Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

DOUCHER said:

Are we back to stage 1 again? I need @DOUCHER to confirm any DD.

Doucher will be on here soon enough, to confirm that he knew all about the new interested "party" and he definitely knew all about it before anyone else. He couldn't say anything because .........
    Nope - all news to me but one thing I can guarantee is that anything of any significance does happen, I will be the first to know so I'm afraid it is situation ongoing - put the it's happening gifs on ice for now
    Actually couldn't have hoped for a better response than that. Bravo!

Hook well and truly baited.

So, no evidence exists of a rival bid, then.

Something usually trickles down to a number of those here with contacts around the club, but instead we have silence.

Does anyone have that tumbleweed GIF?

Well Airman has confirmed a new group are in due diligence. That’s pretty significant.

I hope the new group info is true - a takeover is far more important than me being the first to know about it. However, if it is true, when it gets to a stage where something is actually happening, I'll be sure to let you know. Feels a bit de ja vu to me. Hope I'm wrong.

• Options
    I stand corrected. However, I find it strange that no-one has any clues as to who these rival bidders could be.

Hopefully information will start to leak out. Like everyone else, I'm desperate for the shitweasel to be gone and the way the Aussie bid appears to have ground to a shuddering halt has been quite depressing. Please don't let us be shitweaseled for the rest of this season.... :(
  • Options
    Uboat said:

CafcSCP said:

If it’s a Varney introduction then I’d have a lot more faith in this one than the Australian bid.
    Varney won’t sell us down the river with a load of wasters.

I might be wrong (I’m sure someone will correct me) but Varney introduced and brokered the Spiv (Jimenez / Slater) consortium to the Club.

I think he was also keen for Gold and Sullivan to buy us.
    Would that have been such a bad thing ?
  • Options

I stand corrected. However, I find it strange that no-one has any clues as to who these rival bidders could be.

But then we know very little about the Aussie consortium or indeed the mystery second bidder from earlier this year

• Options
    The club remains on the market.

Aussie party are interested.

Club put out false statements/starts rumours that another party are interested in the hope Aussies will up offer/ move quicker

Ad infinitum.
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Doucher will be on here soon enough, to confirm that he knew all about the new interested "party" and he definitely knew all about it before anyone else. He couldn't say anything because .........
    Nope - all news to me but one thing I can guarantee is that anything of any significance does happen, I will be the first to know so I'm afraid it is situation ongoing - put the it's happening gifs on ice for now
    Actually couldn't have hoped for a better response than that. Bravo!

Hook well and truly baited.

So, no evidence exists of a rival bid, then.

Something usually trickles down to a number of those here with contacts around the club, but instead we have silence.

Does anyone have that tumbleweed GIF?

Well Airman has confirmed a new group are in due diligence. That’s pretty significant.

I hope the new group info is true - a takeover is far more important than me being the first to know about it. However, if it is true, when it gets to a stage where something is actually happening, I'll be sure to let you know. Feels a bit de ja vu to me. Hope I'm wrong.

Apparently it will happen when we know what division we will be in next season.

Hold on, what was that you said about deja vu ?
    Well, it wasn't going to happen before the season finished and clearly the Australian 'collapse' has delayed things.
  • Options

The club remains on the market.

Aussie party are interested.

Club put out false statements/starts rumours that another party are interested in the hope Aussies will up offer/ move quicker

Ad infinitum.

No idea how far this latest interest will progress but there is no chance whatsoever it’s a false lead from the club.
    Are they looking at the takeover 'information portal' Airman, like the last bunch back in October or whenever it was?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018
    I'm getting to that point of not caring now.

I feel like it's not gonna happen and if it does it'll be hugely underwhelming.
  • Options

Uboat said:

CafcSCP said:

If it’s a Varney introduction then I’d have a lot more faith in this one than the Australian bid.
    Varney won’t sell us down the river with a load of wasters.

I might be wrong (I’m sure someone will correct me) but Varney introduced and brokered the Spiv (Jimenez / Slater) consortium to the Club.

I think he was also keen for Gold and Sullivan to buy us.
    Would that have been such a bad thing ?
    Well probably never know, but I don't think they would have been to everyone's taste.
  • Options
    G'bye to the Good guy?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

you’ve just volunteered to do the bitesize thread
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Croydon said:

Already prefer this new mob to the Aussies

Yep, they sound ideal.

Especially as nobody knows who they are or anything at all.

We know they are based in Bromley, are loaded and that they are based in Bromley.

That should be enough for everyone.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Croydon said:

Yep, they sound ideal.

We know they are based in Bromley, are loaded and that they are based in Bromley.

I didn’t think Kentucky was big on football but you live and learn.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Croydon said:

Yep, they sound ideal.

The Louis Mendez/Roger Johnson consortium.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My worry is that the Aussies may have been over ambitious, attempting to put together a consortium to raise enough funds to buy the club and to fund a genuine bid for Premier League football in five years. If one or more of the consortium had to to pull out, then perhaps it is been difficult to find a replacement because of the level of funding required. [Not inside info, just idle speculation on my part].
    Whoever buys the club only needs to satisfy the EFL that they have funding in place to run the club for two years. Let’s hope these rumoured bidders have more than that.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Perhaps that explains the current cutbacks on players and overheads.. so that prospective buyers don’t have to show as much to the EFL to get the sale.

We were told running costs had put some buyers off. Of course we have a big stadium unlike a lot of League One clubs so not sure they are comparing like for like, the EFL stipulation might better explain it.

Also makes one think if the Aussies only had to show two years and were struggling to do that even let alone 5 years, they really weren’t credible or perhaps suitable buyers
  • Options
    Maybe it is a lie, although why go to such lengths? They are going so why does it matter what their reasons are, little gain in it.

More interesting to me at least is the point about 2 years costs
  • Options
    Could it be RedBull?
  • Options

Told by the regime.

The "we're cutting costs to make the club more attractive to buyers" is a pathetic lie even by this regime's standards.

They are cutting cost to save Duchatelet money, no other reason.

Don't believe the lies.

Never have, never will.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!