Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My favourite toy

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2017
    In the 60s there was this massive toy gun thing, think it might have been called a Johnny 7 or something like that. Never had one, but it looked great!
    Just googled it, collector's item now.....image
  • Options
    We were in Jamaica on holiday in 1997 and my 4 year old son was in the bath before bedtime getting over friendly for a 4 year old with his privates when I asked him to please leave it alone.
    He replied, "But Daddy, it's my favourite toy" - enough said, I thought - like father, like son.
  • Options
    3blokes said:

In the 60s there was this massive toy gun thing, think it might have been called a Johnny 7 or something like that. Never had one, but it looked great!

Did you miss the first page of the thread?

• Options
    Airfix, reveal and Tamika. Loved building plastic kits.

What's the difference betweeen Roland Duchatelet and an airfix model with no polystyrene cement? One is a glueless kit........
  • Options
    Still love this and still have it
  • Options

Any sort of car really. Some of these posts bringing back some very happy memories
  • Options
    How could I forget this?
  • Options
    and this .....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Final and this!...
  • Options
    Stig said:

Did anyone else have any of this?

I had stacks of it and it was great fun. I never knew anyone else who did, though. My mum bought a job lot of it second-hand at an auction. If you look carefully at the picture you'll see that there are metal rods sticking up from the base; these hold the bricks in place. At some point in time, the powers that be declared that it was not best practice to have children's toys consisting of rows of upright metal spikes and it got withdrawn from the market. That explains why even in the seventies, when the likes of Jimmy Saville and Rolf Harris were considered safe around children, my mates never had the pleasure of owning their own Bayko set. It's health and safety gone mad!

That's better than a lot of architectural models as seen on Grand Designs.
    When I win the lottery I might be using that in my presentation to Kevin McCloud and Channel 4. I won't be having the red render though.
  • Options

How could I forget this?

I've still got mine, as well as one of my other favourites.

• Options
    McBobbin said:

One of mine. Saw these in a museum which made me feel ancient

Wow I remember them toys!
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

I love this! Get a tackle right and the other player would end up out the ground and on the floor!
  • Options
    These cars where my favourite things! I lost them all or broke them! But I bought these from eBay, just for the memories
  • Options
    Addickted said:

3blokes said:

Did you miss the first page of the thread?

Yes didn't see that! :smile:
    *Asks shyly, have you still got it?*
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Uboat said:

More like this half the time:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    edited January 2017

I had one of these and loved it. What I never understood was why it was green. It was White in the TV series. Also Dinky made a blue thunderbird 2 when everybody knew it was green. Still great toys though. Also loved my Space 1999 eagle which was the right colour, although I think they did do some in teh wrong colours too!
  • Options
    edited January 2017

That looks like some kind of Cold War Soviet dildo.
  • Options

The like was for the book, the rest was just junk ;)
  • Options

That looks like some kind of Cold War Soviet dildo.
    Da tovarisch, just press the button on the side and boom, your covered in fallout.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Shocked no one's posted this.

Mighty mini coopers for me.
  • Options

Always wanted this......had to make do with Scalextric

Poo - can't get pic to work......TCR.

Did you ever play TCR? My cousin had it, it was rubbish.
  • Options
    Jacko skates