Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Muslims Like Us

Comments

• Options

Not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslims......well, broadly speaking as things are in the world right now that is.

Nonsense.
    Well Henry.....I did say 'broadly speaking' as things are today.....not precisely acurate I know, but can you please tell me of any other group/organisation etc, that come even remotely close to them by number....then I might have some other understanding as to why you call it nonsense?

Read the article
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Rob said:

And polls are an accurate guideline, right? Hmm. Let's look back and see what happened for Brexit and the USA election.
    the brexit and us election polls were marginally out wasnt a landslide so instead of 52% it maybe 42% thats 4 out of 10, 2.6 million muslims in uk 1,092,000 think homosexuality should be illegal. thats quite a lot of people.
    In a survey in 2013 it was found that 22% of the adult population of the UK believed that same sex relationships were 'always wrong'. So that's about 13 million and even if 'all' muslims were against same sex relationships it would mean over 10 million non-muslims were also. That's quite a lot of people!
    but isn't this is a discussion/thread/argument on muslims?, 10 people there and 1 of them is against homosexuality, looking at polls 4 out of 10 would be more accurate - so when i said its not an accurate portrayal of Muslims and got criticized i was correct at no point did i say all other faiths/non believers werent against homosexuality. but as the thread title suggests its about muslims specifically.
  • Options

Not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslims......well, broadly speaking as things are in the world right now that is.

Nonsense.
    Well Henry.....I did say 'broadly speaking' as things are today.....not precisely acurate I know, but can you please tell me of any other group/organisation etc, that come even remotely close to them by number....then I might have some other understanding as to why you call it nonsense?

Dont really cause trouble anymore but the IRA were surely just as bad?

My Dad used to work at the Ministry of Defence and before leaving work everyday had to check under his car for anything suspicious
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Nonsense.

Read the article
    Henry.....I've asked you to explain, not an article I'm not particularly interested in right now.
    And anyway, I don't believe everything I read any more than you do.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Nonsense.

Dont really cause trouble anymore but the IRA were surely just as bad?

My Dad used to work at the Ministry of Defence and before leaving work everyday had to check under his car for anything suspicious
    True.....but I'm talking about 'today's' active terrorist groups...and make no mistake the IRA numbers never came remotely close to the numbers we see from various Islamic organisations/cells today throughout the world.

• Options
    Why not just read the article? The answers are in there.
  • Options
    Once again true AUN.....but I'm not talking about British Muslims in isolation.....I'm talking about world wide groups.
    Those working in the anti terrorism field would no doubt have a very different take on that......you didn't actually sound that convinced yourself, if you don't mind me saying so.
  • Options

Ermmmm Gary, those are the answers for British based Muslims.....I'm talking about the entire planet mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ermmmm Gary, those are the answers for British based Muslims.....I'm talking about the entire planet mate.
    The article, if you bothered to read it, it about more than the UK.
  • Options

Errmmmmm read the article!!!!
  • Options
    So if I read the article I'll change my opinion, is that what you're saying?
  • Options
    "So here are some statistics for those interested. Let’s start with Europe. Want to guess what percent of the terrorist attacks there were committed by Muslims over the past five years? Wrong. That is, unless you said less than 2 percent.

As Europol, the European Union’s law-enforcement agency, noted in its report released last year, the vast majority of terror attacks in Europe were perpetrated by separatist groups. For example, in 2013, there were 152 terror attacks in Europe. Only two of them were “religiously motivated,” while 84 were predicated upon ethno-nationalist or separatist beliefs.

We are talking about groups like France’s FLNC, which advocates an independent nation for the island of Corsica. In December 2013, FLNC terrorists carried out simultaneous rocket attacks against police stations in two French cities.
    And in Greece in late 2013, the left-wing Militant Popular Revolutionary Forces shot and killed two members of the right-wing political party Golden Dawn. While over in Italy, the anarchist group FAI engaged in numerous terror attacks including sending a bomb to a journalist. And the list goes on and on."
  • Options
    You've got to be on a wind up.

Why not read the article and then decide if your statement earlier is still as broadly spoken. It speaks of terrorism that I had no idea was taking place around the world.
  • Options

Most likely not as you've clearly convinced yourself you are right and won't read/listen to anything that challenges that.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Here from the argument alert thread........

grass alert
  • Options
    edited December 2016
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Take a bunch of strangers - bully: check, neurotic: check; homosexual: check, etc - put them in a house and film them.
    Watch them argue and cry, and decide most of them are arseholes.
    Muslims - like us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Militant Popular Revolutionary Forces?

Splitters.

Everyone knows that the only real opposition to Golden Dawn is the Militant Peoples Revolutionary Forces.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

@SoundAsa£. Despite the big atrocities committed indiscriminately against European citizens over the passed five years or so, I think if you read the article, there was actually hundreds of identified terrorist attacks in the same period, committed by non Muslims throughout Europe.

From people like Anders Breivik killing 77 people in Norway back in 2011, through to the murder of Jo Cox by Thomas Maire this year in Yorkshire.

And despite the general success of the Good Friday Agreement, there have been hundreds of terrorist attacks in the Province from both sides. I'm sure @NornIrishAddick could roll off a list of them.
  • Options
    I thought it was the sequel to Spies Like Us.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Take a bunch of strangers - bully: check, neurotic: check; homosexual: check, etc - put them in a house and film them.
    Watch them argue and cry, and decide most of them are arseholes.
    Muslims - like us.

Indeed.

The 'us' in italics (I assume) is to demonstrate that there is no definition of 'us' in terms of attitude and behaviour .......regardless of religion or beliefs.

• Options

bobmunro said:

Rob said:

And polls are an accurate guideline, right? Hmm. Let's look back and see what happened for Brexit and the USA election.
    the brexit and us election polls were marginally out wasnt a landslide so instead of 52% it maybe 42% thats 4 out of 10, 2.6 million muslims in uk 1,092,000 think homosexuality should be illegal. thats quite a lot of people.
    In a survey in 2013 it was found that 22% of the adult population of the UK believed that same sex relationships were 'always wrong'. So that's about 13 million and even if 'all' muslims were against same sex relationships it would mean over 10 million non-muslims were also. That's quite a lot of people!
    but isn't this is a discussion/thread/argument on muslims?, 10 people there and 1 of them is against homosexuality, looking at polls 4 out of 10 would be more accurate - so when i said its not an accurate portrayal of Muslims and got criticized i was correct at no point did i say all other faiths/non believers werent against homosexuality. but as the thread title suggests its about muslims specifically.
    4 out of 10. But its not just Muslims who are anti Gay. One of my best mates does not like seeing gay men holding hands or kissing in public, as he says it 'turns my stomach', however he doesn't 'hate' gay men, and is a non violent person so he certainly would not attack gay men verbally, he's not Muslim and does not follow any religion, so I guess in a lot of cases religion is easy to blame.
    He does however, love watching a bit of Lesbian frankie, I dont know what that says about him......?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

IA said:

cafc-west said:

When I saw the thread title I thought it was going to be about a Charlton Muslim following...

Well everyone knows Charlton are Shiite.
    Sunni(er) days will return - I'm sure.
    Not sure they will if we have to many more 0-0 druze.
  • Options

cabbles said:

Here from the argument alert thread........

grass alert
    You really don't like that thread do you Henners. HaHa