Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options
    I sort of know Ben, so I'll try and get some info.
  • Options
    With a visit and talks already happening the Reeves deal will probably have been one of the 2 he mentioned.
  • Options
    Will Grigg, now that would be a great signing in this league. Not sure Championship clubs will be after him as did not do too well and I don't think he got into double figures for them.

Wigan splashed the cash when they came down last time - but that was on the strength of parachute payments from the premier league. They would have run out this year.

They also signed Omar Bogle in January. Can they afford both in this league? Worth a bid, but both players will no doubt want a higher level.
  • Options
    Sounds fairly promising with Reeves. I'd imagine he's waiting to see if Robinson is still around in a months time before making a decision.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Sounds like the agent saying "hey, everyone Charlton have made an offer but still time for you to get in there with a better one"

Decent player at this level though and no fee.
  • Options

Sounds like the agent saying "hey, everyone Charlton have made an offer but still time for you to get in there with a better one"

Decent player at this level though and no fee.

Thought the same, especially with the offer being described as "firm" rather than attractive etc

• Options
    Described for a decent offer the level Charlton are at - looking for a better offer from a better level I imagine
  • Options
    La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La

That's me with my fingers in my ears, still not listening to whatever gets on this thread.

#whenItsOnTheOS
  • Options
    Here is the sad part...

If RD were to invest the 9 mil he got for Lookman into 6 players worth 1.5 mil each, which gets you real high quality in L1, we would be in the playoffs almost immediately.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Here is the sad part...

If RD were to invest the 9 mil he got for Lookman into 6 players worth 1.5 mil each, which gets you real high quality in L1, we would be in the playoffs almost immediately.

Not gonna happen.
  • Options

Here is the sad part...

We're in league 1, no owner would. Don't get me wrong the odds are they'd see a lot more of it in the long run than we will but nobody would spend that much getting out of this league.
  • Options

Agent says its quite promising with Ben Reeves joining us... Sounds like he's been to the training ground etc.
    Makes you wonder why MKD's didn't 'sell' him in January? Could have got something for him and looks like he's off anyway?!..................funny old game.
  • Options

Here is the sad part...

We're in league 1, no owner would. Don't get me wrong the odds are they'd see a lot more of it in the long run than we will but nobody would spend that much getting out of this league.
    Agreed and I doubt whether it was ever 9 mil up front anyway probably a lot less with the rest based on appearances and all in RD's back pocket to help offset his massive losses
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

We have been speaking with Reeves for quite a while now. Impressive signing for us if it happens.

Anybody else close to signing redhenry?
  • Options
    Nothing else at the moment as far as I am aware. Was told about Reeves signing on a free months ago.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Nothing else at the moment as far as I am aware. Was told about Reeves signing on a free months ago.

Do we think he will defo sign then ?
  • Options

Agent says its quite promising with Ben Reeves joining us... Sounds like he's been to the training ground etc.
    Makes you wonder why MKD's didn't 'sell' him in January? Could have got something for him and looks like he's off anyway?!..................funny old game.
    At the time maybe they were worried about the threat of relegation?

• Options
    edited May 2017

A They may have got relegated.

B I think KR pissed MKD off by going on about Reeves from early January & they probably refused to sell because of that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Redhenry said:

We have been speaking with Reeves for quite a while now. Impressive signing for us if it happens.

KR was talking to Reeves in January. He's had 4 months to decide, so surely it all boils down to money, a better offer or whether he gets an offer from a Championship club.

It was rumoured in January we offered £500K & MKD wanted £1M.
  • Options

A They may have got relegated.

B I think KR pissed MKD off by going on about Reeves from early January & they probably refused to sell because of that.
    C They were asking for silly money ?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Thanks Henry. I think KR all but came out and said in January that if we didn't get him then we'd get him for free in the summer. Or perhaps it was insinuated. Either way, I agree, good signing at this level. Can play as a 10 or out wide. A little inconsistent from what I've seen but fills a need for us.
  • Options

Redhenry said:

KR was talking to Reeves in January. He's had 4 months to decide, so surely it all boils down to money, a better offer or whether he gets an offer from a Championship club.

That is bonkers money for a good League One player with six months to run on his contract. I know KR overdoes it at times, but if that's what I was quoted, assuming I didn't understand what a false economy the transfers market is in England, then I'd be really upset as well. This is why teams, increasingly even in League One it seems, take a punt on foreign players.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Redhenry said:

That is bonkers money for a good League One player with six months to run on his contract. I know KR overdoes it at times, but if that's what I was quoted, assuming I didn't understand what a false economy the transfers market is in England, then I'd be really upset as well. This is why teams, increasingly even in League One it seems, take a punt on foreign players.
    Mk Dons turned down £500,000 for a player with six months on their contract?!!!?? That is about crazy as offering it in the first place.
  • Options
    vff said:

SDAddick said:

Redhenry said:

Mk Dons turned down £500,000 for a player with six months on their contract?!!!?? That is about crazy as offering it in the first place.
    Agreed. But we should be really clear, this is just rumor. And also, we don't know how that theoretical £500,000 was broken out, could have been £50 up front then £400,000 after his 10th international goal or when Charlton reach the Champions League.
  • Options
    I'm fairly sure Robinson said that Reeves would be joining when his contract expired, during his post transfer window moan. I don't want to have to sit through it again.

With them heading for a mid-table position, it would have made sense for MK to cash in if the player wasn't going to sign a new deal. I would guess they turned down the offer for a combination of any of the following reasons;

a) the offer was peanuts
    b) they thought they could get a better offer from our slick negotiating team.
    c) spite towards Robinson