Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Come on Airman. What you heard ?

There is a new interested party who contacted Varney and from there was put on to the club more than a month ago. PV isn’t going to tell me who that is, but he has said they are credible. My understanding is they have been talking to Murray and have also started due diligence of their own, but whether that relates to the above or not I can’t say.
    Surprised Murray gave them the time of day if Varney had any sort of involvement?
  • Options

There is a new interested party who contacted Varney and from there was put on to the club more than a month ago. PV isn’t going to tell me who that is, but he has said they are credible. My understanding is they have been talking to Murray and have also started due diligence of their own, but whether that relates to the above or not I can’t say.
    Surprised Murray gave them the time of day if Varney had any sort of involvement?
    His involvement was to redirect them to the club, so not really a factor, but don’t underestimate Murray’s appetite to be part of the next regime.
  • Options
    Wonder what Muzza would look like in a thobe.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Excellent, as it means I can post this again...

Most understated 'It's Happening' meme ever. What's happening Peter? "Well, oxygen is reacting with drying oils and other unsaturated compounds to produce free-radicals and the reaction between water and isocyanates bringing about about polymerization. In other words, some paint is drying".
    To be fair it's more down to my limited GIF making skills :wink:
  • Options

Stig said:

Excellent, as it means I can post this again...

Most understated 'It's Happening' meme ever. What's happening Peter? "Well, oxygen is reacting with drying oils and other unsaturated compounds to produce free-radicals and the reaction between water and isocyanates bringing about about polymerization. In other words, some paint is drying".
    To be fair it's more down to my limited GIF making skills :wink:
    I don't think it's your skills at all. I think you just need an image of PV looking more excited. I just had a quick look, and if such a thing exists it ain't on the internet :wink:
  • Options
    Stig said:

Solidgone said:

PeterGage said:

Solidgone said:

I’ve said that Reg was part of the so called other interest all along. Can I have a promote and (it’s a bit greedy I know) be one of the ITK clique please. :blush:

If you have been promoted to the ITK league that means that someone else is relegated - @JamesSeed and his Aussies perhaps :-)
    On yer bike jimmy boy, there’s a new kid’s in town...and take Henry’s buddy Doucher with you. It’s now time for real information to be circulated.
    Wow, all that on the basis of this: "Aussies gazumped by another bidder apparently, source hasn't told me anything before so can't confirm reliability but thought i'd share. His source someone dealing with the takeover apparently".
    Yes

It’s happening imminently soon innit.
  • Options

Anyway Roland looks like the type who slaps the bottoms of female staff. Just like Sid James in the Carry On films.

They really should bring practice this back to the workplace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenie said:

Anyway Roland looks like the type who slaps the bottoms of female staff. Just like Sid James in the Carry On films.

Steady on @Greenie , you’re so excited at the thought you can’t get your words out straight.

• Options

Greenie said:

Steady on @Greenie , you’re so excited at the thought you can’t get your words out straight.

Not surprising mate, I just tried it at work and got a backhander! Which was nice.
  • Options

His involvement was to redirect them to the club, so not really a factor, but don’t underestimate Murray’s appetite to be part of the next regime.
    I don't think anyone underestimates that man's ego or his sheer ignorance where he's not wanted.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

I so want to believe that a dea

Scoham said:

https://www.castrust.org/2018/08/fans-forum-on-22nd-august/

Fans forum next week. Lieven de Turck will be present.

So unlikely any takeover will happen before then (If ever).
    That'll save me having to read the 'Takeover Thread' for a week, then.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    I might be wrong about this, but hasn't there been very considerable vitriol expressed in the direction of Peter Varney from Roland Duchatelet, and isn't there some 'history' between Varney and Murray too?
    We might need to Rip Van Winkle this story, like all the other ones so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If not this week, then next :smiley:
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Heard about ‘new’ bidders a few weeks back, but as Murray is supposed to be involved in a separate Brit bid I can’t see he’d be helping anyone, least of all Varney, if indeed he is involved.
    Of course none of this is 100% info as far as I’m concerned, not unless they announce themselves, or the club acknowledges them publicly.
    No idea what the Aussies are up to at the moment.

No question of Murray helping Varney or vice versa. Varney isn’t involved, but he does have an interest in seeing the club in better hands which is why he passed the contact on. It was Duchatelet who then involved Murray.
    I’d love to know exactly how many separate entities have looked at Charlton with a view to buying, over the last two or three years.
    I wonder what’s putting them off :-)
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Heard about ‘new’ bidders a few weeks back, but as Murray is supposed to be involved in a separate Brit bid I can’t see he’d be helping anyone, least of all Varney, if indeed he is involved.
    Of course none of this is 100% info as far as I’m concerned, not unless they announce themselves, or the club acknowledges them publicly.

No question of Murray helping Varney or vice versa. Varney isn’t involved, but he does have an interest in seeing the club in better hands which is why he passed the contact on. It was Duchatelet who then involved Murray.
    And while Murray may have his own motives, he surely (as a Charlton fan) must be desperate now for the takeover, any takeover to happen, as clearly the alternative of a disinterested Roland owning us all season would be terrible
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

And while Murray may have his own motives, he surely (as a Charlton Wolves fan) must be desperate now for the takeover, any takeover to happen, as clearly the alternative of a disinterested Roland owning us all season would be terrible
    There I've corrected that for you :smile:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!