Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Name 5 products that you have carried on using for most of your life.

124»

Comments

• Options
    On the flip side I've not bought anything from Tesco for around 18 years. Long story, but I'm punishing them.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    1) Royal Beluga caviar
    2) Taittinger Champagne (preferably a '65)
    3) Barbour
    4) Land Rover
    5) Rand Refinery Krugerrands
  • Options
    1 Boss effects pedals
    2 Status basses
    3 Fender guitars
    4 Oxo
    5 Jaffa Cakes
  • Options
    rikofold said:

On the flip side I've not bought anything from Tesco for around 18 years. Long story, but I'm punishing them.

We refuse to patronise Pizza Hut in principle. Which is a shame cos I really like their pizza. All stems from a family holiday to Scotland four years ago when our youngest, then 9, found a couple of hairs on his pizza. Given that they weren't head hairs we were somewhat disgusted and concerned.
  • Options
    Tend not to be particularly brand loyal, but these are things I have certainly stuck with.

Marmite
    BBC
    Private Eye
    Ford cars (not really thought about why but they're all I've had for the last 20 years. Cheap n cheerful)
    Dawes bicycles (again, only had two, but kept me going for the last 25 years or so)
  • Options
    36 years old (the below for as long as I can remember)

1) Cadbury Roses at Christmas (sorry Henners!)
    2) Marmite
    3) Pears Soap
    4) Ribena
    5) Bisto Gravy
  • Options

rikofold said:

We refuse to patronise Pizza Hut in principle. Which is a shame cos I really like their pizza. All stems from a family holiday to Scotland four years ago when our youngest, then 9, found a couple of hairs on his pizza. Given that they weren't head hairs we were somewhat disgusted and concerned.
    Yeah I remember this.

It was part of their ill advised pube stuffed crust promotion I believe?!?
  • Options
    Marmite
    Pg tips
    Heinz baked beans
    Deep heat
    Durex condoms
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

Redskin said:

Trumper's badger hair shaving brush - oh oh
    Le Creuset casserole
    John Smedley knitwear
    American hard gums
    Coleman's mustard

Another Smedley wearer. Got maybe 20 or so Smedleys. Although my badger's hair shaving brush is Truefitt & Hill. Use it every day with either Taylors, Truefitt or Penhaligons shaving soap. We also have a full set of Le Creuset. In red. First world problems.
    I've gone over to Taylors in the last few years for shaving soap, combs and 'scent'. Trumper was never the same after they moved from their original shop. I've had their shaving brush for 20 yrs now, and it's as good as new.
    As for the rest; selvedge denim, Redwing boots and many years ago when I drummed, Paiste cymbals, but Trickers only for brogues and Oxfords.
    With all those kits, you weren't the Oasis drummer, were you? I think he was a Charlton fan.

• Options
    - Black & White
    - Adidas Copa Mundials
    - GAP Hoodies
    - Whisper
    - PG Tips
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vegemite
    Colemans mustard
    Rice Krispies
    Independent newspaper
    Youngs ordinary
  • Options
    Daily Telegraph (only on a Saturday, mind you)
    Brakspears ordinary
    De Cecco pasta
    Persil (no idea why)
    Tanqueray
  • Options
    Gosh this took some serious thought:

Marmite
    Logic Pro/Mac
    Various guitars
    Various cheeses
    Hai Karate
  • Options
    Haribo
  • Options

Haribo

Is that you Kevin Webster?
  • Options
    Redskin said:

hawksmoor said:

Redskin said:

Trumper's badger hair shaving brush - oh oh
    Le Creuset casserole
    John Smedley knitwear
    American hard gums
    Coleman's mustard

Another Smedley wearer. Got maybe 20 or so Smedleys. Although my badger's hair shaving brush is Truefitt & Hill. Use it every day with either Taylors, Truefitt or Penhaligons shaving soap. We also have a full set of Le Creuset. In red. First world problems.
    I've gone over to Taylors in the last few years for shaving soap, combs and 'scent'. Trumper was never the same after they moved from their original shop. I've had their shaving brush for 20 yrs now, and it's as good as new.
    As for the rest; selvedge denim, Redwing boots and many years ago when I drummed, Paiste cymbals, but Trickers only for brogues and Oxfords.
    With all those kits, you weren't the Oasis drummer, were you? I think he was a Charlton fan.

No, not the Oasis drummer, mate. That's Alan White. My mate swears by Trickers. I have several pairs of Grensons, but no Trickers. First world problems again, but I find Taylors shaving soap lathers a lot easier than Truefitt and Penhaligons. I've got Trumpers after shave preprations and hair cream. I've had my shaving brush about 10 or 12 years and, again, it's as good as new. The key to it is rinsing it properly and drying it.
  • Options
    1) Zirh skin cream
    2) Brut deodorant
    3) Wilkinson's razors
    4) Independent / i
    5) W H Smith diary
  • Options
    WD40
    Marmite
    Aero
    Saintsbury's gold lable tea.
    Quink ink.
  • Options
    Kleenex
    KY Jelly
    Durex Condoms
    Gaffer Tape
    Razzle
  • Options

Kleenex
    KY Jelly
    Durex Condoms
    Gaffer Tape
    Razzle

All at the same time?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:

Kleenex
    KY Jelly
    Durex Condoms
    Gaffer Tape
    Razzle

All at the same time?
    Depends :smile:
  • Options
    Guinness
    Fullers ESB
    Fairy Liquid
    London Transport
    Charlton Athletic

Youngs Special would be on the list but I've stopped drinking it since it moved to Bedfordshire.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Tricky one this as I usually have zero brand loyalty in most places.

Jura Whisky
    BrewDog
    Westerham Brewery
    Private Eye
    Head & Shoulders

Literally cannot think of anything else I intentionally buy because it is that brand.

I like Isle of Jura but with so many malts out there I try to never buy the same brand twice.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Westminster Council, by any chance? If so, I try to avoid them for the same reason.
  • Options

Guinness
    Fullers ESB
    Fairy Liquid
    London Transport
    Charlton Athletic

Youngs Special would be on the list but I've stopped drinking it since it moved to Bedfordshire.

if I'd been allowed seven, the BBC and Marmite, too.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

1) Royal Beluga caviar
    2) Taittinger Champagne (preferably a '65)
    3) Barbour
    4) Land Rover
    5) Rand Refinery Krugerrands

If 4 had been Aston Martin I would've called you out as James Bond. Maybe you put Land Rover to throw us off the scent.