Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2018

A Promote has been awarded @JamesSeed

This is the CL equivalent of the George Cross

Don’t make me remove it tomorrow. You wouldn’t like me when I remove promotes...

I hope it's not because I've said it's happening tomorrow @AFKABartram :-) I haven't got a clue whether it is.

My next door neighbour (when I was much much younger) was the first man to be awarded the George Cross in 'peacetime'. And his first name was George.

I made beef and ale pie this evening, but used pre rolled pastry. I feel slightly guilty.

No fish involved at all.
  • Options

Redskin said:

There's not a single person in 800 pages who's known exactly what is going on and when - assuming it does - the club will be sold and to whom.However, everyone on this and all the other sites, and those blissfully unaware of them, will know with absolute certainty is when it is officially confirmed by the club itself.
    In the mean time carry on pissing your knickers.

Such insight

Why, thank-you.
  • Options
    I think we need a list of all the George Cross recipients.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    FFS I have just bumped into Fred Fish the world renowned comedian, famous for his seafood gags and recommended this thread and all YOU lot can talk about is an ACTUAL takeover!

Everything crossed for tomorrow, but this is Charlton and we as fans are born to suffer...
  • Options

FFS I have just bumped into Fred Fish the world renowned comedian, famous for his seafood gags and recommended this thread and all YOU lot can talk about is an ACTUAL takeover!

Everything crossed for tomorrow, but this is Charlton and we as fans are born to suffer...

I'm learning that already. And to think I could be supporting Millwall.
  • Options

If it was going to be tomorrow wouldn't the club have announced a press conference by now ?

You'd have thought so.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I've heard from my sources that it's a ''DONE DEAL''

Stay tuned!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

If it was going to be tomorrow wouldn't the club have announced a press conference by now ?

You'd have thought so.
    I must say that when Oldham were about to be taken over they issued a statement on their Twitter page that a press conference has been scheduled for something like 3/4pm. It was then announced during the conference. So we hope!!!
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

You'd have thought so.
    I must say that when Oldham were about to be taken over they issued a statement on their Twitter page that a press conference has been scheduled for something like 3/4pm. It was then announced during the conference. So we hope!!!
    They told the fans around 10am the same day that the conference was going to be later that day
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JamesSeed said:

You'd have thought so.
    They told the fans around 10am the same day that the conference was going to be later that day
    Thanks god!
  • Options
    What are the times of flight departures to Australia tomorrow?
    There must be some Sherlocks on here who want to find out.
    There is a Quantas out of Heathrow at 9.15 tomorrow evening.
    Mind you, have to check in at 7.15, and also leave a couple of hours to comfortably get to the airport.
    So need to leave the Valley at 5.15pm.
    If there is no press conference by 3pm then it may not be tomorrow.
    Pure speculation on my part.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Mind you, have to check in at 7.15, and also leave a couple of hours to comfortably get to the airport.

From what James said; Andrew Muir isnt leaving till the Weekend so might not be flying out till Saturday evening
  • Options

Stay tuned!

Intriguing.... :)
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Don’t make me remove it tomorrow. You wouldn’t like me when I remove promotes...

I hope it's not because I've said it's happening tomorrow @AFKABartram :-) I haven't got a clue whether it is.

My next door neighbour (when I was much much younger) was the first man to be awarded the George Cross in 'peacetime'. And his first name was George.

I made beef and ale pie this evening, but used pre rolled pastry. I feel slightly guilty.

No fish involved at all.
    Don't you mean, gill-ty?
  • Options

Stay tuned!

Stay tuned?...or stay Tuna'd....sounds fishy to me
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    seth plum said:

Flying out at the weekend means, to me at least, a Saturday flight.
  • Options
    FORD said:

Done...1pm announcement scheduled.

Hope your not playing with us delicate souls!
  • Options
    FORD said:

They normally call a flight 30 minutes before takeoff so his flight will be at 1.30 pm.

Wait, you don’t mean......Oh my god!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FORD said:

Please delay it to 7pm so i can be up in time to hear it. Please won't the club think of it's new antipodean target market.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    PWR the last 10 pages or so -

I've personally been dubious about the Aussies since it was reported that they were allegedly sniffing round for more investors, but in the last NS report it said "Muir is close to finalising a deal and News Shopper understands the Aussie will have full ownership of the Valley." does this mean that he (Muir) will be the out-right sole owner of the Club / Ground / Training ground and there is no consortium? Or is the report just reiterating that the Ground will be included in the sale, and when they say Muir, they actually mean the consortium, headed by Muir?
  • Options
    Airman, have you heard anything further?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

No fish involved at all.
    No James, you did - you said it unequivocally. Your very tasty recipe for steak and ale pie will not save your promote!
  • Options
    FORD said:

I bloody hope this is true!
  • Options
    Relax. Breathe. Sleep.

It might be done tomorrow. It might not. But it will be done.

Relax. Breathe. Sleep.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

PWR the last 10 pages or so -

I've personally been dubious about the Aussies since it was reported that they were allegedly sniffing round for more investors, but in the last NS report it said "Muir is close to finalising a deal and News Shopper understands the Aussie will have full ownership of the Valley." does this mean that he (Muir) will be the out-right sole owner of the Club / Ground / Training ground and there is no consortium? Or is the report just reiterating that the Ground will be included in the sale, and when they say Muir, they actually mean the consortium, headed by Muir?

Ignore. 'The Newshopper understands' mean the Newshopper's read it on CL. Smoke and mirrors chaps.
  • Options
    Krispy Kremes all round if the takeover is announced tomorrow.... ( out of the CARD leftovers I hope!)

Failing that I hear the raspberry fools are pretty good in James Seeds kitchen....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!