Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Groundhopping

Comments

• Options

• Options

Isthmian League South East Division

Lancing v Chatham Town 0-1
    Ground 99 for me. Culver Road

big win for the chats. Massive home game against second placed Ramsgate tomorrow. I’m heading there instead of The Valley
  • Options

• Options
    RedPanda said:
    My first time doing 4 games in a weekend. I stayed in The Hague, I reckon 4 games and 2 nights or 5 games, 3 nights is doable in The Netherlands. Games are nicely spread out and transport is quick and easy.

Dordrecht 1-0 PSV U21s (2nd Division) on Friday, very old school. This is a little east of Rotterdam:

DOVO 1-0 HSV Hoek (4th division) Saturday afternoon. I think you could watch this game for free if you stayed in the bar. You had a worse view than pitchside for 10 euros, but I guess the idea is you spend 10+ euros in there (?). So I always had to show my ticket after visiting the loo or buying drinks and returning:

Then Arnhem is 15 mins east by train. Vitesse Arnhem 2-0 Go Ahead Eagles in the Eredivisie was Saturday evening. Good atmosphere and game plus a lovely town:

Then Sunday lunchtime to Willem II 2-1 VVV Venlo in Tilburg and the 2nd tier. Best atmosphere of the bunch and a real connection between the fans and players that I'm jealous of:

I have been to see Ajax and Feyenoord both at home before but much preferred Vitesse and Willem's atmospheres. Them and PSV make tourist tickets available but there's a huge mark-up eg PSV wanted 70 euros for their game last night. I saw all of the above for around £50.

All looks absolutely superb. Thanks for sharing. 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    My first time doing 4 games in a weekend. I stayed in The Hague, I reckon 4 games and 2 nights or 5 games, 3 nights is doable in The Netherlands. Games are nicely spread out and transport is quick and easy.

Dordrecht 1-0 PSV U21s (2nd Division) on Friday, very old school. This is a little east of Rotterdam:

DOVO 1-0 HSV Hoek (4th division) Saturday afternoon. I think you could watch this game for free if you stayed in the bar. You had a worse view than pitchside for 10 euros, but I guess the idea is you spend 10+ euros in there (?). So I always had to show my ticket after visiting the loo or buying drinks and returning:

Then Arnhem is 15 mins east by train. Vitesse Arnhem 2-0 Go Ahead Eagles in the Eredivisie was Saturday evening. Good atmosphere and game plus a lovely town:

Then Sunday lunchtime to Willem II 2-1 VVV Venlo in Tilburg and the 2nd tier. Best atmosphere of the bunch and a real connection between the fans and players that I'm jealous of:

I have been to see Ajax and Feyenoord both at home before but much preferred Vitesse and Willem's atmospheres. Them and PSV make tourist tickets available but there's a huge mark-up eg PSV wanted 70 euros for their game last night. I saw all of the above for around £50.
    Top work mate, I imagine Dordrecht was a cracker.
  • Options
    Badger said:

Nice stand mate.
  • Options
    Netherlands has always been bit of a ground hopping target for me, though I do want to see Feyenoord at home. Imagine they make an enormous noise.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Netherlands has always been bit of a ground hopping target for me, though I do want to see Feyenoord at home. Imagine they make an enormous noise.
    Prague is good as well.

I was there around 2018 and did 5 games over a weekend.  They do programmes and badges as well if you are a collector.
  • Options

Petersfield v Amesbury in the Wessex League yesterday.  The home team winning very easily 5-1.
    The ground is a bit rundown but has loads of character. 
    Petersfield have done remarkably well. They are managed by a 24 and a 25-year old. https://fatrophy.co.uk/weekly-review/review-4th-april-2023/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Badger said:

A very different turnstile!
  • Options
    A 2-0 win for Chatham today infront of a crowd of 2540 which is unbelievable for a step 8 game. Win at home to Cray Valley PM this weekend and the title is theirs. I’d recommend anyone to come down Saturday. It really is a great setup down there.
  • Options
    Badger said:
    Shoreham 1 Montpellier Villa 0 Southern Combination Division One. Shoreham promoted to the Combination Premier Division.

Nice work mate, but I think you may need to get a new phone/camera as the pictures are a bit hazy :)
  • Options
    Combined Counties League Division 1
    Hillingdon Borough 3 Berks County 4
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options

• Options
    The Middlesex stadium. Just down the road from me. 
  • Options
    Saw Charlton play there, lovely stadium.
  • Options
    Saw Charlton play there, lovely stadium.
    Likewise, finished around 23.00 if I'm not mistaken.
    I have been to around 600 grounds worldwide and this was one of the best, along with Benfica's old ground.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Went to Valencia v Real Valladolid last week. Mestalla is a quality, old fashioned stadium that id recommend to everyone to go and see. It will be a travesty if they get relegated this season, but just goes to show what years and years of mismanagement off the pitch can lead to.
    What are they charging to get in mate, 50 euros?
  • Options
    My ticket was €38 but there were many cheaper and availability wasn’t a problem. Bought a few weeks before online
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    cafc4life said:
    My ticket was €38 but there were many cheaper and availability wasn’t a problem. Bought a few weeks before online
    Nice one mate.  Looking at the photo it seems you had a good view.

Spain have loads of cracking grounds, I'd love to do Betis.

Fwiw, Real Madrid on the day  is easy, BIG games aside.