Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Bite sized thread reappears after five month absence.

ITK Admin about to break some big news
    Is it about a Millwall ticket being available?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

? Where is the bite size thread.
  • Options
    Done deal or imminent? 
  • Options
    2027 BC, Nothing happened.

• Options
    2027: The Sale of Charton  thread celebrates its 10th year. @Henry Irving  given a standing ovation (well, those that can stand do). 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Which end do you want? 😂 

sorry😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2027: The Sale of Charton  thread celebrates its 10th year. @Henry Irving  given a standing ovation (well, those that can stand do). 
    Muir and Murphy have long since moved on, and have the spent the previous 3 years trying to finalise their consortium's takeover of The Dog and Duck Over 45 team.
  • Options
    Muir is obviously sending some sort of message by attending!  Has to still be interested or why be there?!  Maybe because of all the issues with investors pulling out he is thinking of going solo. 🤞
    Would be very happy with this rather than a consortium all day long.
  • Options
    Muir is obviously sending some sort of message by attending!  Has to still be interested or why be there?!  Maybe because of all the issues with investors pulling out he is thinking of going solo. 🤞
    Maybe, after seeing us a few times, he just likes going to the games when he’s in London. Stranger things have happened. 
  • Options
    If I had to guess, he’s wanting to show fans he’s still about and getting them to ramp up the pressure on his behalf by protesting.
  • Options
    I reckon he’s going to become a co owner with RD. 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    I know you all wanted to see it!

I don't proclaim to be an expert, but you only ever seem to refer to this item in the in the singular @Curb_It.  I think you may have a pair there!   Pass the openers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    If I had to guess, he’s wanting to show fans he’s still about and getting them to ramp up the pressure on his behalf by protesting.
    Seems he was there to meet another interested party. Muir has previously been willing to join up with other potential buyers, so that makes sense.
    Airman, what is so great about our club, that a potential buyer spends near on a couple of years hanging around trying to buy it, when his bids are continually rejected, I can understand it if we had shareholders like the Arsenals of the football world, but it just seems so daft to me, why not move on and try another club, Henry seemed to hint last nite that something was about to break, have you wind of anything about it being good news for us and the club?.
  • Options
    All the fun for half the cost. 

Plus for any new party, all the up front work has been done and the costs have been paid. 

Got it a bottle of fizz yesterday so I’m ready.

Can’t beat real ale.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Plus for any new party, all the up front work has been done and the costs have been paid. 

Can’t beat real ale.
    Tell the truth - it's a Pepsi
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Mal said:
    T_C_E said:
    Seems he was there to meet another interested party. Muir has previously been willing to join up with other potential buyers, so that makes sense.
    Airman, what is so great about our club, that a potential buyer spends near on a couple of years hanging around trying to buy it, when his bids are continually rejected, I can understand it if we had shareholders like the Arsenals of the football world, but it just seems so daft to me, why not move on and try another club, Henry seemed to hint last nite that something was about to break, have you wind of anything about it being good news for us and the club?.
    I don’t think it’s as simple as that. My understanding is that Muir wants to buy a stake in the club; he hasn’t wanted to buy all of it. So he has been part of a shifting coalition of others and the fault has not always been with RD.

The problem is that whenever any entity gets close to buying the club they have been unable to reach a conclusion, whether because they don’t, when it comes to it, have all the money, the price changes or the club is unwilling or unable to satisfy the requirements of the buyer in terms of disclosure. All or any of these might be true at any one time.

I’m not aware Andrew Muir’s position has ever changed, but of course I only have a fraction of the picture. I guess his tenacity is linked to his frustration, but who knows?

• Options
    Mal said:
    T_C_E said:
    I don’t think it’s as simple as that. My understanding is that Muir wants to buy a stake in the club; he hasn’t wanted to buy all of it. So he has been part of a shifting coalition of others and the fault has not always been with RD.

The problem is that whenever any entity gets close to buying the club they have been unable to reach a conclusion, whether because they don’t, when it comes to it, have all the money, the price changes or the club is unwilling or unable to satisfy the requirements of the buyer in terms of disclosure. All or any of these might be true at any one time.

I’m not aware Andrew Muir’s position has ever changed, but of course I only have a fraction of the picture. I guess his tenacity is linked to his frustration, but who knows?

Thanks for the reply, on a lighter note, if this carries on much longer, it's longeivity will be second only to Coronation St.
  • Options
    Mal said:
    Redrobo said:

Can’t beat real ale.
    Tell the truth - it's a Pepsi
    Haven’t had a Pepsi in yonks. Much better than Coca Cola.
  • Options
    Yes @Raith_C_Chattonell I realised my error yesterday... but ahem honestly last night I was referring to singular, a bottle opener!  

Really sorry everyone that picture has come out a lot bigger than I expected or meant.  
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    I know you all wanted to see it!

The advances they have made with sex toys in recent years is amazing.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!