Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Oxford - Match Thread (post match from P15)

1192021222325»

Comments

• Options
    The shit football I could/can handle, the depressing thing is the atmosphere.
  • Options

Good ground, nice new seats, lovely playing surface...what's not to like?

You forgot the all-important generosity regarding results, which always makes things seem better (for opposing fans)...

Sadly The Valley is not so much a fortress as "mi casa es su casa" these days.
  • Options
    The quality of football generally in League 1 is not great.

We have a team that on paper looks like it should do well, but it has not.

It has been the same for some seasons.

The team is not the same, the manager is not the same, the CEO and owner are the same.

We see repeated instances of lack of investment, occasional over expensive investment, and signs of meddling from the owner.

We also see, through past history of other clubs owned by Duchatelet, exactly the same set of facts, negative progression and meddling.

It is difficult to see how we could ever move forwards as a club under this senior management and owner.

I challenge anyone to come up with a solution. I would be interested to hear it because on the face of it, a disinterested but well intentioned owner, prepared to fund to a reasonable budget indefinitely under stable management, sounds great.
  • Options

The team is not the same, the manager is not the same, the CEO and owner are the same.

We see repeated instances of lack of investment, occasional over expensive investment, and signs of meddling from the owner.

We also see, through past history of other clubs owned by Duchatelet, exactly the same set of facts, negative progression and meddling.

It is difficult to see how we could ever move forwards as a club under this senior management and owner.

I challenge anyone to come up with a solution. I would be interested to hear it because on the face of it, a disinterested but well intentioned owner, prepared to fund to a reasonable budget indefinitely under stable management, sounds great.

The only thing remotely stable about management under the Duchatelet regime is the virtually limitless quantities of horseshit it generates.
  • Options

It depends how you define 'well intentioned'.

He's either using CAFC as an experiment to prove a point about running a club cheaply, relying on nuturing, and then selling, young talent.
    Or he's ripping us off.
    Or he's just insane.

He certainly not doing it because he loves the club and/or the fans.

So I'm not sure what his good intentions could be, with all due respect?
  • Options
    I meant good intentions as in not actively malicious.

Just misguided.
  • Options

If we are in leauge two. Will they let us be a big club. I liked being a big club ?

We won't be in League 2 next. Like trying to get into the play-offs we are relying on far too many factors happening now. We have a decnt goal difference. We only need about 3 more wins or 9 or 10 points. Despite llast night we should get those and a bit more.
  • Options

If we are in leauge two. Will they let us be a big club. I liked being a big club ?

We won't be in League 2 next. Like trying to get into the play-offs we are relying on far too many factors happening now. We have a decnt goal difference. We only need about 3 more wins or 9 or 10 points. Despite llast night we should get those and a bit more.
    We ONLY have three league wins in our last fifteen games under this current manager and group of players and NONE in our last five. Why do you think we should get those "and a bit more" !?
  • Options

Or 9 draws for us consolidationists
  • Options
    vff said:

Leuth said:

First person to say YOU MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK THOUGH gets the deathstare

There is quite lot of truth in that observation. If you work hard, persevere, do the right thing, luck evens out. I would like to add that in the end, the table does not lie.
    Surely for both of these statements to be true, the luck would need to even itself out over the exact same timeframe that the season lasts for?

It's a bit like the average 70% payout statement on fruit machines. Over what period of time is that average calculated?

It's certainly not calculated on the time I spent on one on Friday night where I stuck about £30 in and definitely did not get £21 back out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's no way we'll go down. Isn't 50 points normally enough to stay up? Which means we need 8 points from 14 games? And we have a decent goal difference. And our run in looks okay. And we're not exactly getting smashed every week are we?

I don't want any accusations of blind optimism here but I think talk of League 2 is taking the negativity to new extremes.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    HandG said:

There's no way we'll go down. Isn't 50 points normally enough to stay up? Which means we need 8 points from 14 games? And we have a decent goal difference. And our run in looks okay. And we're not exactly getting smashed every week are we?

I don't want any accusations of blind optimism here but I think talk of League 2 is taking the negativity to new extremes.

I agree with you, in this case, because of the relative strength of the division, but these things can happen. The 1972 team was not expected to go down - it was doing better than the previous two seasons and looked comfortable - but it took nine points (adjusted to three for a win) from the final 14 matches and went down for the sake of one point. The 1979 team had taken five points (all draws) from the 13 matches until it won on the final day and stayed up by a point.
  • Options
    I think the football under KR had been pretty dire. It's predictable, slow and we inevitably concede a soft goal. There's no point having possession miles from the opponents goal.
    Its far too easy to close us down and our lumbering defence look too accident prone.

A lot of our players seem to be going backwards.
  • Options

HandG said:

The issue really isn't if we'll go down or not but that were even having the conversation.

I don't think we'll go down either but we should, at worst, be debating automatic promotion or the play-offs not can we scrape 50 points.

This is what Meire and Duchatelet have done to us.
    To which I would add the issue that in the season after we first have this conversation, history suggests that it will become more pertinent.