Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

President Trump

Discuss :

I'll start the ball rolling. He's not very nice

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Aggressive not very nice person
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Americans are not very nice people
  • Options
    Good speech so far.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

What's the point in even starting a discussion? There are people on here who have admitted to being in support of him so it's only going to make normal people angry.

Contradiction in terms there.
  • Options
    I wish him all the very best .. let's see what he's done in four years time .. he's in office, that's a fact, the USA is our biggest friend and ally, Britain has to get along with him
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

JaShea99 said:

What's the point in even starting a discussion? There are people on here who have admitted to being in support of him so it's only going to make normal people angry.

Contradiction in terms there.
    How?
  • Options

Discuss :

Thank you admin.

• Options
    He's a weird bloke.

He specializes in attracting problems and conflict.

The Twitter thing is really embarrassing.

I hope he stops that completely.

I hope he has rational people around him.

I hope he thinks before he acts.

I hope the next 4 years will be as peaceful as possible and he nicely moves on.

Don't count on it.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Discuss :

Fuck you admin.

bit much...
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Pretty much the reason the last thread on the chap was sunk.
  • Options
    Watching Breakfast this morning and seeing some of the previous presidents (specifically Reagan, Bush Junior), I'm feeling more positive. The world survived them so there is hope the world will survive Trump.

It is very worrying however, that Trump would apparently welcome the break-up of the EU (some would say "fair enough", but I don't see how that helps us), but also (more importantly) the break-up of NATO.
  • Options
    I'll go though;

Someone who seems completely out of his depth and full of hot air, but I wish well and hope he has some good luck because he has millions people of depending upon him being level headed and sensible for the next few years.
  • Options

Unbelievable there is so much religious bollocks in all of this.

The most powerful people in the most powerful country in the world believe in fairy tales.

It's impossible to be elected president if you say you don't believe unfortunately
  • Options
    If he does well, he should have a sandwich named after him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I wish him all the very best .. let's see what he's done in four years time .. he's in office, that's a fact, the USA is our biggest friend and ally, Britain has to get along with him

This
    Whether we like it or not America is our closest Ally .
    If they prosper we prosper
    If they go tits up well
  • Options

This
    Whether we like it or not America is our closest Ally .
    If they prosper we prosper
    If they go tits up well
    I know you don't like it, but Europe is our closest ally, just because they speak the same language does not mean they want or need the same as us. The USA looks after the USA.
    And the EU looks after Germany and France
  • Options
    Controversial opinion time:

I have a degree of faith that the Trump that many people think exists, and actually voted for, doesn't exist. Whilst he's in office - if he remains so - he will be surprisingly competent and may actually do some good. He captivated the support of - racists aside - a share of the population which felt alienated from politics and as though their opportunities were no longer the same as they once were; he did this by:

- preying upon the manufacturing jobs that had been lost and claiming to take a strong stance on bringing jobs back to the US,

- providing a strong and vocal voice on issues such as Islamic terrorism, a voice expressed in terms so un-PC that no other politician would use them, (even if his opponents felt the same, they would always be more restrained.)

- positioning himself as a "Fuck you" to the very system that alienated these individuals.

Farage's influence on his campaign is pretty clear, and I'm quite surprised that no one has tried to subsequently implicate Farage with Russia to be entirely honest - not out of malice, but out of genuine curiousity as to how far their network overlaps. (A fringe politician in the UK being involved with the electoral campaign of the US President?! A tad bizarre.)

The only aspect that makes me think he needs to be investigated and potentially impeached is the allegations (and arguable proof) of Russian involvement/support. That's not to say his appointments have been particularly inspiring..

We live in interesting times.
  • Options
    I think a lot of people probably see what they want to see in Trump. We know he is far to the right of centre, and as a consequence many will paint him out to be all the things Democrats claim he is and then some.

I personally will wait a while and judge him on his actions as President

I think m he thinks he can end the conflict with Russia, which would make him the greatest president of all time arguably, but could also end in all of us dying.

Interesting times and all that
  • Options
    The majority of UK & US Press want all and sundry to dislike him. But I don't think that will ever happen. Slowly but surely the people on both sides of the pond are realising that many press outlets have their own agenda and they are being found out.

Good luck to President Trump.

• Options
    Can we not just merge this with the Brexit thread?