Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A brace for ajose

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2017
    We got rid of him in January and he's still our top goalscorer.... IF our front three all season had been Josh, Ajose and Holmes we'd be higher up than we are.....

He'll score more goals than any other player we have. Our system doesn't work for him.

Our system doesn't work for us!
  • Options
    Ajose is one of the great mysteries. We all thought that he looked like a good signing (based on his record with Swindon, and his YouTube video), but he looked extremely mediocre at Charlton.
    Perhaps if we'd had a more attacking formation (and a better team) we might have created more of the sort of chances he thrived on at the County Ground.
    But based on the evidence put in front of us, it became hard to pick him.
  • Options

look at bensons record before he came to us
    even church scored goals before he came to us
    hang on i think i see the connection

You can go back as far as Pawel Abbott, scored goals everywhere he'd played at before joining us, we have an uncanny ability to turn decent strikers into pony
  • Options

look at bensons record before he came to us
    even church scored goals before he came to us
    hang on i think i see the connection

You can go back as far as Pawel Abbott, scored goals everywhere he'd played at before joining us, we have an uncanny ability to turn decent strikers into pony
    You can go back a bit further to Andy Gray.

The likes of Ajose need another striker with them. It's not just for flick ons but for attracting the attention of defenders and for helping the ball stay in the penalty area.

The modern fascination for possession football is killing the small striker, who is generally now seen as a bench option when you are losing. Even Hernandez (a superb striker) couldn't get much game time at Man Utd and it makes me think that even players like Gerd Muller wouldn't get much of a sniff now.