Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Oxford - Match Thread (post match from P15)

Comments

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Long ball, Bauer wins it, Crofts loses out, wins it back, and Mav beats people again, exciting the crowd, finds JFC, to Solly, to Byrne, closed down by Scartz, who wins the ball, he finds Johnson.

Botaka hasn't been mentioned for ages. Not sure if that was me or them. Doesn't matter, nothing matters. Not while Monika doesn't want me.

Hughie Green's petite assistant was called Monica, just saying like :wink: .
  • Options
    Terrible so far, all we are doing so far is giving the ball away.
  • Options
    Free kick. Mavididi foiled just outside area.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Won't lie, thoroughly enjoying this game tonight.

More stewards than fans.
  • Options
    Homles behind Josh isn't working.

We now have a throw, Bauer did well to stop Martinez and win it. JFC and Crofts too close together! Johnson with a foul on JFC, we get a FK in their half. Take it quickly, the ref stops it cos Holmes pushed a player mildly away from the dead ball. We take the FK now but it's poor, JFC tries to recover, up the line to Byrne, abck to JFC, looks for Josh but too difficult... Page gets it back, to MAv, runs at Edwards, past two players.. fouled by Ledson.

It's just been confirmed, Mav has won the player of the year trophy for his four runs tonight.
  • Options

Sue Perks gone for her half time grub yet?

That's an image I don't want in my mind!
  • Options
    Tel saying Holmes look uncomfortable in the no. 10 role. The position is absolutely pivotal to the way KR is trying to get us playing, and we don't really have anyone who naturally can play there.

Personally think he has to try something different tactically, otherwise he is going to stubborn his way out of a job pdq.
  • Options
    Holmes likes the look of this FK. 25 yards out I think.
  • Options
    Sounds like Mavididi is our only hope of getting something out of this
  • Options
    Hope Karl's got "1000 great Scouse gags" download on his phone for half time...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hits the wall, wins a corner.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    JFC to take it. Outswinger, Tex gets a header... OOOOHHH just over the bar.
  • Options

Tel saying Holmes look uncomfortable in the no. 10 role. The position is absolutely pivotal to the way KR is trying to get us playing, and we don't really have anyone who naturally can play there.

Personally think he has to try something different tactically, otherwise he is going to stubborn his way out of a job pdq.

Funny in his pre match splurge I thought Robinson said that Holmes thought it was his best position.

Not sure if he is letting the players dictate where they play now...
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Hits the wall, wins a corner.

Teixeira's big chance.
  • Options
    55% Oxford possession.
  • Options
    Mametz said:

• Options
    Mametz said:

Sorry just remembered what that meant in my day :wink:
  • Options
    We have a throw, Page to Mav, to Crofts, goes long to Holmes, Dunkley ushers it out of play. Commentators really like Dunkley. But we are playing to his strengths they think. He sounds massive. Like, a really big guy.
  • Options
    Head tennis now. Tex doesn't play a good ball in defence, and they get a throw. Our interplay at the back has been poor. They take the throw, down to Mac, back to their LB, chips it in, fails, they get it back, knock it about, Crofts gets in there, breaks... should be their throw but we get it. Crofts is stepping up they say. Good tackling.

Tex once again plays a poor ball, but Page gets it, down the line to Mav, who wins a foul.
  • Options

Funny in his pre match splurge I thought Robinson said that Holmes thought it was his best position.

Not sure if he is letting the players dictate where they play now...
    douchebag dictates who plays anyway, so he might as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A new low anyone?
  • Options
    Gills 2 v Wombles 1, Millwall 0-0.
  • Options
    It's as if Slade never left!
  • Options
    We take it quickly, JFC and Bauer. to Byrne, to Holmes, but they win it back, poor ball and we get it back to Rudd. He finds Crofts, to JFC, to Solly, nice touch, forward into space, wants help, Holmes does so, needs help too, Byrne on the scene, out to Holmes, he crosses, but Josh can't beat Nelson, back to Holmes, back to Crofts, to JFC in space, to the left to Page, nice build up here. Mav with footwork but poor ball, and Edwards clears to an offside Martinez.

I'm astonished there were no typos in this post.
  • Options
    We try building, no joy, they get in the way, Rudd has it, high ball to Crofts in the middle of the park, Josh wins a header, but gives away a FK.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

A new low anyone?

Every day that passes with those Belgian w@nkers involved with the club is a new low.

• Options
    The might of Oxford would be too much for any team.....
  • Options
    They have it, switch it, Page pressures Seycombe, Lundstrom to Mac, back to Seycombe, triangles occurring here. The strongest of all the shapes. That's why they use them in building designs, I remember this from school.

Anyway, they give it some, get a throw near our area. Knocking it around but Mav gets in there and clears. Mav clears again, but they get it again! Edwards makes a poor ball. Rudd should find Josh, but Nelson clears.
  • Options
    Rudd has it. Let's start again lads, we have a minute to do something here.