Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A brace for ajose

Just about sums it up really, we can't score for love nor money and our big summer signing is out on loan scoring. Absolute madness .

Comments

• Ajose got 2 you can't knock that, but they were both tap ins in/on the 6 yard box.
  • Ajose got 2 you can't knock that, but they were both tap ins in/on the 6 yard box.

True, I don't think we created any chances within 10 yards of the goal today.
  • He wouldn't offer anything in Robinson's formation.
  • He's got 2, Igor has 3 for STVV. How many have our strikers managed in the same period?
  • Scoham said:

He wouldn't offer anything in Robinson's formation.

Nor does anyone else :smile:

Scoham, what team & formation would you play ?
  • A simple 4-4-2 with whoever shows they're still interested and want to play for us. I rarely blame a lack of effort but something didn't look right to me today.

A few weeks ago we had a lot possession against Fleetwood, but lacked the quality to do much with it. Today we looked nothing like that. We looked like we've gone backwards. We were too slow to the ball, lacking confidence, at times just knocking the ball up in the air with no real aim.

I do wonder if the players aren't happy playing 4-2-3-1 or maybe even for Robinson.
  • I never much rated Ajose from what I saw of him, but I suppose he might have something about him to score all those goals last season. It's shocking that Charlton have given up on him inside of 6 months though. They have absolutely zero respect for their players as people or employees. He's just a non-functioning asset that needs removing from the inventory as far as they're concerned.
  • Scoham said:

A simple 4-4-2 with whoever shows they're still interested and want to play for us. I rarely blame a lack of effort but something didn't look right to me today.

A few weeks ago we had a lot possession against Fleetwood, but lacked the quality to do much with it. Today we looked nothing like that. We looked like we've gone backwards. We were too slow to the ball, lacking confidence, at times just knocking the ball up in the air with no real aim.

I do wonder if the players aren't happy playing 4-2-3-1 or maybe even for Robinson.

I agree. I think we should play 4-4-2. Let them play what they know and understand.

They haven't got a clue what they are meant to be doing.

He's totally confused them.

It's meant to be a simple game and Robinson's made it the complete opposite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ajose didn't want to be here and it showed.
  • Scoham said:

simple his formations are shite
    in this league all you need is to play hoofball to a target man in the box and you will score goals and win games
    step up ajose
  • Ajose got two (fair play). He also went around the goalie and fired it over the open goal. A mixed bag.....
  • Missed It said:

I never much rated Ajose from what I saw of him, but I suppose he might have something about him to score all those goals last season. It's shocking that Charlton have given up on him inside of 6 months though. They have absolutely zero respect for their players as people or employees. He's just a non-functioning asset that needs removing from the inventory as far as they're concerned.

For a club that want to develop young players it's ridiculous. Maybe they'd settle in and progress quicker in a settled team that understand the system they're playing in.
  • Scoham said:

A simple 4-4-2 with whoever shows they're still interested and want to play for us. I rarely blame a lack of effort but something didn't look right to me today.

I agree. I think we should play 4-4-2. Let them play what they know and understand.

They haven't got a clue what they are meant to be doing.

He's totally confused them.

It's meant to be a simple game and Robinson's made it the complete opposite.
    he totally confused me and everyone else in the ground i think
    and cant wait to read his bull and confuse me even more because i know what i saw even if he didnt and it was shocking
  • he got 2 .. and Obika got the other
  • Ajose didn't want to be here and it showed.

This is the kind of thing that annoys me most about football these days. If I took a job on much more money and then decided I didn't like it I'd have to take a pay cut to move back (assuming my former employer would take me). In football Ajose can keep his new pay and go back to his old job and, in this case (assuming he didn't want to play (work) for us anymore) Charlton need to keep paying his his salary - or part of it.
  • He could potentially work in a 442 with Magennis, but Robinson is highly unlikely to move away from his 4231 so no point Ajose being here.
  • Scoham said:

Nobody does it seems
  • Sponsored links:

• It's ok though because we have an unfit, overweight Tony Watt and Lee Novak instead.
  • Ajose, in the right formation and with the right supply, should score goals at this level. What I would say though is that this is his third spell at Swindon during which time he has scored 37 times in 61 starts. Yet, at the age of 25, he has already been at 10 other clubs with a less successful ratio of 43 goals in 132 - just 6 more goals for another 71 starts.

He might just be one of those players who only performs to his very best when at "home" and Swindon, for whatever reason, offers him just that. Gary Birtles was one of those - 71 in 212 for Forest in two spells but for Man United, Notts County and Grimsby netted just 29 times in 190 with 124 of those matches in the old 3rd and 4th Division. But then he was playing for Brian Clough at Forest and Robinson certainly isn't a Clough apart from having the big mouth of course.

• look at bensons record before he came to us
    even church scored goals before he came to us
    hang on i think i see the connection
  • Scoham said:

in this league all you need is to play hoofball to a target man in the box and you will score goals and win games
    step up ajose
    Did that under Slade. It didn't work.
  • edited February 2017
    SDAddick said:

Scoham said:

step up ajose
    Well here's an interesting stat:

The record of the team when Magennis and Ajose have started together is:

P17 W7 D7 L3 which amounts to 28 points. Pro rata for the number of games we have played (33) that amounts to 54-55 points - and puts us in the play offs.
  • i personally thought he wasnt v good.
  • Wasn't everybody punching the air because the fat Scotsman was coming back? I fear we will all be saying " I didn't really think he was any good" when he goes back home to mummy.
  • masicat said:

Wasn't everybody punching the air because the fat Scotsman was coming back? I fear we will all be saying " I didn't really think he was any good" when he goes back home to mummy.

Not everyone no - well at least I wasn't as I had highlighted the fact that he had scored just once and not assisted a single goal in his time in Scotland. And if possible his record since returning has only got worse.
  • SDAddick said:

Scoham said:

step up ajose
    Well here's an interesting stat:

The record of the team when Magennis and Ajose have started together is:

P17 W7 D7 L3 which amounts to 28 points. Pro rata for the number of games we have played (33) that amounts to 54-55 points - and puts us in the play offs.
    The other aspect is that Holmes, potentially our best supply line, has only started 7 games with the two of them and our record for the three together reads:

W 4 D 2 L 1 F12 A6
  • edited February 2017
    the constant tony watt bashing is getting a bit annoying he is no worse and certainly not as bad as some of the players weve currently got. novak on saturday was one of the worst players ive seen in a long time.

my view of watt is, he has flashes of skill which is something to watch and if your at work and everyones pissing about not being productive you do the same and thats what i think hes doing, they cant be assed so neither can i.

just my opinion but the slagging him off at every opportunity is getting a bit tiresome.