Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Groundhopping

Comments

• Options
    cafc4life said:

Bayer Leverkusen v Union Berlin 5-0
    BayArena

Great stadium. Union were absolutely woeful .
    How much are tickets out there?
  • Options
    Corby town v some team from Stourbridge,542 eventually shuffled in to watch a 2-2 draw, good burger 🍔 and good pint, cold and damp by the end.
    I see the Palace Ultras were out in force in Corby (top picture).

• Options
    cafc4life said:

Bayer Leverkusen v Union Berlin 5-0
    BayArena

Great stadium. Union were absolutely woeful .
    How much are tickets out there?
    £26.91 for Bayer
    £13.32 for duisburg 
    Cheap as 
  • Options
    Arbroath was our final stop on Friday. Good job the weather was so mild as it's right by the sea. 
    Arbroath looks a cracker.  If you have not been before try and get to Somerton Park, Ayr.

• Options
    Arbroath was our final stop on Friday. Good job the weather was so mild as it's right by the sea. 
    Arbroath looks a cracker.  If you have not been before try and get to Somerton Park, Ayr.

Arbroath was a cracker. We'd hoped the game was brought forward for TV on the Friday night but they opted for the Hamilton game instead. 

We did Ayr on our trip last year. Another superb ground and town to visit. 
  • Options

A pleasant ground and have made the most of maximising revenue with extra refreshment outlets scattered around and having a great club shop.
    Over 1300 yesterday at Horsham, with a good away following from Hastings.  Three Charlton groundhoppers as well!

• Sponsored links:

• Options

This is a must do for any groundhopper.

A cracking ground, Bedford had fantastic support, around 50 were there.

A very enjoyable game finished 2-2.

I question whether you actually support Charlton.
  • Options
    edited February 2023

Petersfield v Amesbury in the Wessex League yesterday.  The home team winning very easily 5-1.
    The ground is a bit rundown but has loads of character. 
  • Options
    Are they changing rooms or dugouts?
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Are they changing rooms or dugouts?

Now we know where our players get treated.  At least there is a seat for players to wait outside if there is a queue.
  • Options

Beckenham Town v Chatham Town 2-0

Did the reverse of this fixture the week before at Chatham too , which they won 3-0. Been to see them a few times this season now, great set up down there. They were poor on Tuesday though and deserved to lose. 
  • Options

Went to Sheppey Utd v Faversham Town yesterday which ended 2-2. Ground 92 for me. 

• Options
    I decided against going Charlton on Saturday and visited ground no 96 - Burgess Hill Town v Chatham Town

The away side won 1-0 thanks to a goal from on loan Charlton KEEPER, Nathan Harvey. A Goal-Kick getting caught in the wind and flying over the Burgess Hill keeper who slipped in the process. Great celebrations when it went in. They ended the game with 9 men after a CB, and Harvey were given red cards but they held on for a vital win in the Isthmian South East Division. Only 2 points separate them and rivals Ramsgate with the sides meeting at Chatham on 10th April.
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Im off to AFC Wimbledon v Walsall tonight for ground 97 and Holmesdale v Phoenix Sports tomorrow for 98. The appeal to see new grounds is currently a lot more than it is to go and watch Charlton which is sad 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    cafc4life said:
    I decided against going Charlton on Saturday and visited ground no 96 - Burgess Hill Town v Chatham Town

The away side won 1-0 thanks to a goal from on loan Charlton KEEPER, Nathan Harvey. A Goal-Kick getting caught in the wind and flying over the Burgess Hill keeper who slipped in the process. Great celebrations when it went in. They ended the game with 9 men after a CB, and Harvey were given red cards but they held on for a vital win in the Isthmian South East Division. Only 2 points separate them and rivals Ramsgate with the sides meeting at Chatham on 10th April.
    From the clip I saw it looked like Chatham had former Wimbledon and Gillingham legend Danny Kedwell up front! Every club he has played for in the last 20 years has been in London/South East.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    cafctom said:
    cafc4life said:

From the clip I saw it looked like Chatham had former Wimbledon and Gillingham legend Danny Kedwell up front! Every club he has played for in the last 20 years has been in London/South East.
    Yeah he does. He’s also assistant manager . 39 years of age. He went in goal on Saturday after Nathan Harvey was sent off and did well. 
  • Options
    Here he is 
  • Options
    Doing well to still be going at that age.

I was quite despondent to see that my local side Sporting Club Thamesmead are on the verge of relegation from SCEFL, and into the Kent League.

Once it gets to that level not even the Futbology app is there to help!
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Doing well to still be going at that age.

I was quite despondent to see that my local side Sporting Club Thamesmead are on the verge of relegation from SCEFL, and into the Kent League.

Once it gets to that level not even the Futbology app is there to help!
    Peckham away will be a must do, a fantastic ground.
  • Options
    Corinthian 1 Littlehampton 1
    Isthmian League South East Division
    Attendance 138.
  • Options

• Options

• Options