Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Did anyone ask why if RD is so keen to sell have they stuck with the AA bid for so long instead of jogging them on and finding an alternative even if it was for a lower (more sensible) amount?
  • So it's RDs priority to sell, but two groups have been trying to complete a deal since at least the start of this year. One of those groups was first linked with us nearly two years ago, and their project started at least three years ago (going off their website).
  • The group shown around was an Aussie ‘Aussie’
  • Just left the meeting.

I was standing in for @killerjerrylee as Bromley Addicks rep.

Some interesting snippets but no huge revaluations.

More later as now driving home.

Sounds totally underwhelming....as always.
    There's nothing worse than underwhelming fanny.
  • Just left the meeting.

I was standing in for @killerjerrylee as Bromley Addicks rep.

Some interesting snippets but no huge revaluations.

More later as now driving home.

Sounds totally underwhelming....as always.
    There's nothing worse than underwhelming fanny.
    Well, it's definitely not a tingley one tonight.
  • So part three

Lady Irving called me for supper you impatient lot.

So group one is the Aussie Americans (AA)

LDT was in the conference call mentioned by JW.

LDT said he is in regular contact so this is not exceptional.

LTD said that the "complexity has been reduced". When pushed on what this meant he said "fewer decision makers".

There is no split of ownership ie of ground v club with AA, they will all have shares.

AA have not submitted all the EFL paperwork. This includes financial and non financial paperwork.

There are no "due dates" IE deadlines to complete.

AA have "submitted proof of funds sometime ago"

LDT was asked more than once and stressed that the AA have the money and that money is not the issue. He wouldn't say what is the issue.

I stress here that I'm reporting what was said not necessarily agreeing with or endorsing it.

So what's the delay?
  • barstool said:

The AA offer clearly hasn’t been accepted by RD

LDT says it has "price agreed"
    Price agreed but has it been met?
  • Sponsored links:

• #
    PopIcon said:

Part 5

The £70+m

Me - did you quote a price of over £70m to a buyer at short notice.

LDT "I haven't signed an NDA" ( My personal view - OK English isn't his first language but this made no sense. If he hasn't signed an NDA he can comment)

Me - but did you tell a potential buyer the price was over £70m three hours before a meeting having previously agreed a lower price.

LDT "That is a rumour, i can't comment on rumours"

I pushed him on this a few times and he finally said that no, this hadn't happened but he, IMHO squirmed a bit and didn't deny it straight away despite saying he was aware of the "rumour". He did finally say it hadn't happened or anything similar had happened.

Good work. That is a lie.
    Your credibility has already gone mate, so you can pack that in right now..
    Where's the ?? button when you need it?
  • Thanks Henry much appreciated.

You're welcome
  • I am retiring to my drawing room. I will pour my self a large single malt, a splash of soda. I will then hope that this whole sorry saga ends soon!

Fancy polluting a hopefully decent large single malt with soda.

I will pour myself a large brandy, don my smoking jacket and retire to the smoking room.

The drawing room is unfortunately full of protest gear.
    I'm cracking open a pot noodle
    Microwaved?
  • edited January 2019
    Just read part 6.

I should have waited for that before posting.

Good job Henry,

"They want to restore the relationship with the fans, I have told them that one of the first things they need to tell the fans when they takeover is why it took so long" LDT

That statement would tell me Aussies are most likely, I think the questions Henry asked in some way may well put more pressure in terms of communication to Roland.

Even LDT will know he cant keep giving us the same awnsers no matter what the context, it isn't good enough

If the hold up is the Aussies, then it will be interesting to see what they say IF the TO is completed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah thanks Henners.
  • What flavour?
  • Part 5

The £70+m

Me - did you quote a price of over £70m to a buyer at short notice.

LDT "I haven't signed an NDA" ( My personal view - OK English isn't his first language but this made no sense. If he hasn't signed an NDA he can comment)

Me - but did you tell a potential buyer the price was over £70m three hours before a meeting having previously agreed a lower price.

LDT "That is a rumour, i can't comment on rumours"

I pushed him on this a few times and he finally said that no, this hadn't happened but he, IMHO squirmed a bit and didn't deny it straight away despite saying he was aware of the "rumour". He did finally say it hadn't happened or anything similar had happened.

Then he has lied, and hopefully on record, answering no is a straight up fib
  • edited January 2019
    Cheers for the reports Ben
  • cafcwill said:

Thank you @Henry Irving for the report. Also that you for making LDT squirm a little.

Ditto mate.

But I still err on the side of bullshit when it comes to RD and his cronies...
  • So no one knows what the exact reason is for the deal not being completed???

2 parties agreed price and want to complete deal. But they are all counting their pennies?
  • I am retiring to my drawing room. I will pour my self a large single malt, a splash of soda. I will then hope that this whole sorry saga ends soon!

Fancy polluting a hopefully decent large single malt with soda.

I will pour myself a large brandy, don my smoking jacket and retire to the smoking room.

The drawing room is unfortunately full of protest gear.
    I'm donning my flannelette nightie, bed socks & Wee Willie Winky type sleeping cap , making a mug of Horlicks and retiring to my side of the double bed, where I'll be clinging to the edge c/o one splayed out, warm, hairy lump called Jasper....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!