Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Whatever happened to the splitter bite size thread?

Like most things on here, I start with an idea then just can’t manage the time to sustain them :-(
    Only 900 pages to summarize!
  • RedChaser said:

Whatever happened to the splitter bite size thread?

Good question, that bloke from the museum used to do a decent précis once upon a time :wink: .
    I'll ask if he can do another on 1 Feb
  • 900-page summary;
    Nothing has happened.
    Roland is to put the club on eBay (he’s just waiting for one of those “£1 maximum selling fee” offers to hit his yellow-toothed-inbox)
  • Zzzzzzzz

Zaire backed takeover rumour from Valley27000.

Anyone know of any rich people from Zaire?

Zaire used to be the Belgian Congo so the link to Duchatelet is there.
  • Zzzzzzzz

Not another takeover rumour - pleeeeeeze!

• Zzzzzzzz

It’s happening!
  • Whatever happened to the splitter bite size thread?

Like most things on here, I start with an idea then just can’t manage the time to sustain them :-(
    Like @Cables training
  • White knows he’s been played, not mentioned a thing in last two weeks
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave2l said:

J BLOCK said:

White knows he’s been played, not mentioned a thing in last two weeks

I doubt Charlton athletic football club is something that he thinks about for most of the time.

He is not a Charlton fan.

I think we should just appreciate someone giving a sh*t about us for once.

He is just a reporter.
    He does not give a flying about us. We were another story for him.

Tbf though he did go the extra mile with the story.
  • cafcwill said:

... but I don't see it happening until the summer at the earliest.

Oh well

Yup, as I’ve been predicting for some time.
  • I was told by someone from the club after the match that things were very close to "getting better" ie once the window closes.

Haven't got my head around why the prospective owners would wait until then but I have no reason to disbelieve that information.

Didn’t know Jim White worked for the Club now
  • I was told by someone from the club after the match that things were very close to "getting better" ie once the window closes.

Haven't got my head around why the prospective owners would wait until then but I have no reason to disbelieve that information.

If that is true it suggests they don't have much money and are looking to avoid spending any.
  • cfgs said:

I was told by someone from the club after the match that things were very close to "getting better" ie once the window closes.

If that is true it suggests they don't have much money and are looking to avoid spending any.
    Think others might have a different perspective....or maybe not ?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    Certainly it would be in the interests of the club to appear to still be cash strapped whilst in negotiations. Say for example that the club is all but sold, and the new owners say to Duchatelet to add any purchases onto the sale price and let the market think we are still owned by a tight-fisted duct taper.

edited for spelling and clarity.
  • Chizz said:

I was told by someone from the club after the match that things were very close to "getting better" ie once the window closes.

Thank you for sharing the snippet of information you gleaned.

Sorry that it appears that some people like to steam in with a two-footed challenge on the messenger.
    They may have meant that the chip portion was increasing as of Feb 1st.

• Fanny is married to Roland ??
  • cfgs said:

Think others might have a different perspective....or maybe not ?
    I wasn't having a go, just sounds odd. Hope our rescuers are more than imminent.
  • Thanks for sharing @Fanny Fanackapan it is a 'glimmer' of hope. I also tend to agree with @KiwiValley and their synopsis. If, and yes I know its a big IF, it could be the new owners (whoever they are) are discussing with RD about outgoing/incoming players without showing their hand. That way those players we may be after wont have their price increased because they know we have new owners, then once Friday 1st Feb arrives the takeover happens and we have not paid over the odds? All just supposition, but stranger things have happened in football!! The first 'acid' test will be before Friday however, if Grant goes who do we get in, a young unproven on loan striker from a championship/lower prem side, or a proven striker with experience who would be a great strike partner to Taylor. If its the latter then perhaps New owners are in the offing (i.e decent money spent from Grants sale fee), if the former, then its RD pulling the purse strings still and playing his normal game. Next few days will be interesting, because whichever way the Grant replacement(s) fall, LB will want someone in tomorrow/Tuesday so they can fit in with the way we play.
  • #teamWIOTOS but interesting news from Fanny.

Roland is irrational so trying to work out the logic in his decisions is almost impossible.

Maja and Potts left Sunderland and Barnsley and Jones Luton so Grant's predicted departure (not yet on OS) could be seen as just normal business.

Asset out of contract sold so cash could be reinvested = difficult but necessary decision.

Or it is Duchatelet short sightedness. IF Grant goes then the quality of the replacements for him and Ajose will tell us a lot.

• from Fanny's source could it be that the purchaser has agreed with RD that the playing budget stays as is and Bowyer has the control as long as he stays in budget, that would square with not revealing a new owner and have purchase prices rise and sale prices decrease - make sense and is a thought that will warm the cockles of heart for at least the next hour.
  • Thanks for sharing @Fanny Fanackapan it is a 'glimmer' of hope. I also tend to agree with @KiwiValley and their synopsis. If, and yes I know its a big IF, it could be the new owners (whoever they are) are discussing with RD about outgoing/incoming players without showing their hand. That way those players we may be after wont have their price increased because they know we have new owners, then once Friday 1st Feb arrives the takeover happens and we have not paid over the odds? All just supposition, but stranger things have happened in football!! The first 'acid' test will be before Friday however, if Grant goes who do we get in, a young unproven on loan striker from a championship/lower prem side, or a proven striker with experience who would be a great strike partner to Taylor. If its the latter then perhaps New owners are in the offing (i.e decent money spent from Grants sale fee), if the former, then its RD pulling the purse strings still and playing his normal game. Next few days will be interesting, because whichever way the Grant replacement(s) fall, LB will want someone in tomorrow/Tuesday so they can fit in with the way we play.

Don't understand how new owner would invest in permanent incomings, but do nothing to secure any of the out of contract players. They will have no involvement while RD owns the club.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!