Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

So the aussies wanted Harry Kewell as gaffer

Redhenrys mob will deliver Pep Guardiola

I know which one I’d prefer

I suspect Harry Kewell is 2+2=5

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

I hope so too.

Swisdom, what work is going on at the training ground ? (genuine question).
  • Options

Someone on Twitter reckons they have photos of the rich Aussie guy sitting at The Valley having press photos taken for an announcement this week. I smell BS or at least Fake Photos!!

Had to post them for a laugh

Looks like Rory Bremner
  • Options
    #g'daymate
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Can I just ask why everyone seems so against an Aussie takeover? In my experience when it comes to sporting success the Aussies are top dollar.

Human nature. Greed. Aussies with some money ... meh. Stupidly rich people... you instantly have half a chance of huge success assuming it's funded. Instant gratification and hope.
  • Options

Can I just ask why everyone seems so against an Aussie takeover? In my experience when it comes to sporting success the Aussies are top dollar.

Human nature. Greed. Aussies with some money ... meh. Stupidly rich people... you instantly have half a chance of huge success assuming it's funded. Instant gratification and hope.

Sadly you are right.
  • Options

Someone on Twitter reckons they have photos of the rich Aussie guy sitting at The Valley having press photos taken for an announcement this week. I smell BS or at least Fake Photos!!

Complete costume change - who does he think he is, Kylie Minogue?
    We should be so lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's Andrew Muir (but obviously fake).
  • Options

Looks like Rory Bremner
    Why not? We've had four years of someone impersonating an owner. Might as well have a few more.
  • Options
    An honest question requiring an honest answer, please.

I realise that we're all fed up to the teeth with the current "has he/hasn't he" rumour mill that inevitably brings out the gallows humour in the best of us.

And of course, we're all anxious for news of both the Takeover and the situation re Robbo.

But PLEASE does anyone have any genuine info they can share at this time or any crumbs of comfort at this worrying time for our club.

Fanny "visibly ageing by the minute" Fanackapan.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

B great if red henrys super rich lot came in and saved the day but wouldnt that mean going back a few stages time wise ??? Just can't see it myself

Care to enlighten us further @DOUCHER ?
    I thought we had established that neither of the 2 under consideration were red henrys lot - who were in the long grass - waiting like panthers - having said that, there is a compound firming at Charing Cross with people sleeping rough and along with all the essentials - card board boxes, blankets, sleeping bags, trollies etc - there is inexplicably - a large porcelain panther!!!! Is it a sign???!
    Who's we ?
  • Options

I realise that we're all fed up to the teeth with the current "has he/hasn't he" rumour mill that inevitably brings out the gallows humour in the best of us.

And of course, we're all anxious for news of both the Takeover and the situation re Robbo.

But PLEASE does anyone have any genuine info they can share at this time or any crumbs of comfort at this worrying time for our club.

Smacking of desperation!

Some people seem to be revelling in the current situation of uncertainty whilst I (and you obviously) sit here with the knives an inch from my wrists (figuratively speaking).

I'm clinging to @Redhenry's earlier post.

Surely we are due for some good luck after four years of poison??
  • Options
    I just know @Henry Irving will win the prize on the prediction thread. The only person I know who will definitely already have a copy of the Jimmy Seed story already.
    So he’s gone for May 8th I think.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

B great if red henrys super rich lot came in and saved the day but wouldnt that mean going back a few stages time wise ??? Just can't see it myself

Care to enlighten us further @DOUCHER ?
    I thought we had established that neither of the 2 under consideration were red henrys lot - who were in the long grass - waiting like panthers - having said that, there is a compound firming at Charing Cross with people sleeping rough and along with all the essentials - card board boxes, blankets, sleeping bags, trollies etc - there is inexplicably - a large porcelain panther!!!! Is it a sign???!
    Who's we ?
    Me and my imaginary friend. Maybe red henrys lot have jumped out of the long grass and teamed up with the brits - that's what one of the henrys - if they r 2 people - seem to be indicating - hope this is true, just feel the aussies, having hung about so long, are not the answer to our problems
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hush, sweet Fanny, I always think you look younger whenever I see you :wink:
  • Options
    The porcelain panther has made its move - its gone!!! Admittedly it was surrounded by sleeping bags, cases and boxes, not long grass, but it's gone!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Never mind lol seen it now
  • Options

انه يحدث

Is that Arabic for "no more bacon in the vols-au-vent"?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

انه يحدث

Is that Arabic for "no more bacon in the vols-au-vent"?
    Just says it happens
  • Options
    Anything being written in the Australian press regarding this or has it all gone quiet there too ?
  • Options
    Ozzy army!
  • Options

Ozzy army!

?

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

I just know @Henry Irving will win the prize on the prediction thread. The only person I know who will definitely already have a copy of the Jimmy Seed story already.
    So he’s gone for May 8th I think.

I've got an original copy of the Jimmy Seed story too.

And no, I didn't buy it in 1957.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!