OCs scoreline - a century and 3 fifties in 358-5. But had no idea the main run-scorer was a 14 year old :-)
  • Options
    AshBurton said:

Saw that Broadstairs v OCs scoreline - a century and 3 fifties in 358-5. But had no idea the main run-scorer was a 14 year old :-)
    Two of the 50s were scored by U15s too.
  • Options
    I do hope that, should England win tomorrow, we don't see loads of concessions by teams on Saturday.