Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• People already treating him like he has left and therefore taking down his talent. The kid seems to have his head screwed on and if he continues to work hard he will be a great player. I don't imagine we will get too much of this cash to reinvest into the team and imagine that's why Jacko is there in Belgium to explain just how much we need reinforcements
  • Some people on here are either insane or nothug about football. He'll continue to be a brilliant player. Honestly it troubles me that we get an amazing exciting young player ans all people can do is moan a out him.

He is clearly very talented, but he's also very raw and it's certainly no certainty that he'll succeed in the PL
  • cfgs said:

What annoys me is that it seems Lookman will depart as soon as the window opens, yet we are still in the planning stage. When will we ever be proactive rather than reactive?

Exactly. Everton have the scouting, clearance to buy and funds in place, offer on the table and contract to the player... ready to sew up the deal on day one of the window.

Meanwhile, Karl is leading a foraging party out to Belgium as the window opens, trying to persuade our owner to spend a fraction of what he will get for our best player. Even if RD agrees, that leaves us well behind everyone else in the recruitment process, and we'll have another window where we hear a lot of names mentioned, but see very little transpire.

Useless bunch of chancers.
  • iamdan said:

From a fairly reliable source, Ade cousin, is that he doesn't want to leave because he wants first team football. So the sun story 'wanted first team assurances' may ring true..

My son spoke and can confirm this. Shame as RD will just cash in and ignore what the player wants, especially as we "Don't need the money"
  • Some people on here are either insane or nothug about football. He'll continue to be a brilliant player. Honestly it troubles me that we get an amazing exciting young player ans all people can do is moan a out him.

He is clearly very talented, but he's also very raw and it's certainly no certainty that he'll succeed in the PL
    If and when he's gone, I wouldn't give a flying one if he doesn't make it in the PL, selfish view I know.
  • DA9 said:

Some people on here are either insane or nothug about football. He'll continue to be a brilliant player. Honestly it troubles me that we get an amazing exciting young player ans all people can do is moan a out him.

If and when he's gone, I wouldn't give a flying one if he doesn't make it in the PL, selfish view I know.
    The selfish view would be to hope he's a huge success so we get more payments on apps, goals caps and sell on.
  • cfgs said:

What annoys me is that it seems Lookman will depart as soon as the window opens, yet we are still in the planning stage. When will we ever be proactive rather than reactive?

This I expect us to wait until Jan 31st to announce our first signing.
  • DA9 said:

Some people on here are either insane or nothug about football. He'll continue to be a brilliant player. Honestly it troubles me that we get an amazing exciting young player ans all people can do is moan a out him.

The selfish view would be to hope he's a huge success so we get more payments on apps, goals caps and sell on.
    For that to be the prudent view, you would have to assume that those are the T&C's of the deal, but we are not dealing with normal negotiators.
  • edited December 2016

DA9 said:

The selfish view would be to hope he's a huge success so Roland get more payments on apps, goals caps and sell on.
    Fixed for you.
  • Sponsored links:

We deserve all the shite we get ! People can't appreciate talent, so it's lucky that we very rarely get any of it
  • This sale will push up the prices we are asked to pay for players. Clubs will assume we have money to spend and RD won't want to spend it.
  • cafc999 said:

iamdan said:

From a fairly reliable source, Ade cousin, is that he doesn't want to leave because he wants first team football. So the sun story 'wanted first team assurances' may ring true..

My son spoke and can confirm this. Shame as RD will just cash in and ignore what the player wants, especially as we "Don't need the money"
    Can the player just say he wants to stay and play first team football? He can't just be sold without him having any input.

• edited December 2016
    iaitch said:

cafc999 said:

iamdan said:

Can the player just say he wants to stay and play first team football? He can't just be sold without him having any input.

In theory yes, in reality no. If the club want to sell him on then in most instances he will go. In his position, would you want to stay? The lure of a big pay rise and time at a Premier League club,even if appearances are few and he is loaned out,has to be better for him than playing in a failing team in front of empty stands under a succession of managers who seem uncertain what tactics they want to play.
  • Don't worry we got Tony Watt coming back.
  • mogodon said:

iaitch said:

cafc999 said:

iamdan said:

In theory yes, in reality no. If the club want to sell him on then in most instances he will go. In his position, would you want to stay? The lure of a big pay rise and time at a Premier League club,even if appearances are few and he is loaned out,has to be better for him than playing in a failing team in front of empty stands under a succession of managers who seem uncertain what tactics they want to play.
    Also, if he hasn't put in a transfer request, he will get the remainder of his contract paid to him.
  • Don't worry we got Tony Watt coming back.

I was feeling positive about this situation until you added that
  • Amazing people can moan about Lookman - a really good young player who can go far in the game with the right coaching, which he'll no doubt get from Koeman
  • If you were Everton, would you rather buy this guy or Lookman (of course you may not have the choice)

Kasper Dolberg, Ajax

The latest in a long line of Danish teenagers to emerge from Ajax’s academy, Dolberg shot to prominence in November after scoring a hat-trick against NAC Breda in 37 minutes, including an impudent flick header that drew comparisons with Marco van Basten. “I see many similarities,” Dolberg’s father Flemming immodestly said. “If he goes like him that’s very good, of course. They are the same size, same speed and both have a good shot.” Everton have been strongly linked with an approach for the 19-year-old in January but the bad news for Ronald Koeman is that bigger fish are starting to circulate for him and the talented midfielder Riechedly Bazoer, with Manchester City, Juventus and Napoli all sending scouts to recent matches. Estimated value £10m

I reckon Dolberg would be more than £10m. Scoring goals in the Eredivisie. Ok, not what it was, but his pedigree will look higher than Lookman's thus far, especially with assorted European teams after him and Ajax's other latest crop of talent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Brilliant young player, but if £4million up front helps get us promoted (not under these cunts it won't) then I'd rip your arm off for it.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Brilliant young player, but if £4million up front helps get us promoted (not under these cunts it won't) then I'd rip your arm off for it.

Agree. If you had normal owners who wanted the club to progress, selling one player and replacing with 4-5 like we did for Jenkinson would make great sense. If that one prized asset got injured then relying on your one bright light would be foolish.

It's whether they do spend any though and who they entrust to choose those players. Driesen and that Northern Irish bloke most probably!
  • They did say we will be watching premiership stars of the future. How much money have they made so far from selling players.
  • DA9 said:

Well let's hope he isn't a success until after Roly has gone, so we don't just line his pockets :wink:
  • They did say we will be watching premiership stars of the future. How much money have they made so far from selling players.

Made? Nothing. The fees so far are a long way from covering their overall losses.
  • Why the bloody hell does everyone else seem to get a loan back but us. Didn't Alli go back to Mk for a season?

Loan-backs are actually quite rare.
  • Fox to Sheffield Wednesday rumours alive again. Providing it's a decent fee it's a good move for everyone I'd say.

Not as much as they have spent on dog s***.