Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

#UnityProtest in Sint-Truiden - Official Protest/'Match' Thread 3rd/4th March 2017

Comments

• PeterGage said:

Apologies if mentioned already, but any actual contact or sightings of Roland or did he take heed of the notice protestors would be in town and stay indoors?

He was in Stayen today, because by coincidence when we were there I bumped into Anders, the Marketing manager of Jena. Apparently Jena's new chairman was there for a meeting. it's fair to assume they stayed for the game, and for sure will have been aware of the protests.

I was staying at Stayen and was approached at breakfast on Sunday, by a member of Jena (I don't know his precise position). He confirmed that a meeting had taken place between Jena and Duchatelet the previous day. Whilst the Jean guy clearly did not provide any details of the meeting, he did state that (a) he understood the reasons behind our protest (without taking a position either side: (b) he said that they have a good working relationship with Duchatelet (speaking of course, not as a supporter of Jena) but as a "director" or some similar role.
    If the guy you met was early 30s and dark haired, that sounds like Anders. (But maybe not as He said he wasn't staying Saturday night) He's a good guy, we think. There is a very important point to always remember about Jena. Thanks to the German 50 plus 1 rule, he is a minority shareholder. It was Anders who explained to @GlassHalfFull and I that when RD presented his network player concept, they listened politely and decided it was not for Jena. I think that if RD appointed football professionals, and then delegated responsibilty to them, we would have a good working relationship with him too !
    Clearly, from your description, was not the guy I met. I was sitting down (which makes recognition a bit more difficult), but her appeared to be in his 50's, short (5.8"?) and largely balding (that which was left was short cropped on the sides and grey in colour).

Thanks anyway for your explanation of the current situation at Jena.
  • Very short and fair report on the (short) ITV London lunchtime bulletin; emphasised protest was against owner. The regime statement still clinging to the "disappointment"/"investment" rubbish.
  • Very short and fair report on the (short) ITV London lunchtime bulletin; emphasised protest was against owner. The regime statement still clinging to the "disappointment"/"investment" rubbish.

Yes, they showed the march on the ITV local lunch time news. It included an "interview" with Arsenetatters.
  • I've only ever left from ebbsfleet station once, I went by taxi but I think you can also park reasonably.

For me it's about the cost. You can get 4 people in a decent sized car for roughly the same price as 1 or maybe 2 on the train?

Sure, the economics are unarguable. The train is the option for those who can afford a bit more, and perhaps like me are bad car passengers. That said, I discovered that Eurostar offer discounts of around 25-30% for groups of 10 or more. If we go again, I volunteer to be official Eurostar co-ordinator including the sprint through Brussels Midi station:-)

I can vouch for Prague , he was tour leader and led myself , TCE , threadkiller , mosscat, onlyme and daughter to make the connection .
    We needed a grown up in the group and he took the lead .
    First time on Eurostar for me and it was soooo easy and a no brainer , if finances allow .
    @Onlyme daughter was a more than capable stand in if @PragueAddick had failed in his duties as Tour Guide/responsible adult. ;)

Yes, they showed the march on the ITV local lunch time news. It included an "interview" with Arsenetatters.
    Oh Christ. What the hell did I say? She briefly stuck a microphone towards me during the march
  • For anyone outside London but with Sky or Freesat, ITV London is on Sky 973 and Freesat 977; BBC London is 974 on Sky, 950 on Freesat.

954 on Sky, I used to watch it in Hants.
  • Addickted said:

Running 'to catch your connection' is just so un cool. Just get the next train. Relax.

The Eurostar Hotheads live every minute like it is their last. We needed to get to Stayen for lunchtime in case he was in his usual place.

Then there was the bet. That of course was just the personal bet you offered me, but my fellow hotheads share my satisfaction in knowing that when we got on our connecting train, your bet was toast. Or rather waffle.

Next time, under 4 hours...
  • What time do we expect the tv reports tonight's? Both in the local segments, I guess. So BBC in the 6.30- 7.00. And ITV?
  • Sponsored links:

• ITV will be between 6 - 6.30
  • For those outside London & without Sky, etc. try these:-
    ITV London news – watch live on http://www.watchallchannels.com/itv-1/ (18:00 – 18:30)
    BBC London news – watch live on http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcone (18:30 - 19:00)
  • Can someone please try and capture these reports for those of us still working?
  • Excellent coverage by ITV
  • Pretty decent from ITN , there. All of our great people spoke well. Usual crap stuff from the club.
  • Very happy with ITV. From what we've heard today, the BBC may not be what we hoped. Cock-up rather than conspiracy.
  • On BBC London now.
  • Very limited coverage from BBC, but they chucked in that we were fighting relegation to the 4th tier!
  • Blimey, did someone at BBC London delete their own pictures, then? Wasn't a bad report, though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks like they used the same pictures as ITV
  • Dansk_Red said:

Looks like they used the same pictures as ITV

Cheek. I'll have you know they got their pictures from VOTV, not ITV ...
  • Both sides report's were ok tbf
    Let's hope it embarrasses the senile old scrote and encourages him to sell up sooner rather than later
  • Agree with all the above, ITV was excellent, BBC not so much.
  • Blimey, did someone at BBC London delete their own pictures, then? Wasn't a bad report, though.

They lost them and had to start again from scratch. Great shame as they had dloads of good stuff in Belgium.
    Ouch! That footage of me gazing out at the white cliffs of Dover... gone! They made up for it well, though.
  • Jon_CAFC_ said:

I don't know if any of you look at the Facebook group but they're seriously grinding my gears at absolutely every turn they're negative towards any form of action as embarrassing and doomed to fail

Their stance is to 'support the team', that they're not regime fans but cannot actualy articulate what they'd do differently other than to slag off any efforts people make.

There's no reasoning with them at all

Most of them can't articulate at all other than a lot of profanities.