Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options
    More names

Greg Kiltie
    Greg Docherty
    Lewis Morgan
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    One of the names that has been mentioned!
  • Options
    edited May 2017

We also have Thomas returning from Woking where he had a great season but may be out of contract. But we seem to be linked to a couple of no mark CHs from lower divisions. Why don't we try for Reece Oxford or similar?

These no mark CH's from lower divisions....that is the level we are at, i'm not sure who you think we could attract?

As for Reece Oxford, currently on loan at Reading, I can't see him playing any lower than Championship on loan again next season at worst. This is a bloke is linked with a move to the likes of Manchester City.

Guardiola or Karl f@@king Robinson?........not exactly a choice that will give him sleepless nights is it?
  • Options

I think this window will see the few remaining non UK players shipped out, so can see a need for a couple of centre backs.

Tex has to go- his wage alone can pay for 2 maybe 3 players wages at this level.

Bauer was one of my biggest disappointments this season​, i thought he would boss league 1 but he was exposed more than any other defender, i still think there​ is a good player in there and would keep him but not sure if KR wants him.

Sarr #farewellnabby

Leaves us with Pearce and Lennon (who hasn't played for a season) so i expect we'll be linked with a few defenders

Teixeira not going last season tells me he could be on our books for a while, at best with us loaning him out and still paying x% of his wages.

If the figure of 12k a week for his wages are true I do not have a problem with his (possible)stance of staying put. He must have thought all his Christmas's had come at once when squirrel face shoved the contract papers under his nose.
  • Options

We're in negotiations to sign a young 20 y.o talent from Scotland, between us and Bolton but two Champ teams have been watching him all season.

Can't say who until the morning (when it breaks). Price would be under the mill - 3 quarters of it if nothing changes. Very raw talent with proper potential.

Is it that 15 year old from Rangers who Chelsea are interested in, and we're going to snatch him from under their noses?!
  • Options
    Now that would seem like a very good signing.

Pearce alongside him could help his game as well.
  • Options

From that list, Liam Lindsay (although he's 21 now).

Well spotted (only got passed the info on from someone in the media in Scotland who incidentally is a Jags ST holder).

Raw talent, come in leaps and bounds since he saw him at youth level. Said 750k would be a snippet and will be International star for Scotland.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Well spotted (only got passed the info on from someone in the media in Scotland who incidentally is a Jags ST holder).

Raw talent, come in leaps and bounds since he saw him at youth level. Said 750k would be a snippet and will be International star for Scotland.
    Aren't they the team with that weird mascot? The freaky star? He may be glad to see the back of that.

EDIT
    yes they are this thing is terrifying
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cfgs said:

Aren't they the team with that weird mascot? The freaky star? He may be glad to see the back of that.

EDIT
    yes they are this thing is terrifying
    Kingsley.. sight for sore eyes he is.
  • Options

Can't wait to buy him and sell him for profit a year later.
  • Options
    Would be shocked if he stayed there, they are simply doing the pr bit.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Quite possibly. Reeves has options and quite rightly he and his will play one off against another.

If he good then you'd expect competition to sign him.

It's the players no one else wants you have to worry about.
  • Options

cfgs said:

Quite possibly. Reeves has options and quite rightly he and his will play one off against another.

If he good then you'd expect competition to sign him.

It's the players no one else wants you have to worry about.
    I didn't say he would sign for us though, just that I expect him to move ;)
  • Options
    I'm sure Reeves will leave MKD, I'm equally sure he won't be coming to us
  • Options
    Reeves will probably sign for Millwall after they win the play-off final.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Reeves will probably sign for Millwall after they win the play-off final.

booooo!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am sure they have been offering a new deal for the past year. Sop to their fans. "We tried everything but he wanted to leave. We move on" quote coming out soon.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

I'm sure Reeves will leave MKD, I'm equally sure he won't be coming to us

Cant help but think this will be the case. Agent using another clubs 'firm' interest to get other clubs involved shocker. Reeves has had months to decide whether for sign for us or not and its still going on. Be pleasantly surprised if we get him.
  • Options
    I really don't think Reeves will come to us. I think a Championship club will take him.
  • Options
    All the Reeves talk reminds me when many were convinced Green and Ajose would never sign for us and would instead go to Championship clubs.

On the other hand Kermorgant and Magennis were underwhelming signings.

Is he good enough to start for a Championship side? He might stay in League 1 (maybe not even with us) where he would be a key player possibly with the team built around him.

Seems to be the player KR wants as the "number 10". If you don't have a good enough player for that role I'm not sure there's much point playing that type of formation.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:
    Not overly unhappy at that deal... Experienced Goalkeeper brought in to challenge Dillon Phillips rather than another 'keeper around his own age (Declan Rudd or that Mark GIllespie from Carlisle we were once linked with) who will expect to play themselves.
  • Options

dickplumb said:
    Not overly unhappy at that deal... Experienced Goalkeeper brought in to challenge Dillon Phillips rather than another 'keeper around his own age (Declan Rudd or that Mark GIllespie from Carlisle we were once linked with) who will expect to play themselves.
    I don't expect Dillon Phillips to hang around, he's been treated badly imo.

You are assuming that a GK no longer wanted by MKD will walk in as no1.

• Options

I think this window will see the few remaining non UK players shipped out, so can see a need for a couple of centre backs.

Tex has to go- his wage alone can pay for 2 maybe 3 players wages at this level.

Bauer was one of my biggest disappointments this season​, i thought he would boss league 1 but he was exposed more than any other defender, i still think there​ is a good player in there and would keep him but not sure if KR wants him.

Sarr #farewellnabby

Leaves us with Pearce and Lennon (who hasn't played for a season) so i expect we'll be linked with a few defenders

Teixeira not going last season tells me he could be on our books for a while, at best with us loaning him out and still paying x% of his wages.

If the figure of 12k a week for his wages are true I do not have a problem with his (possible)stance of staying put. He must have thought all his Christmas's had come at once when squirrel face shoved the contract papers under his nose.
    No, no, no! Didn't Jimmy Tarbuck tell us Tex was showing everyone on his mobile phone just before the start of a game where he would be playing next season?
  • Options

Sarr #farewellnabby

No, no, no! Didn't Jimmy Tarbuck tell us Tex was showing everyone on his mobile phone just before the start of a game where he would be playing next season?
    The U23s?