Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    We’ve bought Bonne from Orient for £200k apparently. I assume a player sale is in the pipeline then. 
    Not Confirmed. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    _MrDick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Just wondering what is the very last day when new owners could buy the club allowing a decent amount of time to make new signings? I’m guessing 28th June? 

Fixtures released on 20th June. 
    Season starts on 3rd Aug (with a live game on the 2nd).
    So we’ve got six weeks to gear up for the new season, including recruitment etc.

Not sure when pre-season training and tour start but it must be in a couple of weeks time? And I feel you need to hit the ground running in the Championship. Remember our poor start last season? All very well in League One, but could be very damaging in the second tier. 

Had some inconclusive news from the Aussies this morning.  It doesn’t leave me feeling particularly positive if I’m honest, but hopefully there’ll be an update later.
    In that case, could they be losing out Mehmet Dalman?
    That would depend on where MD is in negotiations. Or if he’s still interested. I’m not writing the Aussies off btw. 
    I am
    Loads of people wrote them off ages ago, which is totally understandable. 
    Mend my broken heart James and tell me its all sorted and they will be in there by next Monday.

If not, then not too sure where we will go from here.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    We’ve bought Bonne from Orient for £200k apparently. I assume a player sale is in the pipeline then. 
    Not Confirmed. 
    confirmed
  • Options
    Corrected. Confirmed. 
  • Options
    Is it foolish of me to think getting the Bonne deal over the line after being “on the cards for a while” is a sign things have happened in the takeover front??
  • Options
    1750, Westminster Bridge is officially opened.
  • Options
    1750 pages.

The big 2000 on the horizon
    I posted ages back that it would be fate that the takeover would be announced when we hit page 1905. That was meant to be a joke but now looks like I woefully underestimated!
  • Options
    1750 pages.

I posted ages back that it would be fate that the takeover would be announced when we hit page 1905. That was meant to be a joke but now looks like I woefully underestimated!
    Once we go over page 2019; is it then a case of predicting the future year by year?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1905 said:
    1750 pages.

Once we go over page 2019; is it then a case of predicting the future year by year?
    World cups, Olympics, G20 meetings, etc etc
  • Options
    I knew I’d be the first with the big news. 

Orient say Bonne gone. Addicks say bonjour to bon Bonne, bought for a song. (I’ll get me coat).
  • Options
    He's here, he's there, he's every f&%$&%$ where Lee Bowyer Lee Bowyer.
  • Options
    irudd123 said:
    When do you think the Bonne photo with Bowyer was taken? Friday? I assume LB is indeed still fishing and not back in town. 
    He's on his own in the photo.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    irudd123 said:
    When do you think the Bonne photo with Bowyer was taken? Friday? I assume LB is indeed still fishing and not back in town. 
    No he's not 
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    irudd123 said:
    Theres a photo of him with Bowyer. LB wearing a blue shirt.
  • Options
    This photo:

• Options
    Crusty54 said:
    irudd123 said:
    No. There is a Valley pic of the two together. 
  • Options
    Photo taken today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    Photo taken today.
     Believe it was taken last Tuesday.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Photo taken today.
    and released today to bury bad news?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Sage said:
    Photo taken today.
    How comes its announced today? do they wait for something before the can publish? does this happen often with signings? 

Curious has have heard we have signed 3 players but dont understand why not been announced? 
  • Options
    Bubble said:
    Lockyer must be really tempted by an offer of £1500pw, providing he washes his own kit.

• Options
    That standard article says RD offered LB a contract comparable with lower league one. If true he really should be ashamed 
  • Options
    Mal said:
    Some of the laziest journalism I have ever seen.
  • Options
    :-(

• Options
    Must have been last week as the interview on pitch was with Olly Groom and he’s been on holiday last few days and still is.
    A bit sad (part of my job) but I can see that the photo was taken on the 11th June at 1.18 pm.....I must get out more ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!