Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lewis Page and Jason Pearce at Bromley Addicks - 2 Feb 2017

Comments

• Options

cheers, good write up.

is it just me, but I wouldn't have recognised either of the two lads if they were stood next to me at the bar !

It all depends who's roound it is - I'm very observant when it's not mine....
  • Options
    Cheers Henry
  • Options
    We need a frontier psychiatrist
    If you know what that means.
  • Options
    Did you ask whether they support CARD and their thoughts on Katrien?
  • Options
    ....and what are their favourite colours?
  • Options
    ....and nail them with what are their favourite colours?
  • Options

Just remembered.

@soapboxsam asked both players how many of their contemporaries from U16 are still playing pro football.

Lewis said just two. Him and James Hallon?? who's on loan at Bradford from West Ham. And he's only 20. A few are in the states doing degrees and playing college football for the "crack"

Pearce said he's the only one left from his group at Portsmouth still in the pro game.

Which does put into perspective what the churn rate is at clubs. As @killerjerrylee said you'd expect rejects from West Ham to be playing in the football league but other than those two they aren't.

So much for the academy of football.

But it also goes to show what a wonderful academy that Roland has created over the years ...
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Did you ask whether they support CARD and their thoughts on Katrien?

No, because it's not really fair to put that to them imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks to Roly and the fantastic work he's done over the last 30 years building Charlton's reputation as progressive inclusive and ambitious footballing club that nurtures and develops talent.

Oh.

Instead, despise Duchatelet and what his ownership has done to the club. My son is near 7, his local mates and their parents wouldn't touch charlton as a club for their kids.

There is a 2-3 year gap in junior talent development that will only stop growing when the owner can rebuild what has been destroyed.
  • Options

More stuff I've just remembered. I must start taking notes.

Lewis and Jason both mentioned how important the psychological side of the game was.

At Wigan a psychologist worked with the players as a group with no coaches involved and Lewis said that quite a few players at West Ham see a psychologist one to one to work on positivity.

He mentioned a well known player who is working with one know to recover his confidence when playing. Lewis said it was a good thing and although he hadn't used a psychologist he would and saw nothing negative about doing so.

Thought it was a refreshing point of view from a young player and a sign of changing attitudes perhaps.

JP didn't think there is a psychologist available to players at Charlton.

Sports Psychology is growing all the time whilst sports science is developing too.

I am actually likely to do my university dissertation on the psychological effects of injury on football players. Doubt I will be able to speak to players such as Igor who has gone on record to say he even thought about quitting due to his injury, but it is such an interesting subject.

At Charlton in our first year back in the Championship, we did actually hire a psychologist called Sion Thomas, my sports psychology lecturer at university. His time spent at the club working with the players coincided with the run of form we hit at the back end of that season. I remember him telling us last year that he remembers how players such as Dorian Dervite had a number of one to one sessions and Chris Powell and his staff felt it had a very positive impact. Such as the state of the club at the time financially, and the fact they didn't have the relationship with the university at the time, we couldn't afford to keep a sports psychologist at the club.
  • Options
    as with most clubs the players have to sing a song as an initiation. There were six having to do it at Bolton. Lewis sang an R Kelly song. JFC was good, Anfernee Dijksteel wasn't according to Lewis
  • Options

cheers, good write up.

is it just me, but I wouldn't have recognised either of the two lads if they were stood next to me at the bar !

No, not just you. I had no idea what they looked like. I can still picture most of the Championship title squad.
  • Options

More stuff I've just remembered. I must start taking notes.

Lewis and Jason both mentioned how important the psychological side of the game was.

At Wigan a psychologist worked with the players as a group with no coaches involved and Lewis said that quite a few players at West Ham see a psychologist one to one to work on positivity.

He mentioned a well known player who is working with one know to recover his confidence when playing. Lewis said it was a good thing and although he hadn't used a psychologist he would and saw nothing negative about doing so.

Thought it was a refreshing point of view from a young player and a sign of changing attitudes perhaps.

JP didn't think there is a psychologist available to players at Charlton.

Andy Carroll, probably could do with it :)
  • Options
    Thought that was 'Claude' the Arsenal fan....
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Thought that was 'Claude' the Arsenal fan....

I can assure you the only Arsenal fans allowed at a Bromley Addicts meeting would be Johnnie Jackson or Chris Solly !!!
  • Options
    I bet the first half was better than the second half....
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

No, the plastics who left early missed all the juicy stuff I can't put on here as we'd be sued
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fumbluff said:

No, the plastics who left early missed all the juicy stuff I can't put on here as we'd be sued
    lols
  • Options
    It was stated that protests at Coventry had had a negative effect on the players and resulted in a reduction in the number of points gained.
  • Options

It was stated that protests at Coventry had had a negative effect on the players and resulted in a reduction in the number of points gained.

TBF to Lewis Page, he quoted one match when the opposition scored in
    added time because of the time lost to things/people on the pitch.
    Can't blame a 20 year old on loan worrying about the game and not the fact that Coventry football club are owned by a hated Hedge fund manager.
  • Options

TBF to Lewis Page, he quoted one match when the opposition scored in
    added time because of the time lost to things/people on the pitch.
    Can't blame a 20 year old on loan worrying about the game and not the fact that Coventry football club are owned by a hated Hedge fund manager.
    Yes, he was talking about Sheff U at home, when Cov fans invaded the pitch stopping the game.

When play resumed Billy Sharp scored an 87th minute winner.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38245834
  • Options

He also had to be reminded that he played in the flying pig protests so very much about the Coventry fans pitch invasions not Charlton protests before this desperately seized on as proof that the CARD protests had a negative effect.

He also said he threw a pig back into the crowd and hit someone by mistake for which he jokingly apologised.

He went off early injured in that game too.
    What, injured by a flying pig?!

• Options
    Yeah, it was the 'sisu and Duchatelet are great owners'

'Oh look over there a flying pig' injury.
  • Options

They look so young. Especially Pearce.
    Or is it just me?
    (Go easy @Henry Irving, or I'll get a complex)
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

They look so young. Especially Pearce.
    Or is it just me?
    (Go easy @Henry Irving, or I'll get a complex)
    Using your freedom pass to get to the game today Jim? : - )

Not just young but not an ounce of fat on them, even Novak
  • Options

_MrDick said:

Thanks for the 40 people who turned up who all seemed to enjoy it.

Your crowds are dwindling as much as Charlton's
    True but those not coming anymore aren't real Bromley Addicks. I'd rather have 40 real Bromley fans than plastic moaners from Sidcup or Bexley who only want to slag off the guests and want the branch to fail.
    As a former resident of Bromley myself, would I count as a Bromley Addick if I came along?