Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Name 5 products that you have carried on using for most of your life.

Comments

• Options
    1) BBC - tv, radio and website
    2) Heinz salad cream - forget all of that mayo madness
    3) Andrex - nothing else will touch my bottom.
    4) Head and Shoulder - tried t-gel once and smelt like a petrol station for a week.
    5) Google....use it everyday but hate the thought of it being something I need...nervous twitch and strange daydream about self sufficiency!
  • Options
    Guinness
    Lurpak Butter
    Robinsons Golden Shred
    Rombouts Coffee
    Imperial Leather soap
  • Options
    No brand loyalty whatsoever, which is quite handy considering where I now live.
  • Options

Beckenham?
  • Options
    Winfield toilet tissue,
    Freeman Hardy and Willis shoes,
    Marathon bars,
    Opal Fruits,
    Easy jeans.

My life is tough ;-)
  • Options
    Heinz Ketchup
    Branston Pickle
    Heinz Beans
    Heinz Salad Cream
    Sky Tv
  • Options
    Guinness
    Irwins Potato Bread
    HP Brown Sauce
    Heinz Beans
    Jeyes Fluid
  • Options
    My god, the number of times Heinz products are mentioned is amazing!
  • Options

Honestly I really think it is all advertising. They've done the old trick of putting own brand ketchup into a Heinz bottle for taste tests and no one was able to tell that it wasn't Heinz. Those adverts on the radio really wind me up. "It has to be Heinz", no it doesn't, it has to be a roundhouse kick to the temple you bedwetting turd.
  • Options
    Motorcycle news
    Marmite
    Ambrosia cream rice
    Weetabix
    Heinz salad cream
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Marmite
    2000AD
    Sony Walkman
    Adidas trainers
    Levi's (even though they're not nearly as good as they used to be!)
  • Options
    I'm not a brand follower, i'll use whatever suits me at a time.

Which is sad really, I guess Playstation over XBox is my only non budging point.
  • Options
    Marmite
    Weetabix
    Heinz beans
    Wrights coal tar soap
    Colgate toothpaste
  • Options
    Marmite
    Sure deodorant
    Colgate
    Pepsi (max these days)
    Johnsons shampoo
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I'm not a brand follower, i'll use whatever suits me at a time.

Which is sad really, I guess Babestation over XXXBox is my only non budging point.

:blush:
  • Options
    Bird's custard
    Colman's mustard
    Marmite
    Bisto
    Jacobs cream crackers
  • Options

7-11, surely
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Honestly I really think it is all advertising. They've done the old trick of putting own brand ketchup into a Heinz bottle for taste tests and no one was able to tell that it wasn't Heinz. Those adverts on the radio really wind me up. "It has to be Heinz", no it doesn't, it has to be a roundhouse kick to the temple you bedwetting turd.
    You're absolutely right. Their business model is based on buying the cheapest ingredients and selling them on at the highest price. There's nothing at all in their mix about quality and nothing about value. Amazing how many people say they prefer their beanz when they are little better than a supermarket own brand. Try doing a blind taste test with Branston and you'll never go back.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Stig said:

Fiiish said:

You're absolutely right. Their business model is based on buying the cheapest ingredients and selling them on at the highest price. There's nothing at all in their mix about quality and nothing about value. Amazing how many people say they prefer their beanz when they are little better than a supermarket own brand. Try doing a blind taste test with Branston and you'll never go back.
    Stig.......you can't ignore the fact that they 'are' simply a good product and what's good enough for Mum & Dad is good enough for their kids, over many decades as a matter of fact......product loyalty at it's most evident and in this instance I'm going to have to say, well deserved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Stig said:

Fiiish said:

Stig.......you can't ignore the fact that they 'are' simply a good product and what's good enough for Mum & Dad is good enough for their kids, over many decades as a matter of fact......product loyalty at it's most evident and in this instance I'm going to have to say, well deserved.
    No questioning that there's strong product loyalty, just questioning why that is when I don't actually see the evidence of quality that so many others assume to be there. I firmly believe that many peoples' affinity for their product comes from childhood memories of Beefy Botham (or whoever was the celebrity of the day) telling us that Beans Meanz Heinz or something similar.

It's a very interesting comment that, "what's good enough for Mum & Dad is good enough for their kids". I'm sure you're right when it comes to beans, but in so many fields that's not true at all. Who drives the same car as their parents, uses the same phone, or even drinks the same booze? Still using dad's Brylcream? No. Read the same newspaper? Probably not. Doing the shake and vac? Of course not. For so many products people actively swerve the stuff that their parents have/had, why not beans?
  • Options
    It could also have something to do with them producing a damn good fart on a regular ongoing basis, far better than any other brand I understand......something that kids in particular really appreciate.
  • Options
    Charlton
    Levis
    Cadburys
    Fosters
    Coca Cola
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Since I could make my own decisions and purchases....

Captain Morgan Rum
    Adidas football boots
    Playstation
    Nescafe gold blend
    Sony phones

Stopped drinking Captain Morgan Rum the day they put there name on Millwall Shirts
  • Options
    Heinz Ketchup
    Heinz Baked Beans
    Tag Heuer watches
    Fairy Liquid
    Levis jeans
  • Options
    Co-op ketchup
    Kellogs Cornflakes
    Gillette razors
    Birds Eye fish fingers
    Branston Pickle

I bought Heinz baked beans religiously until last year when I tried Branston and now much prefer those.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Trumper's badger hair shaving brush - oh oh
    Le Creuset casserole
    John Smedley knitwear
    American hard gums
    Coleman's mustard

Another Smedley wearer. Got maybe 20 or so Smedleys. Although my badger's hair shaving brush is Truefitt & Hill. Use it every day with either Taylors, Truefitt or Penhaligons shaving soap. We also have a full set of Le Creuset. In red. First world problems.
  • Options
    But also:

Selvedge denim.

Button-down cotton Oxfords

Red Wing shoes & boots

Padmore & Barnes shoes

Paiste cymbals

Pro-Mark drum sticks. I've tried Vic Firth and Vater, but I like the feel of Pro-Mark.

(I'm a little less brand reliant when it comes to kits as over the years I've had Ludwig, Sonor, Mapex and Pearl.)

• Options
    There are people questioning why people are so loyal to Heinz baked beans, I don't know how anyone can eat tinned beans from any manufacturers, they are fucking disgusting!