Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shares Thread for the next Gordon Gekko's

15678911»

Comments

• Since this thread resurfaced Tesla crashed 15% in the last week after Elon sold a big chunk of his shares following a twitter poll  :D and Coinbase took a big dip after it released its Q3 reports!

If you've got some spare change down the back of the sofa it would probably be a good time to put it into Tesla as it's likely the share will bounce back to its previous level soonish
    Moral of the story is to not post stock purchases on this thread lol....Tesla has come back somewhat but the big boys are gearing up for their EV vehicles although the microchip shortage has halted some of the production. Rivian is an interesting one as they are backed by Amazon and Ford and already have an order for 100,000 amazon trucks.  
  • ct_addick said:
    Since this thread resurfaced Tesla crashed 15% in the last week after Elon sold a big chunk of his shares following a twitter poll  :D and Coinbase took a big dip after it released its Q3 reports!

If you've got some spare change down the back of the sofa it would probably be a good time to put it into Tesla as it's likely the share will bounce back to its previous level soonish
    Moral of the story is to not post stock purchases on this thread lol....Tesla has come back somewhat but the big boys are gearing up for their EV vehicles although the microchip shortage has halted some of the production. Rivian is an interesting one as they are backed by Amazon and Ford and already have an order for 100,000 amazon trucks.  
    Funny you say that as Rivian is back down 15% today  :D

I agree theyre an interesting one though
  • ct_addick said:
    Since this thread resurfaced Tesla crashed 15% in the last week after Elon sold a big chunk of his shares following a twitter poll  :D and Coinbase took a big dip after it released its Q3 reports!

The curse of the Gordon Gekko thread lol.....Buying opportunity ? 
  • ct_addick said:
    ct_addick said:

Still massively overvalued atm surely - over 100b market cap for a company that has sold as many cars as me (0).
  • arny23394 said:
    ct_addick said:
    ct_addick said:

Still massively overvalued atm surely - over 100b market cap for a company that has sold as many cars as me (0).
    Yeah think it will come down to near IPO level $80-$90
  • ct_addick said:
    ct_addick said:

Watching the price of these with interest. Product looks very good, and Amazon/Ford holdings suggest substance, although the price will bounce about a lot in the near future. Considering just a handful in my SIPP, but if I do they will form a very small percentage.
  • Silver shares and Gordon Gekko cannot mend this heart of mine
  • I freely admit to knowing absolutely nothing about shares/stock market. However I'm on a LTIP (long term investment plan) with my firm whereby for the past few years they've been giving me shares each year and I can check them in an online account..it ties me into the company by the looks of it, but there are some ridiculous numbers in there and my companies share price is only going one way
  • I freely admit to knowing absolutely nothing about shares/stock market. However I'm on a LTIP (long term investment plan) with my firm whereby for the past few years they've been giving me shares each year and I can check them in an online account..it ties me into the company by the looks of it, but there are some ridiculous numbers in there and my companies share price is only going one way
    Well, that's excellent. But a word of caution. In short, eggs and baskets.

I'm sure Lehman Brothers staff thought their shares were also "only going one way". They were strongly encouraged to take up stock in the company by senior management. When Lehman's crashed spectacularly overnight, the staff lost not only their jobs but also over $10bn worth of savings. 

Have some funds in your own company, for sure, but diversification is king.
  • Sponsored links:

• to be clear, I've not paid a penny for these and they are in addition to annual bonuses etc....they appear to vest after a few years and looks like they are now beginning to do so. the website baffles me to be honest ;)
  • edited April 2023
    to be clear, I've not paid a penny for these and they are in addition to annual bonuses etc....they appear to vest after a few years and looks like they are now beginning to do so. the website baffles me to be honest ;)
    Yes, that sounds about normal for this kind of set up. 
    The general consensus seems to be to hold no more than 10% of your total portfolio in your own company. (Some experts recommend nothing at all. But that can't really apply to freebies.)
    So, if you feel you are a little top-heavy, whenever you are able, take the opportunity to sell off some shares and use the funds to acquire something different in a different sector altogether. 
    Here's an article on the topic - American but sets out the general  issues. https://www.finra.org/investors/insights/love-my-company-love-stock-beware-concentration-risk
  • large gap for ZYNEX overnight, down 30%. Worth a short term punt?
  • large gap for ZYNEX overnight, down 30%. Worth a short term punt?
    I'm sure TS would agree.
  • What's the best app/platform to use? 
  • edited May 2023
    large gap for ZYNEX overnight, down 30%. Worth a short term punt?
    though the weekly looks horrible. Dat wick lol
  • As mentioned elsewhere, took a punt on these. Assuming whatever the fuck Sangaard and RBC thought they were doing can be ironed out with the institutions, hope this will gap fill. Reckon it’s worth a 3 month, until next earnings release, punt. 
  • As mentioned elsewhere, took a punt on these. Assuming whatever the fuck Sangaard and RBC thought they were doing can be ironed out with the institutions, hope this will gap fill. Reckon it’s worth a 3 month, until next earnings release, punt. 
    A bold move - good luck. I'd be tempted if i didn't already have a handful. Just in profit too until Tommy opened his big fat stupid mouth.
  • IdleHans said:
    As mentioned elsewhere, took a punt on these. Assuming whatever the fuck Sangaard and RBC thought they were doing can be ironed out with the institutions, hope this will gap fill. Reckon it’s worth a 3 month, until next earnings release, punt. 
    A bold move - good luck. I'd be tempted if i didn't already have a handful. Just in profit too until Tommy opened his big fat stupid mouth.
    Love it - 'bold move' - very Bobby Axelrod.

I've been in and out of these a few times and just about above water overall.  Usually I lose patience but I think I'll tough this out until next earnings release.
  • IdleHans said:
    As mentioned elsewhere, took a punt on these. Assuming whatever the fuck Sangaard and RBC thought they were doing can be ironed out with the institutions, hope this will gap fill. Reckon it’s worth a 3 month, until next earnings release, punt. 

I've been in and out of these a few times and just about above water overall.  Usually I lose patience but I think I'll tough this out until next earnings release.
    I think the fundamentals are pretty good and the rate of growth is consistently strong, so the prospects should be very positive. I just dont trust TS not to screw things up further with ill-considered announcements, certainly not enough to buy more, despite the attractive price.
    The delayed results announcement following the death of his mother was absolutely fair enough, but this last one was unforgiveable. I think the share price might take time to recover as presumably TS still wants to offload millions of shares and that'll depress the price until it's out of the way.

• Sponsored links:

• IdleHans said:
    IdleHans said:

I think the fundamentals are pretty good and the rate of growth is consistently strong, so the prospects should be very positive. I just dont trust TS not to screw things up further with ill-considered announcements, certainly not enough to buy more, despite the attractive price.
    The delayed results announcement following the death of his mother was absolutely fair enough, but this last one was unforgiveable. I think the share price might take time to recover as presumably TS still wants to offload millions of shares and that'll depress the price until it's out of the way.

Looks like TS is buying back in ahead of the next quarterly earnings, and presumably in anticipation of receipt of funds from the consortium.  

This one certainly needed patience!  From his point of view, he could convince himself he hasn't lost money on Charlton - he sold high and he's buying back in low.