Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    1923, Howard Carter unseals the tomb of Tutankhamun.

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Nine days to go until the new deadline.
    Five days to go.
  • Options
    RD gambling on LB working his magic to get us up to the prem?
    At which point the asking price goes up to an amount such that only Amazon could afford to buy us. 

It (will be) happening.......maybe
  • Options
    Only a few more days to wait...
    ...It’s happening!
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Only a few more days to wait...
    ...It’s happening!

Yes 1st August we will see what these Aussies are made of
  • Options
    What is de truck up 2 nowadays?
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    In Belgium, well out of the way, I assume
  • Options
    Well he is supposed to be selling the cloob and providing an update which he said he would. It is documented that if the club is not sold by start of season a Fans Forum will be arranged. 
  • Options
    ... which doubtless he will be too busy to attend?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Newcastle just spent £40m on a striker but we wouldn’t want mike Ashley would we? 🙄
    Ashley spent £10 mil - they got 30mil for Perez.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Have to say, the silence is deafening! 
    Could it be that something is actually happening?
    far too much information has been leaked in the past! 
    Hoping silence is a good sign!
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    I wish we could go back to the old days, when people like @BDL came on here and only shared, important, factual and very relevant information.  

BDL said:
    Fuck off, I've had a liquid lunch and I'm pissed. Hayes you utter Thunder, had hoped it had all gone under the radar. Addicted, fuck off. (still love you though) And I can assure you all that the info I was told came from a completely different source from Airman. So there. As for Fanny's hot pants. I nearly had a heart attack at the thought. Right, I'm off to sober up.

Oh christ, how I forgot about that!
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    BDL said:
    Chizz said:
    I wish we could go back to the old days, when people like @BDL came on here and only shared, important, factual and very relevant information.  

BDL said:
    Fuck off, I've had a liquid lunch and I'm pissed. Hayes you utter Thunder, had hoped it had all gone under the radar. Addicted, fuck off. (still love you though) And I can assure you all that the info I was told came from a completely different source from Airman. So there. As for Fanny's hot pants. I nearly had a heart attack at the thought. Right, I'm off to sober up.

Oh christ, how I forgot about that!
    I used to like the 'Ask BDL' thread but I think he got a bit naffed off with it and I'm still waiting for about ten replies  ;)
  • Options
    1923, Howard Carter unseals the tomb of Tutankhamun.

and he found a Belgian tycoon with duck tape wrapped around his body.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Comparing contracts of employment with our tone. 
    Neither can believe they are still employed.......
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Newcastle just spent £40m on a striker but we wouldn’t want mike Ashley would we? 🙄
    Reinvesting sale proceeds into the business. What a wonderful idea!! Wonder why RD doesn’t do that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Mrkinski said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Reinvesting sale proceeds into the business. What a wonderful idea!! Wonder why RD doesn’t do that
    He probably does in the business's that he cares for, that is why he is so rich. We are just a toy that he plays with when he is bored.

RD is going nowhere in a hurry.  
  • Options
    Mike Ashley would be great for us as an owner, Newcastle fans are totally deluded although I do get their gripes over Steve Bruce, mind you who would want to follow Benitez.

Said it once I shall say it again, amongst the mix going on with us Ashely is involved somewhere.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Trouble for Newcastle is the fact that it seems they're finding it harder and harder to attract any big names these days

e.g. Whilst its a lovely area its probably not to the lure that Manchester or London have so players no doubt prefer to go elsewhere, could argue its partly down to why Football in the North East is struggling at the moment, what with Hartlepool dropping out of the Football League and Gateshead having their financial issues of late

Of course letting Rafa Benitez walk and replacing him with Steve Bruce (apparently 11th choice anyway) is never going to help matters but they've got a good squad up there and if anything needed to focus on signing a Striker this summer which Ashley has gone and done
  • Options
    Ashley would be a monumental owner for a medium / small sized club like Charlton because I have no doubt he would spend enough to get us to the Premier League. On the other hand the money involved in getting a medium / big sized club like Newcastle back challenging the mega rich PL elite is massive and as previously noted Newcastle fans expectations are at best unrealistic. 

Do I think Mike Ashley will be Charltons owner ? Not in a million years.
  • Options
    Ashley would be a monumental owner for a medium / small sized club like Charlton because I have no doubt he would spend enough to get us to the Premier League. On the other hand the money involved in getting a medium / big sized club like Newcastle back challenging the mega rich PL elite is massive and as previously noted Newcastle fans expectations are at best unrealistic. 

Watch this space ;)
  • Options

Watch this space ;)
    We have been. For about a year at least. And nobody has come up with a single good reason why Ashley, even if he wanted to buy another club, would choose Charlton. Especially when it is widely reported that 70-80% of Championship clubs are effectively for sale.
  • Options
    **************The Sportsdirect Valley******************
    I'll just leave that here. ;)
  • Options
    Not just Ashley, but the Aussies, Dalman, Red Bull, Some Chinese and your lot
  • Options

Watch this space ;)
    We have been. For about a year at least. And nobody has come up with a single good reason why Ashley, even if he wanted to buy another club, would choose Charlton. Especially when it is widely reported that 70-80% of Championship clubs are effectively for sale.
    What’s the latest on BexleyBoy’s consortium? 
  • Options
    This thread has slowed down in recent days..... So it's not happening, is it?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!