Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2017

Comments

• Options
    Sussex need less than 300 to win now.....
  • Options
    Stevens has clearly been coaching Messrs Parnell and Rabada on how to bowl in English conditions!
  • Options
    215-7 Wiese out b Harris 34
  • Options
    Sussex 255-7. Less than 250 needed now....
  • Options
    268-8
  • Options
    Struggling to get them out, you'd think these would be ideal bowling conditions.
  • Options

268-8

Good knock that by Burgess the reserve keeper
  • Options
    Sussex need less than 200 now....
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Sussex 312-8 at lunch chasing 504
  • Options
    312-8 at lunch. Another 192 needed and this 9th wicket stand between Philander (47*) and Archer (27*) has put on 49.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Match delayed by rain
  • Options
    Play due to restart at 2.00
  • Options
    312-9 Archer lbw b Harris 27
  • Options
    Well done boys. Just a shame that two other counties keep winning too. Still it's in our hands.
  • Options
    Excellent result! 4 wickets for Harris and 3 for Coles not forgetting Denly's 2 yesterday.

The matches against Worcs and Notts will be key.
  • Options
    Good result (in the end :-) ). Would have made them bat again, but keeps the pressure on the other two. Looks as if it's going to be an exciting season.
  • Options
    Very good result and I hope it won't be like last season with Essex staying the course, still early doors yet.
  • Options
    Been en route to Devon.

Another great result in the proper format !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank fuck the rain didn't win
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Aaah. That sprinkle of rain would have been due to my opening the previous day's paper to check on our match...

Can't believe I'm still capable of influencing Kent's fortunes , albeit from cloudy Tenerife !
  • Options

LenGlover said:
    Aaah. That sprinkle of rain would have been due to my opening the previous day's paper to check on our match...

Can't believe I'm still capable of influencing Kent's fortunes , albeit from cloudy Tenerife !
    Brings back memories of my worst episode of sunburn - as a naive 18 year old on my first holiday away with the lads I was fooled into thinking that the clouds would protect me against such an eventuality!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I thought there should be at least one 'thanks, Sussex' post tonight. Your rabbits did you proud today.
  • Options

I thought there should be at least one 'thanks, Sussex' post tonight. Your rabbits did you proud today.

A very good batting performance. I notice that Notts had a relatively poor day as well, if neither Notts or Worcs were to win, that would be a massive bonus
  • Options

A very good batting performance. I notice that Notts had a relatively poor day as well, if neither Notts or Worcs were to win, that would be a massive bonus
    From what I saw today, Worcestershire's bowling looked very ordinary. I'm surprised they have won 4 out of 4. Day 2 will tell us more.
  • Options
    Having had a quick look at the fixtures we only play Notts and Worc once each, both away back to back. Also I note the Worc game overlaps an England Lions game. I presume that DBD will not be playing v Worc.
  • Options
    I noticed this. Sussex have drawn (or be given) the short straw with two games v Kent, Notts and Worcs
  • Options
    redman said:

Having had a quick look at the fixtures we only play Notts and Worc once each, both away back to back. Also I note the Worc game overlaps an England Lions game. I presume that DBD will not be playing v Worc.

It's a strange sport Cricket, the way international call ups and T20 tournaments can affect teams in potentially crucial matches. Notts for their current match are not only missing Jake Ball and Pattinson due to the CT, but also Broad as the ECB asked for him to be rested. While Kent have barely seen Billings in 2 months
  • Options
    I agree, @killerandflash. Teams that have players on the fringe of England have most problems, in my opinion. Yorkshire know they will hardly see Root - and, if they do, it's a bonus. If a player is on the fringe, it's hard to budget for a replacement. Imagine if this went on in football.