Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

There’s plenty better placed than me to go further in what is put out there

I am right though

New era from Monday if all is to be believed

The Arab money would’ve been an interesting ride

And now we have a different sort of project unfolding not convinced the money is there not convinced we will be fully rid of RD but we will have to wait and see

These aren't the poor 'scratching around' Aussies, these are the minted Aussies.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I am right though

And now we have a different sort of project unfolding not convinced the money is there not convinced we will be fully rid of RD but we will have to wait and see

These aren't the poor 'scratching around' Aussies, these are the minted Aussies.
    Are there any?
  • Options

I have been right on this subject from the very beginning and I am right now

Up to you to believe it or not I couldn’t give two shit chalets If you do or don’t

RM has been pivotal in this whole charade and been the blocker

The saying when you know you know

Take it from me I ain’t about to divulge eveidence I don’t need too as it is now irrelevant

Wouldn’t be the first time RM has influenced any takeover or investment or even the structure of the set up due to his own ego not wanting to give way to better beginnings

For clarity, Richard Murray blocked a takeover by a multibillion £ investor in favour of another group that have been scratching around for capital for months just to top-up his ego and get a place on the new board?

Is that what you are saying?
    Something like that
    I don't disbelieve you, but I can't understand how Murray would have the power to do so, as a non executive Chairman.
    Murray didn't own any of Charlton did he ? So his only leverage could have been to do with his £2.6M loan.
    and not even his loan gives him any leverage.
  • Options
    Can anyone confirm or deny if these Aussies are the ones who were scratching round for investment from before or, as I think has been mentioned elsewhere, if they are a whole new group? If they are a whole new separate entity, how have they done all the DD etc. in such a short time?

I fuckin hope RD ain't breaking up the assets to make it more affordable for them to take over, I'd sooner he stayed a while longer and the Club stay in one piece.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I am right though

I think you'll find that nla is totally aware of this, JS.

Seems he's been more ITK than anyone else since the start.
  • Options
    We will see I will Be very if this group have found the correct wealth to take us forward like I said above I am not convinced won’t be hard to be shown otherwise

Right now anyone is better than RD
  • Options

Am not too worried if the Arabs dont get involved.

I'm always wary when new owners come along as you can never be sure of their motives / ambition for a while - History has taught us that regardless of the Nationality, you get good eggs and bad eggs.

Owners from Asia have come along who are minted yet dont have the mindset like Man City and end up causing more trouble; Birmingham City are a perfect example of this, albeit from the Far East rather than Middle East, and could see Oxford having similar ownership issues.

If right, won't we be the first club to have Australian Owners (outside Australia) so be interesting to see how that works.

You beat me to this FA.

Another good example is the owners of Malaga in Spain. It all looked incredibly promising then they just lost interest. Portsmouth had a couple owners from the middle east I believe.

I suspect the Australians will not be as wealthy, so they will have to have more concrete ideas on how to be successful. The apparent Arab consortium may have just as good if not better ideas, but I feel like the Australian option is probably less risky going on the little we know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can anyone confirm or deny if these Aussies are the ones who were scratching round for investment from before or, as I think has been mentioned elsewhere, if they are a whole new group? If they are a whole new separate entity, how have they done all the DD etc. in such a short time?

I fuckin hope RD ain't breaking up the assets to make it more affordable for them to take over, I'd sooner he stayed a while longer and the Club stay in one piece.

He can’t break up the assets without settling the ex-directors’ loans or getting their agreement - and that hasn’t happened.
    Well that's something. Cheers AB
  • Options

I am right though

The money is there @nth london addick . Keep the faith.

COYR
    TBH, I'm not sure about trusting any Kiwis after this morning's debacle for "our lads" out there....

:-)
  • Options

I am right though

COYR
    TBH, I'm not sure about trusting any Kiwis after this morning's debacle for "our lads" out there....

Your mistake was trusting our lads.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

I am right though

I think you'll find that nla is totally aware of this, JS.

Seems he's been more ITK than anyone else since the start.
    I thought there were the original Aussie guys who wanted an ersatz Aussie academy setup, then the Scottish Muir bid, then the Aussie retail Muir who is minted and a bit of a philanthropist to boot. Or am I getting mixed up here. I think the retail Muir was featured on the cover of Voice of the Valley and @Airman Brown gave him the thumbs up? He sounds great to me.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I am right though

COYR

Your mistake was trusting our lads.
    I may have hit the big seven oh but that doesn't mean I've lost my marble.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Question for Airman.

Does Murray have any involvement in this to your knowledge?

The only thing I have heard is that they didn’t want him on the board and there was a discussion about whether he could be life president (which Maurice Hatter is). But that was some time ago.
    Does anyone else laugh every single time they see the name Maurice Hatter? No reason for it to be funny, but it just is.
    Every time I see his name, the phrase "Brown Hatter" comes to my mind.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

RedChaser said:

Oggy Red said:

JamesSeed said:

I just know @Henry Irving will win the prize on the prediction thread. The only person I know who will definitely already have a copy of the Jimmy Seed story already.
    So he’s gone for May 8th I think.

I've got an original copy of the Jimmy Seed story too.

And no, I didn't buy it in 1957.

You were still on Janet and John books then weren't you Oggster? :wink:
    haha ..... not quite, just a 2 year old; still sitting on my mum's lap, watching "Watch with Mother" :smile:

You had a telly in 1957? You must have been very posh.

"Listen with Mother" for the rest of us (from 1961)
    In fact we did, Henry. Apparently it was bought new in 1956, and I remember it to be a varnished wooden cased cube, with a small gold coloured "PYE" monogram on the top.

Right, enough of the interesting stuff. Best get back on topic speculating about nothing happening.

I always thought you were a cut above.
  • Options
    I don't know about everyone else, but this news has made me feel so, so much better. The end is finally in sight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Positivity
  • Options
    I think I made this one:

It was that bloody long ago though I can’t remember! I’ll have to think up some more for monday’s announcement (fingers crossed)
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

I am right though

Are there any?
    Rupert Murdoch.

After past 4 years of drudgery and zilch football ambition bestowed by the most incompetent fuckwits to ever haunt the English game I'd rather have football people in over silly money.

Would be great for us to have football people with silly money but they're rare as Charlton cup runs.

Hopefully Murray goes as well. He doesn't deserve any more time influencing our club after the past 4 years of overt collaboration and anti protest standpoint.

Rupert Murdoch is an American citizen.

(So at least it seems unlikely to be him).
  • Options
    I'm just relieved the end of the Roland era is seemingly upon us. Hopefully we can build for a much better future
  • Options
    Thought leader and philanthropist Andrew Muir takes a leading steak In Charlton. Why????????
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

I am right though

Are there any?
    Yes - there are plenty of extremely wealthy Aussies with the cash to buy Charlton.

However, for some reason very few of them seem keen to commit financial suicide and chuck tens of millions of pounds down the drain on a south London football club.....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!