Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

AFC Wimbledon v Charlton ***MATCH THREAD*** - Saturday 11th February, 3pm KO

Comments

• Konsa provides cover should any injuries occur at the back. Nice to have plenty of attacking options
  • Strange to see no one who is an out and out defender on the bench

Which knowing our luck almost certainly means we'll lose a defender to injury within the first 15 minutes
  • Even with Konsa being able to drop back, a bit worrying to have no defensive players on the bench though, we don't have the bench to tactically tighten things up a bit

I would have been happier if we'd have kept Foley until the end of the season
  • I can't believe that Konsa and Aribo both have Nike logo's on their shin guards. It's disgusting! They should be proud to play for charlton and should only wear club branded Kit!
  • Just tuned in to the Wimbledon FC player service and pleased to hear the whole of 'Won't get fooled again'.
    Looks like a grey sleety day there with a biting wind, boggy pitch, terraces, little ground, well old school. and all the more lovely for that.
  • Pedro45 said:

I can't believe that Konsa and Aribo both have Nike logo's on their shin guards. It's disgusting! They should be proud to play for charlton and should only wear club branded Kit!

Nike makes our kit...And I think Konsa has a boot deal with Adidas. Sorry if this is a whoosh moment.
  • SDAddick said:

Pedro45 said:

I can't believe that Konsa and Aribo both have Nike logo's on their shin guards. It's disgusting! They should be proud to play for charlton and should only wear club branded Kit!

Nike makes our kit...And I think Konsa has a boot deal with Adidas. Sorry if this is a whoosh moment.
    Of course it is....a response to the knobs who snagged off TWWWs shin pads last week.
  • stonemuse said:
    Have Magennis and Watt decided to coordinate their hair styles?
  • It is cold, and the floodlights are on.
    They described Ricky Holmes as 'the nemesis' for some reason.
  • Sponsored links:

• Looking forward to Big Josh taking over from Novak in the 2nd half and linking up with Watt.

He'll probably take Watt off for Mag!
  • seth plum said:

It is cold, and the floodlights are on.
    They described Ricky Holmes as 'the nemesis' for some reason.

• Great music during the warm up.
    The lads have warmed up to:

Won't get fooled again
    I'm a Dreamer
    True faith
    Just can't get enough.
  • They expect well over 4.5k people there, 'a sell out, a bumper afternoon'.
    Pitch looks relatively smooth, a bit bald in places, Wimbledon have not played on it since 17th January.
    They say James Cordon a pantomime villain is there, Baron von Franchise they call Karl Robinson.
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Looks like JFC misses out through the calf injury he picked up last week. Annoying.
    Agreed, although KR says he should be fit for Tuesday
    I imagine that if we had no midweek game he might have been risked, but with the number of fixtures we have coming up it makes sense to rest him today and bring him in for Konsa or Aribo on Tuesday
    Suspect it's the same with Magennis. It's smart if true. This is a marathon not a sprint.

Also, it's a bit odd that KAG (or Mavididi) is on the bench instead of a defender. Even if RoJo is injured, would thought Dijksteel would have been on as the bench as cover. If anything went wrong you could bring him into midfield to hold and move Konsa back to defense.

We really need to get through this game without injuries or suspensions.
    Need to keep 11 on if we seriously think we might get to the play offs this season.
  • Strange to see no one who is an out and out defender on the bench

Very worrying considering how we were outmuscled by them towards the end of game with them at the Valley - makes it very difficult to strengthen the defence.
  • sm said:

Strange to see no one who is an out and out defender on the bench

Very worrying considering how we were outmuscled by them towards the end of game with them at the Valley - makes it very difficult to strengthen the defence.
    We brought Tex on late last week and then conceded. Not always good to bring on defender so late to try and keep opposition from scoring, ask Slade
  • sm said:

Strange to see no one who is an out and out defender on the bench

Chill - we've got 3 centre backs in the starting line-up. Agree it's an odd bench though.
  • Teams coming out.

When the Red Red Robin
    Goes bob bob bobbin’
    Along, along,
    There’ll be no more sobbin’
    As he keeps throbbin’
    His old, sweet song,
    Wake up! Wake up, you sleepy head.
    Get up! Get up get out of bed.
    Cheer up! Cheer up, the sun is red.
    Live, love, laugh and be happy!

What if I feel blue?
    I’ll go walking through
    Fields of flowers.
    Rain may glisten, but still I listen
    For hours, and hours.
    I’m like a kid again,
    Doing what I did again,
    Singing this song,
    When the Red Red Robin
    Goes bob bob bobbin’ along!

• Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m
    1 minute ago

More
    Here come the two sides at the Cherry Red Records Stadium! #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Sponsored links:

• I've lost the fucking commentary on player
  • Okay, it's just come back. Here we go.
  • Robinson gets booed, described by their bloke as 'a hippo'.
  • We are going left to right, as we, er, imagine.
  • Greetings from Auckland. COYR.
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 29s
    30 seconds ago

More
    KICK-OFF | @AFCWimbledon get us underway!
  • Wimbledon look to do the double.
    Our fans there in force.
    Dons attacking John Green stand 'right to left' as they describe it.
    We chose ends they kick off, and play it long
  • We win a throw on half way.
    We attack holmes cross, cleared, and we get uit again, fuller fouls and our FK
  • And AFC Wimbledon kick off down our left, knocked back to right-back but Watt wins and goes forward for Novak, overhit and it's there for Shea in goal. Rushed clearance, Chicksen for our throw to Tex.

Across to Bauer, brings to Solly, closed down and long for Novak who controls, right to Holmes, takes on man, cross, Aribo... can't control, cleared by Kelly.

Crofts left to Chicksen, Watt outside, and pushed over by Barry Fuller, our FK.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!