Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    My faith in @Scoham is restored.

Should never have doubted.
  • Options

Surely we're offering new contracts to the likes of Lapslie, Grant and Aribo?

I believe we are.
    The question is will they sign them.
    I believe what division we are in next season will be crucial
    And how much we offer.

The rumour was that some players had been offered deals only for them to then be withdrawn and replaced by a lower offer.

Hence Aribo, Fosu and Bauer not re-signed.
    Scary ain't it.
    I fear for our future all the time Shitweasel owns us.
    You are right to. If we don't get promotion this year and Shitweasel is still in charge dark days lie ahead.

• Options

Oxford commentators on iFollow suggested Taylor wouldn’t be with us much longer......cheeky fuckers!

They are right. He is Championship quality the way he is playing right now. It’s up to us to get promoted this year so he stays put. Otherwise I wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave next summer.
    Short odds that the loathsome twunt will accept any offer for any player that nets him a cash inflow. Taylor is the highest profile performer at the club. Offers for him can only be expected. The twunt believes all players are interchangeable, ergo if Taylor is dispatched it follows that Ajose or Igor would step up. If the money works, he'll flog him without a moment's hesitation. If that offer arrives between now and the end of January, it'll happen then. FWIW Taylor seems to have more about him than many but as we've been reminded so often, players don't often get much of a say in these matters. Better for Charlton's season as a whole would be KT being injured/suspended throughout the next transfer window. In the unlikely event that LB has a bigger or more balanced squad to choose from in February, compared to now, it will only be as a result of the sale of quality/valuable players replaced by makeweights/much cheaper bodies.
    What's life expectancy in Belgium for septuagenarian multi-millionaires?
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Dont see Solly as the type to leave now anyway... Not just because of the medical issues

See him being a one club man

He's only staying because Mendez named his cat after him
    I thought his cat was called Eddie in homage to the Eagles?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Meanwhile, the Melexis share price, which hit an all-time high of 92.20 euros in the summer, is now 52.80 euros, a loss of nearly 43% to that part of RD's fortune in 4 months. Makes you feel sad for the old scrote, doesn't it?

I think we should have a whip round.

Straw clutching but maybe this might the old git rethink his asking price.
  • Options
    So was the Aussie bid actually an "offer" at all?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

So was the Aussie bid actually an "offer" at all?

What are your definitions of "bid" and "offer"?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

What Jim is saying, under the Twitter name of his grandfather Jimmy Seed, is John's article, tweeted by Rick, which says Andy claimed his link with the consortium is erroneous, is erroneous itself, probably based on what Jim heard from Gerry. Is that clear? :smile:

Is his grandfather the late Jimmy Seed? You'd never have guessed it!
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

TelMc32 said:

Meanwhile, the Melexis share price, which hit an all-time high of 92.20 euros in the summer, is now 52.80 euros, a loss of nearly 43% to that part of RD's fortune in 4 months. Makes you feel sad for the old scrote, doesn't it?

Sorry to rain on this one. Melexis paid out a €1.30 dividend yesterday. From memory, Duchatelet owns Xtrion NV, which has 53.58% of Melexis (21,644,399 shares).

He therefore received €28,137,718.70 into his grubby little paws yesterday. I think we can hold off on the whip round!!!
    Sweet, imagine the players he’ll sign for us in January.....

Edit: sorry totally forgot about the m.o. of the yellow toothed shoe pikey for a minute there...
    Just think...only two dividends and he can afford to buy us!!! :wink:
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    TelMc32 said:

Fumbluff said:

TelMc32 said:

Sorry to rain on this one. Melexis paid out a €1.30 dividend yesterday. From memory, Duchatelet owns Xtrion NV, which has 53.58% of Melexis (21,644,399 shares).

He therefore received €28,137,718.70 into his grubby little paws yesterday. I think we can hold off on the whip round!!!

Edit: sorry totally forgot about the m.o. of the yellow toothed shoe pikey for a minute there...
    @NapaAddick says three.....

*for clarity for any snowflake/gammon/soufflé reading this, this was a joke :wink:
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

TelMc32 said:

Fumbluff said:

TelMc32 said:

*for clarity for any snowflake/gammon/soufflé reading this, this was a joke :wink:
    Oi, I'm deeply offended by the soufflé comment. Plus I really fancy eating one now.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mrkinski said:

Fumbluff said:

TelMc32 said:

Fumbluff said:

TelMc32 said:

Oi, I'm deeply offended by the soufflé comment. Plus I really fancy eating one now.

Speak to Rolund, he’s been trying to flog a shit soufflé for about a year now....
  • Options
    We still need some clarity to Airman’s revelation that Muir has denied involvement in an interview with the Australian press. Personally I’m convinced it will never happen. Something was never right with it. Gone on far too long for anything to come of it now. As for five parties in the frame. What a load of bull.
  • Options
    I've had it up to here with the alleged Aussie take-over, which must be celebrating its first birthday soon. Jarndyce and Jarndyce all over again.
  • Options
    April 2017 so 18 months now.

But while they haven't closed a deal neither has any other group.

If the EFL is to be believed no one else has even got to the fit and proper stage.

So while we can moan about the Aussies they have never had exclusivity so what has, and still is, stopping all these other groups closing a deal?
  • Options

I've had it up to here with the alleged Aussie take-over, which must be celebrating its first birthday soon. Jarndyce and Jarndyce all over again.

Womack & Womack
  • Options
    2 more weeks.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Never mentioned this before. I felt it was stirring the pot and wouldn’t help. I was at a wedding in Portugal on May 31st. Met an Aussie who was an ‘associate’ of Muir , but not a friend or close friend. I told him about the sale, and the fact it was about to happen. He had never heard of Charlton, but after discussing with me for 10 minutes he assured me the deal would never come off. No real specific reason. He just said a 3rd tier English club would never be of interest and he was adamant Muir would either pull out or it was fake news. Don’t know if he was right through knowledge, or just a lucky guess. I will say, he was adamant.

He might not know much about football but he could write a decent song!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    masicat said:

Never mentioned this before. I felt it was stirring the pot and wouldn’t help. I was at a wedding in Portugal on May 31st. Met an Aussie who was an ‘associate’ of Muir , but not a friend or close friend. I told him about the sale, and the fact it was about to happen. He had never heard of Charlton, but after discussing with me for 10 minutes he assured me the deal would never come off. No real specific reason. He just said a 3rd tier English club would never be of interest and he was adamant Muir would either pull out or it was fake news. Don’t know if he was right through knowledge, or just a lucky guess. I will say, he was adamant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p__WmyAE3g
  • Options

April 2017 so 18 months now.

But while they haven't closed a deal neither has any other group.

If the EFL is to be believed no one else has even got to the fit and proper stage.

So while we can moan about the Aussies they have never had exclusivity so what has, and still is, stopping all these other groups closing a deal?
    Money Money Money
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!