Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darts

Comments

• Options
    She is very impressive on the doubles, has moments high scoring but cant really sustain it. Still averaging above 90, you never know but Dobey is playing well so will probably win still. Great effort regardless
    Dobey now leads 3-2

104, 142, and 124 checkouts from Fallon.

Scoring stats:

• Options
    Got to hand it to Chris Dobey. Well played mate.
    Well played Fallon.
  • Options
    All over, Dobey wins 4-2.
  • Options
    Great darts from Dobey, especially given the pressure.
  • Options
    Well done Fallon Sherrock, great tournament and shows she can compete with the best of them. To beat Mensur anyday is some achievement. The atmosphere and buzz she created can only be good for darts. Also well done Dobey, it must be very tough to play someone with everyone rooting against you. Took a 100 average to beat the lady her doubles were brilliant in every game, possible spot in the Premier league? although I think that might be a different story with the level of players.
  • Options
    Well done Fallon Sherrock, great tournament and shows she can compete with the best of them. To beat Mensur anyday is some achievement. The atmosphere and buzz she created can only be good for darts. Also well done Dobey, it must be very tough to play someone with everyone rooting against you. Took a 100 average to beat the lady her doubles were brilliant in every game, possible spot in the Premier league? although I think that might be a different story with the level of players.
    I think the only way Fallon will get a spot in the 2020 Premier League will be if the PDC decides to continue with the "Contenders" format that they rushed in last year when Gary Anderson pulled out through injury i.e. 9 regular players and a guest in each of the first nine weeks.
  • Options
    I think the only way Fallon will get a spot in the 2020 Premier League will be if the PDC decides to continue with the "Contenders" format that they rushed in last year when Gary Anderson pulled out through injury i.e. 9 regular players and a guest in each of the first nine weeks.

They have a couple of wild cards, it is possible given the amount of media interest she has received. Personally I think it would be a backwards step as most people struggle the first year round getting used to the format and constant travelling, fingers crossed she isn't picked. Although it wouldn't be a surprise if she was.
  • Options

They have a couple of wild cards, it is possible given the amount of media interest she has received. Personally I think it would be a backwards step as most people struggle the first year round getting used to the format and constant travelling, fingers crossed she isn't picked. Although it wouldn't be a surprise if she was.
    The top four in the Order of Merit qualify for the Premier League, the PDC have four wildcards, Sky have two.

The top four are likely to be MvG, Rob Cross, Gerwyn Price, and Gary Anderson - Cross is the vulnerable one in this group after his early departure from the World Championship and losing the ranking points from his win two years ago. Even if he doesn't qualify automatically he's likely to be part of the PDC's wildcards.

Possible PDC wildcards: Michael Smith, Daryl Gurney, Peter Wright + one other.

As Barney has retired (a regular Sky wildcard as he slowly slipped down the rankings) I can see one of the three remaining wildcards going to one of the young Dutch/Belgian/German players - there's a double-header in Rotterdam (Rounds 8 and 9 - Judgement Night) and one in Berlin in Phase 2.

Dimitri Van Den Bergh is always a popular player, Max Hopp is the best of the Germans, and the Dutch contingent is headed by Wattimena and de Zwaan.

I'd like to think that Glen Durrant will get a spot (still going strong at Ally Pally after seeing off Gurney, got Chris Dobey in the Fourth Round) and Nathan Aspinall must be close.

I'm not sure one tournament is enough to propel Fallon into the Premier League. Will she be tempted to qualify for a PDC tour card and give it a proper go next year? If she does and makes a half-decent fist of it then Premier League 2021 may open up for her.
  • Options

I know, but exceptional circumstances sky or PDC could give a wildcard. The coverage she has got in the media has been mental, opening up new doors/marketing for the sport.

I think 50/50 chance, but I hope they don't, no disrespect but as you say its one tournament and also completely different kettle of fish and I cant see her gaining much from it. Although its good to test yourself but get a battering week in week out  maybe they bring back the contenders again but I didn't like that either.

• Options
    Ok. I’m just going to put it out there:
    I can’t stand Gerwyn Price. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Be surprised to see anyone who feels differently.  
  • Options
    6 of us going tomorrow. Dartastic.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Price is one of a very small group of dart players, alongside Wade and Adrian Lewis, that I hope get their arses handed to them on a plate every time they play. I don't like the way they conduct themselves on stage or in interviews. Gurney used to be in that group but he's improved over the last couple of years.

I hope that Snakey can put Gezzy back in his box this evening.

I've got my fingers crossed too for Nathan Aspinall against MvG; I've got a lot of time for him.
  • Options
    Hoping for MvG vs Price in the final. They are probably the two best players and should make for an epic final.
  • Options
    Bit of needle between Price & Wright.  Love it
  • Options

I used to be like that, now I don't mind him too much. Also now he is more consistent and one of the best players he is good to watch when playing well. Had a feeling Wright would beat him last night as Price had played the previous 3-4 days so it must take a lot of him, also Wright has been playing very well and hit some form.

Final Wright vs MVG, really depends what MVG turns up for me, on form Wright will win. MVG has struggled and barely hitting 100 averages which is the norm, so I would go for the underdog but if the real Michael turns up we could be in for a cracker.

• Options
    And then didn't even shake Wright's hand after he lost. Bellend.
  • Options
    And then didn't even shake Wright's hand after he lost. Bellend.

I get why people don't like him, I also didn't probably until recently. Not saying one of my faves but I don't hate him as much anymore lol
  • Options
    So he said before the game he would win first two sets and then when his opponent won the first set and celebrated he was upset ?

small man syndrome. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

BDO championship is struggling. 
    Announced they have got to reduce prize money by 85% due to poor ticket sales and no sponsor. 

• Options
    Perfect example of why people don't like him here.

Quick question on this..

I am using a PC at work and twitter is blocked so I thought ok I’m going to go on my phone to have a look at this.

When I load it up on my phone the link isn’t there at all? (See attached)

Does anybody know why this is? 

• Options
    The problem is that Price has too many of this kind of incident.

He's happy to dish it out to all and sundry but then cracks the sads when someone has the nerve to fire a volley towards him.

Regardless of what had happened on stage earlier in the match, to walk off without even a cursory handshake was poor.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Announced they have got to reduce prize money by 85% due to poor ticket sales and no sponsor. 

I think the BDO will fold after the world championship
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

Sad but probably true.  Any idea on why the ticket sales are so low for this, seemed to be much better attendance at Lakeside.
  • Options
    I see Fallon has just pulled out of the BDO women’s too
  • Options
    I see Fallon has just pulled out of the BDO women’s too
    Probably part of the deal for her to play in the world series of darts events next year
  • Options
    Superb performance from Wright, destroying MVG.
  • Options
    Yes, well played Peter Wright, thoroughly deserved.