Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congrats Phil Parkinson

Comments

• Options
    Met him at Bromley & a sponsors dinner. He seemed likeable. Think Slater and Jiminez cut him loose a bit early, his successor was a good appointment eventually, having stripped back and rebuilt an entire team.
  • Options
    Not in a good place at present - transfer embargo meant limited summer signings and have left Bolton bottom with just two points from nine games with no goals from six consecutive defeats. Can't help thinking that, despite such limited resources and the way football is, another defeat tonight could leave him vulnerable to the sack.
  • Options
    Bolton look f***ed and unable to compete in the Championship. They will need a miracle to stay up.

Can't see Parky lasting much longer.
  • Options
    Was fearful seeing these two posts that he had been sacked

Is a shame for him, I've long wanted to see him given the chance in the Championship with a club that he got promoted yet when he finally succeeded it was with a side who cant financially compete at that level

Thankfully he'll surely get another position
  • Options

always liked him, certainly a lot more likeable than a lot of other tossers we've had managing us.

Met him a few times and he was always happy to have a chat. Did a decent job for us with very limited resources.

Impossible for Bolton to be competitive given their resources in the Championship.

He always rocked a v-neck jumper!
  • Options
    Can't see them binning him just yet, it'll only cost more money to pay him and his replacement (who would have the exact same squad)
  • Options
    Bolton have got underlying money troubles and only came out of the transfer embargo a few weeks ago. If they had any sense they'd be getting some free agents in sharpish just to steady the ship. Don't think anyone would blame Parky (yet), he's lost players over the summer and not got anyone in.
  • Options
    How many managers have been unable to sign players in multiple windows whether due to embargos or due dilligence?

Parky has never been lucky in the transfer windows...
  • Options
    Are they still 100+ million in debt?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why he left Bradford for Bolton was very strange. Bradford are a club on the up
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Guess he thought that Bolton were too having just been taken over etc.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Well he did get Bolton promoted when Bradford stayed down...wasn't there a story that Bradford's new German? owners were likely to replace him anyway?

• Options
    Big night in the championship tonight, top four playing each other.
  • Options

Poor old Parky .... he probably knows he can't get blood out of a stone.
  • Options
    I think he has confirmed that he is only capable, very, at league one and below. Did well at Colchester, us after relegation, amazingly at Bradford but give him the dizzy heights of the second best league and he struggles. Nice enough person though....
  • Options
    Seven defeats on the trot (For 0 Against 18), a new club record number of games without scoring. Doubt that the owners will resist change for much longer however bad the off pitch issues are.
  • Options
    Gills want a Manager
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I'd have Parky back. Still think he's better than Robinson and has done okay on a shoestring budget before.
    (Note I am not saying on ZERO budget like this season.)

Let's wait til Robinson has had 20 games though as at the moment I think he's JUST about doing enough to keep his job and we need that stability.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I'd have Parky back. Still think he's better than Robinson and has done okay on a shoestring budget before.
    (Note I am not saying on ZERO budget like this season.)

Let's wait til Robinson has had 20 games though as at the moment I think he's JUST about doing enough to keep his job and we need that stability.

I mean we're 7th...Not saying Robinson is flawless by any stretch, but we're also not terrible, just in a bad run of form.
  • Options
    Sacked.
  • Options
    Sacked.
    Not really a surprise. My mate supports Sunderland and has said the football under him had been dreadful. 
  • Options
    I'm a bit surprised. I think he'd have got them up with time.

Sunderland's squad really isn't that good. 
  • Options
    I'm a bit surprised. I think he'd have got them up with time.

Sunderland's squad really isn't that good. 
    Yeah I do question if its another case of the Manager being blamed for squad deficiencies on the pitch!!
  • Options
    Surprised only 3 points behind us. 
  • Options
    Sad for Parkinson.
  • Options
    I liked him, but the football under him was grim.

Wonder who is the next recipient of the poison chalice that is the Sunderland manager's position?
  • Options
    He's invariably produced industrial football from limited squads. Not sure what Sunderland expected,