Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    I see the raising funds bit, as assessing the future costs of owning us and as an effort to negotiate a better deal with the Belgian one.
  • Options

One would hope that , if there is a takeover, then messrs Meire,Keohane will all be given the heave-ho, along with Robinson.

'Their mission makes no secret of the fact that the UK club acquired will have an Australian feel to it and a strong presence in the UK and in Australia, using Australian sporting practice – science, psychology, management techniques and high performance culture – in the process.'

I think we can assume that they will!
  • Options

I'll check this thread again when it's on page 100

How will you know it's on page 100 without checking?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2017

Wouldn't surprise me that The Valley is included but Roland defers some of the price until such time as we reach the PL or until a set date in the future where they have to cough up.

I think the idea that The Valley is retained as security against a later payment makes a lot of sense, but of course that doesn't mean it's what he's doing.
    Agreed, the deal could be structured with a vendor loan note, possibly with the Valley as security. This would mean that part of the current shareholder loan from Staprix (hopefully only part, and a relatively small one at that) would remain on the books as owed to RD. Repayment would either be at a defined future date or, similar to the loans from Murray and co, contingent on a future event. If the latter, this could also be structured to rank before the Murray loan (either an event happening earlier, e.g. promotion back to the Championship or after a set period of time e.g. 2-3 years) or otherwise by reaching a separate agreement with Murray. Or he could roll his claim into a similar agreement to Murray whereby all the former investors get their cut only when (if) the promised land is reached.

Whilst RD would be retaining a financial interest, this sort of structure seems hugely preferable to a full legal separation of football club and the Valley. In this scenario, the actual price (enterprise value) could turn out to be much higher than £20m for RD and he would get his return - if the football club is finally successful.

All speculation of course, just putting some structuring scenarios out there!
  • Options

One would hope that , if there is a takeover, then messrs Meire,Keohane will all be given the heave-ho, along with Robinson.

TK would want to keep his job and will probably fall under TUPE?
  • Options
    The value of Staprix's loans far exceed what might be raised in a liquidation sale of Charlton's assets. I don't see the logic of Staprix forcing Charlton into administration.
  • Options
    I don't understand why people think Charlton's loans from Staprix will be written off by this deal. Unless the purchase price rises to £60-70 million.
  • Options
    This just proves that protests should continue!
    Don't let this news distract from protests and what we want to do!
  • Options

I don't understand why people think Charlton's loans from Staprix will be written off by this deal. Unless the purchase price rises to £60-70 million.

Because the club has a value and the loans become irrelevant if they far exceed the value!
  • Options

Because the club has a value and the loans become irrelevant if they far exceed the value!
    Really!?!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Just days ago at the Valley Gold meeting the finance officer, CEO and PR man painted an entirely different picture.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Really!?!
    Yes, a buyer will only pay what the club is worth, not how much money you have blown on it over the years!
  • Options
    I suppose it depends on the terms of the lease. If the plan has been costed, they may see it as a priority to have those funds in place. You can also build in an option to buy at a fair price.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Makes me wonder if Duchatelet has been talking to Ron Noades...

Come what may, Duchatelet is going to lose a lot of money on this sale. I wonder if the stubborn fool now regrets not listening to the Varney consortium offer that Meire seemed to block? Any chance that that deal can be resurrected?
  • Options

Come what may, Duchatelet is going to lose a lot of money on this sale. I wonder if the stubborn fool now regrets not listening to the Varney consortium offer that Meire seemed to block? Any chance that that deal can be resurrected?

I don't think they even got as far as speaking to Duchatelet as his PA Meire stopped it getting it that far.
  • Options

I don't think they even got as far as speaking to Duchatelet as his PA Meire stopped it getting it that far.
    It was probably more Murray than Meire who stopped it in its tracks.
  • Options

Really!?!
    Yes, a buyer will only pay what the club is worth, not how much money you have blown on it over the years!
    Why does the club still owe £7 million? to Richard Murray and other directors? Because they did not 'blow' the money on Charlton....they lent it. How is the debt to Staprix different?
  • Options
    Gonna struggle to speak to Noades unfortunately
  • Options

Ron Noades is dead. So unless there is an afterlife and Roland is dead too or Roland is a kind of resurrected Doris Stokes, that seems unlikely. :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!